General Centrifugal Supercharger Discussion

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Where can I buy a 15% OD crank pulley? ATI only makes 12%, thank you.

Lethal Performance sells the innovate west one on there website..

Well I going to start with a 4 inch and go fro there. As for injectors I'm running 120's. I was hoping for something around 750hp.

If you're running 120's you will be more than fine. I can see alot more than 750rwhp btw. Like I said 750-800rwhp minimum depending on boost.

03zincyellowsvt

Established Member
chris, let me know what you pick up with the 15% OD if you end up switching to one. Id love to make some more TQ downlow and switch up to a little bit bigger pulley for sooner boost.

Also, funny story, i went to an exhuast shop to get a leak welded up and they dude goes to pull my car on the rack and the instant he starts it up he shuts it off and scrambles outta the car. "DUDE, wtf is wrong with that thing, that noise aint an exhaust leak!" So i tell him its just my blow off valve and not to worry about it. "OK, whatever dude, you need to get that fixed...."

Also great, i was at the movie theater lookin for a damn parking spot and didnt have any luck, so i had was pissed and goosed it comin out of the parking garage and by the ticket stand. I find a spot and come back and my gf is lookin at me all pissed. "That thing is entirely too loud, you flew by and it was like a pissed off jet airliner doin a flyby!"

Lol I got pulled over by a female cop she got out of the car and was like wtf did you do to this thing to make it sound like this? I shrugged and said F1 procharger. She just handed my license back and walked away lol

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
So after much debating. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to go straight to the 15% and a 3.2'' blower pulley, and say screw the 2.75.. I think I'm going to have alot of belt slip with the 2.75'' thats why I think I'm going to go this route. That and I won't have to pay for a retune.. I really want to know what a 15% O/D equates to as far as lower pulley LB's are concerned. Like the 04 cobra guys always talk about a 2lb, 4lb, 6lb lower pulley and they gain a ton of tq.. What would a 15% O/D equate to?? Thoughts??

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
you have a YSI right? Suprisingly if you call vortech they actually will really be able to help you out on alot of stuff...i was atleast suprised

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
No I have a T-trim.. I have called vortech before to figure out that I needed the 2.75'' pulley. I might try to give them a call on tuesday about the O/D pulley..

THAITED

Established Member
Lethal Performance sells the innovate west one on there website..

If you're running 120's you will be more than fine. I can see alot more than 750rwhp btw. Like I said 750-800rwhp minimum depending on boost.

Thank you.

So after much debating. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to go straight to the 15% and a 3.2'' blower pulley, and say screw the 2.75.. I think I'm going to have alot of belt slip with the 2.75'' thats why I think I'm going to go this route. That and I won't have to pay for a retune.. I really want to know what a 15% O/D equates to as far as lower pulley LB's are concerned. Like the 04 cobra guys always talk about a 2lb, 4lb, 6lb lower pulley and they gain a ton of tq.. What would a 15% O/D equate to?? Thoughts??

If you use the 15% with 2.75 pulley, will the boost come on even sooner than using a 3.2" pulley? That's what I'm planning to do so I can have more low end torque. I will use the BLV to bleed of the boost so my max boost would be remained at 16 psi. I don't need anymore boost than that. I want an engine longevity.

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Thank you.

If you use the 15% with 2.75 pulley, will the boost come on even sooner than using a 3.2" pulley? That's what I'm planning to do so I can have more low end torque. I will use the BLV to bleed of the boost so my max boost would be remained at 16 psi. I don't need anymore boost than that. I want an engine longevity.

Yes you will have more boost but unless you are running a wastegate your theory won't work. You can't bleed off boost using a blow off valve... well I guess you could by loosening the valve. There is someone that did a bypass valve and a wastegate on a A/A setup.. He pullied it for the max impeller speed and then used his wastegate to waste off the extra air to maintain 15psi on the street, then using a boost controller could change the amount of air wasted so then he would be at 25 or whatever psi on race gas.. Unless you plan on doing a setup like that it'll be way to much boost for pump gas. Also something to remember is the impeller speed of the blower. If you were to do that you would want to pulley it for the max speed of the blower and whatever psi it made go from there. :beer:

THAITED

Established Member
Yes you will have more boost but unless you are running a wastegate your theory won't work. You can't bleed off boost using a blow off valve... well I guess you could by loosening the valve. There is someone that did a bypass valve and a wastegate on a A/A setup.. He pullied it for the max impeller speed and then used his wastegate to waste off the extra air to maintain 15psi on the street, then using a boost controller could change the amount of air wasted so then he would be at 25 or whatever psi on race gas.. Unless you plan on doing a setup like that it'll be way to much boost for pump gas. Also something to remember is the impeller speed of the blower. If you were to do that you would want to pulley it for the max speed of the blower and whatever psi it made go from there. :beer:

Thank you again for your help. Sorry I didn't make it clear about the BLV it is a manual Boost limiter valve sells by this guy. 928 Motorsports - Powerdyne Parts - Universal Adjustable Boost Limiter Valve (BLV) My blower impeller speed should be pretty decent since I'm running a ceramic bearings right now. I believe they are good for 60000 rpm.

Last edited:

00BlackGT

Established Member
Hey guys, i run a lil P1 on the stock motor, i hope to run an F1 with you big boys soon.

neways, running the pro-flo BPV and i wanna upgrade... Big Red?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread