General Centrifugal Supercharger Discussion

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Really you guys like the 4.10's huh?? Man I think it's to much gear.. I'm constantly shifting.. I will say it is really fun on the street, but street racing I dont' do as well because there is always a gear advantage, espiecally when I race a 03/04 with 3.55's..

03zincyellowsvt

Established Member
I plan on running a 28" drag radial on the street and 28" slicks for the track so it wont be quite so aggressive and I'm got try spinning the motor to 7k and see how she likes it and should put me right Where I want to be MPH wise around 140ish

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yea that's true a 28'' tall tire would make it a bit better, and 7k for the bigger blowers is just the beginning lol. When you get your teksid built spin it to 7.5 and it should still be making power. Unfortunatley I always run around on a 26'' tall tire so I think I'm going to step down to 3.73's.. But we'll see. Like I said the car is a blast on the street, just when I try to race people I don't pull as hard but I do always take the win so I guess it's worth it.

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
I think I'm going to step down to 3.73's.. But we'll see. Like I said the car is a blast on the street, just when I try to race people I don't pull as hard but I do always take the win so I guess it's worth it.

Im going to do the same thing, i feel the same way :beer:

03zincyellowsvt

Established Member
Yea that's true a 28'' tall tire would make it a bit better, and 7k for the bigger blowers is just the beginning lol. When you get your teksid built spin it to 7.5 and it should still be making power. Unfortunatley I always run around on a 26'' tall tire so I think I'm going to step down to 3.73's.. But we'll see. Like I said the car is a blast on the street, just when I try to race people I don't pull as hard but I do always take the win so I guess it's worth it.

The plan is to raise the compression and rev it til atleast 7.5 maybe 8 it should be fun either way though

Blackedout

Established Member
The tear-down... Day 1... eaton is off along with everything off the front of the motor.... Need to get the gaskets and clean-up the front before anything goes back in.... long list of work to do..

fst86410

Established Member
I should be getting mine tuned this spring. I cracked a piston with the d1 so that was the perfect time to step it up. I went with a .020 over teksid block, 10:1, ported heads, short runner intake, stage four crower cams, 3" exhaust, oh and a F1A. I'm running e85 too. What do you think it will make?

Myzticsnake

Savage
Established Member
chris, let me know what you pick up with the 15% OD if you end up switching to one. Id love to make some more TQ downlow and switch up to a little bit bigger pulley for sooner boost.

Also, funny story, i went to an exhuast shop to get a leak welded up and they dude goes to pull my car on the rack and the instant he starts it up he shuts it off and scrambles outta the car. "DUDE, wtf is wrong with that thing, that noise aint an exhaust leak!" So i tell him its just my blow off valve and not to worry about it. "OK, whatever dude, you need to get that fixed...."

Also great, i was at the movie theater lookin for a damn parking spot and didnt have any luck, so i had was pissed and goosed it comin out of the parking garage and by the ticket stand. I find a spot and come back and my gf is lookin at me all pissed. "That thing is entirely too loud, you flew by and it was like a pissed off jet airliner doin a flyby!"

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
chris, let me know what you pick up with the 15% OD if you end up switching to one. Id love to make some more TQ downlow and switch up to a little bit bigger pulley for sooner boost.

Also, funny story, i went to an exhuast shop to get a leak welded up and they dude goes to pull my car on the rack and the instant he starts it up he shuts it off and scrambles outta the car. "DUDE, wtf is wrong with that thing, that noise aint an exhaust leak!" So i tell him its just my blow off valve and not to worry about it. "OK, whatever dude, you need to get that fixed...."

Also great, i was at the movie theater lookin for a damn parking spot and didnt have any luck, so i had was pissed and goosed it comin out of the parking garage and by the ticket stand. I find a spot and come back and my gf is lookin at me all pissed. "That thing is entirely too loud, you flew by and it was like a pissed off jet airliner doin a flyby!"

LMAO good stories man ahaha. I had a cop in Santana Row tell me my car had a huge vaccum leak, the other cop looked at him and told him to shut his mouth and that he had no idea about cars lol.. Also I will let you know whats up on the 15% O/D pulley. I'm going to try to pick one up in a couple of months, and then try to have AED retune it again before I get it out here. If I can pick up more tq and better power under the curve that would be the best investment ever for me. :beer:

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
I should be getting mine tuned this spring. I cracked a piston with the d1 so that was the perfect time to step it up. I went with a .020 over teksid block, 10:1, ported heads, short runner intake, stage four crower cams, 3" exhaust, oh and a F1A. I'm running e85 too. What do you think it will make?

What pulley? My guess .....a lot.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member

I'm going to say probably around 750-800rwhp.. the 10:1 is going to be awesome throttle response and the ported heads will be great and the F1A spinning about 25psi will get you those numbers minimum..:beer: Oh but this is all ofcoarse if you have enough fuel.. You will need to run bigger than 80lb injectors to achieve 800rwhp..

Last edited:

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
I'm going to say probably around 750-800rwhp.. the 10:1 is going to be awesome throttle response and the ported heads will be great and the F1A spinning about 25psi will get you those numbers minimum..:beer: Oh but this is all ofcoarse if you have enough fuel.. You will need to run bigger than 80lb injectors to achieve 800rwhp..

No you wont... 80lb injectors, upgraded pumps and a boost a pump will be plenty for 800

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^ You sure?? I'm pretty sure most run out at like 750rwhp.. Unless you start to pump the base pressure up which I guess some people do but I heard isn't really recommended. He is running E85, if it was regular gas yea 80's would be enough, but again with E85 I'm thinking he's gunna run out of injector.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I really don't think so. There are a few people on here with 80's that ended up running out of injector, since E85 requires 25% more fuel than regular gas... I could be wrong though I'm not an E85 expert and every car is different..

Myzticsnake

Savage
Established Member
if i had to guess 80s would run out of injector with e85 before 800hp. With that much hp and e85 you pretty much need to be shooting a fire hose into the cylinder.

Users who are viewing this thread