General Centrifugal Supercharger Discussion

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
I figure i would just make a thread that we can talk about little parts about our setups or post new ideas or dyno numbers instead of bumping old threads.
If anyone spots a good deal for a 15% overdrive let me know!

03zincyellowsvt

Established Member
good idea, i always wondered if you could run a cog driven procharger with an 01 timing cover instead of relocating the battery etc.

Blackedout

Established Member
Going to start taking the EATON off and installing the F1-A friday.... any pointers ???

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I thought the 15% couldn't be run with a normal water pump pulley? I'm running a 12% and it takes up quite a bit of space under there.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
^^^ Hey I'm looking for a 15% o/d pulley lol...
group buy time
Procharger might make a bracket for that. If not then the House of Boost dedicated drive would work, but it requires a 96-99 Cobra timing cover.
HOB makes such nice stuff....so much money though!
Going to start taking the EATON off and installing the F1-A friday.... any pointers ???
find a tuner who is good at tuning a centri....they arent as easy to tune as the twin screw cars
I thought the 15% couldn't be run with a normal water pump pulley? I'm running a 12% and it takes up quite a bit of space under there.

with the 15 you need to grind down some stuff but the water pump is alright

20+psi

700+rwhp club
Established Member

Yep, the 15% will still work with stock water pump pulley. The 18% is a different story and requires an electric water pump. I don't think they make a 12% ??

03zincyellowsvt

Established Member

how are you gonna run it? an 01 intake or running the stock lower intake. getting the blower on is the easy part, it doing the piping and relocating the powersteering etc.

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
Yep, the 15% will still work with stock water pump pulley. The 18% is a different story and requires an electric water pump. I don't think they make a 12% ??

Really, I herd anything above 10% and you are looking for trouble.

Blackedout

Established Member
how are you gonna run it? an 01 intake or running the stock lower intake. getting the blower on is the easy part, it doing the piping and relocating the powersteering etc.

Going to run the stock lower.... Yes lots of stuff to relocate...

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
get ready for fun but its going to be worth it! I love my cars attitude with this blower...i love the reactions too with my bypass.

Iso

Sounds fast
Established Member
With winter rolling around I'm starting to get a list of little things I want to get done, like move the intercooler so it fits in the grill opening better, and making a power pipe.

One of the things I want to do is get rid of the crappy bypass valve that came with my kit and move it from right after the blower to up by the throttle body. I know I've seen it on other setups but in my mind I keep thinking its going to cause problems if its letting metered air out.

Other opinions/experience?

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
im stoked to go back to the track run hard
if anyone knows someone trying to buy a new meth kit for cheap im selling one.

03zincyellowsvt

Established Member
Me too I'm getting some 4.10s its gonna rock out now, the combination of a slipping clutch and 3.27s made for some disappointing 12.1s@121 :-(

harvboi05

Established Member
One of the things I want to do is get rid of the crappy bypass valve that came with my kit and move it from right after the blower to up by the throttle body. I know I've seen it on other setups but in my mind I keep thinking its going to cause problems if its letting metered air out.

unless you switch to speed density, it will need to be recirculated.

Users who are viewing this thread