General Centrifugal Supercharger Discussion

icobra99

Established Member
Alright guys I know this question has been discussed a million times but figured I'd post it in here. I have a vorteched built 2v should put down about 500hp maybe a lil more. My question is what gear? I have 4:10s now and loved em when the car only made 385 don't know about 500 tho. It is a street car mainly occasional drag strip trips but me and my buddies do alot of roll racing and would like to be able to get a high mph. Any suggestions?

Before my motor blew I was putting down 506hp through 3:73s, and if I was you and it wasnt a big deal to switch out I'd go with the 3:73s. With relation to your roll races it really depends on what mph you wanna start and end your races and you can typically make anything work. If your hp stays around 500 and your races typically dont end over 125mph or so 4:10's should be great but you'll be doing a lot of shifting, possibly a lot of spinning. Which nobody likes when your street racing.. Im gunna stick with the 3:73s myself as I up my power, simply because most of my racing's done on the street and I spin too god damn much as it is. And then there's those days when a vette trys to take you up to 150 thinkin your high geared slowstang's gunna run out of juice.. Gotta have those 3:73s on those days right? :loser:

Last edited:

icobra99

Established Member
This might help give you an idea. Here's a short roll vid of mine with the 3:83s & 506hp. (Not my potato it was filmed with, dont hate..)

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XOvUoKp5aQ"]13psi Vortech Cobra 30-120 - YouTube[/nomedia]

Users who are viewing this thread