General Centrifugal Supercharger Discussion

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
so with this BLV you have to run a blow thru setup then right?? I won't work with a draw thru?

1Sick2Valve

Established Member

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
I dont believe you can run this draw through, since you'd be dumping metered air. All the article says is one large supercharger.... Large is a relative term lol

White_96Cobra

Established Member
I'm finishing up an intercooled s trim and was going to run a greddy type-s bov. Anyone have any experience with this on a similar set up?

Last edited:

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
my turbonetics godzilla works real well the only thing i dont like is when im just kinda cruising under 2k it makes a whistle noise which is annoying

White_96Cobra

Established Member
my turbonetics godzilla works real well the only thing i dont like is when im just kinda cruising under 2k it makes a whistle noise which is annoying

A tuner I talked to said you can put a filter over the outlet of the bov to help muffle it a little. This or just route it back to the intake should quiet it up.

THAITED

Established Member
A tuner I talked to said you can put a filter over the outlet of the bov to help muffle it a little. This or just route it back to the intake should quiet it up.

They sell the filter on www.superchargersonline.com

It is a blow through set up and you can choose two different kind I believe. (1-30 psi max and 20-160 psi) The BLV is suppose to be mounted before the bypass, MAF and T-body.

If you want full boost, you just close the valve by turning it with a wrench. For a street driving, just open it back to a 16 psi setting then it is done.

The only problem is, you have to mark your setting which can be easily done by a touch up paint. BTW, I asked them to pre-set mine from factory at 16 psi.

I hope this will work but I won't be able to do anything until next summer. My first priority is to get a replacement engine for my 03 Vert.

Last edited:

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
80's will NOT be enough for e85 and a f1a. I made 800 rwhp with a 04 cobra, f1c, 28lbs on a stock motor,120lbs injectors and a magnafuel efi tuner series 4303 pump. We didn't sump the tank but came in the back of it with a 5/8 chromoly tube into the factory sump area (kept it real clean) and used that as the pick up. It will take 120's for sure. E85 is about 30% more fuel than gas. I also made my own 8 rib kit for it, bought all the pulleys from ford and a innovators west balencer spaced the procharger brackets out accordinaly and no belt issues.

Some one needs todo an 11to one motor on KORN with a F1r and some GT heads:) That would be sweet!!!!!

Jcobra03

import reaper
Established Member
80's will NOT be enough for e85 and a f1a. I made 800 rwhp with a 04 cobra, f1c, 28lbs on a stock motor,120lbs injectors and a magnafuel efi tuner series 4303 pump. We didn't sump the tank but came in the back of it with a 5/8 chromoly tube into the factory sump area (kept it real clean) and used that as the pick up. It will take 120's for sure. E85 is about 30% more fuel than gas. I also made my own 8 rib kit for it, bought all the pulleys from ford and a innovators west balencer spaced the procharger brackets out accordinaly and no belt issues.

Some one needs todo an 11to one motor on KORN with a F1r and some GT heads:) That would be sweet!!!!!

my project car im building is a 11:1 korn fed engine with a t trim.id like to find a ysi to crank it up. i have 83lbs injectors with a eliminator setup i was hoping that was gonna be enough .

Last edited:

02blownGT

Established Member
I'm finishing up an intercooled s trim and was going to run a greddy type-s bov. Anyone have any experience with this on a similar set up?

When i was running 10psi it seemed too small imo.Also make sure you remove the large spring inside the BoV.They have two keep the smaller one as you need it to vent air anytime your not near WoT.

White_96Cobra

Established Member
When i was running 10psi it seemed too small imo.Also make sure you remove the large spring inside the BoV.They have two keep the smaller one as you need it to vent air anytime your not near WoT.

What do you mean when you say it seemed to small? And I believe my buddy that I got it from said something about that mod. He said it was running it on his evo at 25psi.

I have a decent tune on the car and have been driving it and it seems to be doing well. Only thing is that it kind pulses when I let off. Other than that it seems to be doing well.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Haha, I know what you guys mean with the sound complaints. I had a T-trim and Tial Q BOV on my Cobra and everyone at work was like 'why does your car sound like a 747 when you drive in?' Could definitely street sweep a road with the BOV too, I think the air coming out of that thing at idle was more than the aux fan pushed when it was on low.

What do you mean when you say it seemed to small? And I believe my buddy that I got it from said something about that mod. He said it was running it on his evo at 25psi.

I have a decent tune on the car and have been driving it and it seems to be doing well. Only thing is that it kind pulses when I let off. Other than that it seems to be doing well.

There is a big difference in the amount of air being released by a BOV between an Evo and a blown V8. Just think, an Evo has a relatively small turbo forcing air through maybe 2.5" piping, relatively small I/C and into 2.0L of engine. A blown Cobra has a huge supercharger forcing air into 2.5-3" piping, through a big intercooler, and into 4.6L or even 5.0L of V8. I'd want a much bigger BOV on the V8.

I had the Vortech Mondo on my car and it didn't seem to be working right, so I bought the Tial Q 50mm BOV instead. Same BOV the pros use, including a pair of them on just about any TT Viper, Ford GT and Gallardo you'll see. The thing is LOUD too, which I usually didn't mind. Cruising down the road at highway speed wasn't bad, but drop it in 3rd at 65 mph and you'll destroy the ears of the person in the car next to you. Ask my friends :-D

Anyway, 20+psi has my old Cobra, ask him about it. I'd bet it'll work just fine even with his new YSi setup.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread