**GEN-3 Killer Chiller GB**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
Just go to napa and get the pag 46 oil charge. It has 2oz of pag 46 and 2 oz of 134a. I used this after talking to joe and it works perfectly. Has for months now.

Ceanes

Established Member
Joe it looks like the Industrial 12a is not available right now;

We are having a dispute with the D.O.T. regarding the Industrial 12a. They say that even one can is considered hazmat and need to be charged an additional $21.00 hazmat fee and marked "appropriately". We will not be able to comply with that ruling for at least a week. The options are this: Get a 30 lb equivalent cylinder for $150.00 total delivered, or get the regular ES-12a. Six cans of it are $45.00 total delivered. Please advise.

Here is some info for anyone else looking for this.

I got a call from AutoRefrigerants, Inc. today after placing my order stating the same thing. The guy said if I had to have it this week to order from Environmentally Friendly Refrigerant and Automotive Fluid Products - Enviro-Safe, Inc which is the actual manufacturer of this. Their cans are labeled different (Industrial R134 replacement) but is Ind 12a. It ended up costing more, because you can only buy it by the case (12 cans), then you have to pay a $20 hazmat fee. I'm assuming when AutoRefrigerants gets their stuff worked out, it will have the same fee added as well.

Chuck

J.Kincaid

Established Member
Joe it looks like the Industrial 12a is not available right now;

We are having a dispute with the D.O.T. regarding the Industrial 12a. They say that even one can is considered hazmat and need to be charged an additional $21.00 hazmat fee and marked "appropriately". We will not be able to comply with that ruling for at least a week. The options are this: Get a 30 lb equivalent cylinder for $150.00 total delivered, or get the regular ES-12a. Six cans of it are $45.00 total delivered. Please advise.

I just talked to the owner, he said they'll resume shipping next Monday. Just be sure to ask for the Kincaid free shipping deal. He said prices might have to go up a little, but shouldn't be much.

- Joe

got mine today!! should be installing tomorrow.
It would be nice to get a copy of the instructions with the kit as well as updated instructions for the new version though.

You can print out the instructions off of our website. Click on "tech help".

Question about the PAG46 oil.

I cant find a 2oz can of it, do you have a brand in name that I can search for so I can get a 2oz can?

I found some at NAPA that is 4oz, 2 oz of oil and 2oz of R134a.
NAPA AUTO PARTS

I found some at Advance Auto Parts that is 3oz, 1oz of oil, 1oz of R134a and 1oz of something else.
Buy Interdynamics R-134a PAG 46 w/ICE 32 Oil Charge (3 oz.) PC-1 at Advance Auto Parts

Use the pag 46 with 2oz of oil and 2oz of R134a.

- Joe

Here is some info for anyone else looking for this.

I got a call from AutoRefrigerants, Inc. today after placing my order stating the same thing. The guy said if I had to have it this week to order from Environmentally Friendly Refrigerant and Automotive Fluid Products - Enviro-Safe, Inc which is the actual manufacturer of this. Their cans are labeled different (Industrial R134 replacement) but is Ind 12a. It ended up costing more, because you can only buy it by the case (12 cans), then you have to pay a $20 hazmat fee. I'm assuming when AutoRefrigerants gets their stuff worked out, it will have the same fee added as well.

Chuck

They'll start shipping again next Mon. He had to order the D.O.T approved stickers for each can. He said it'll increase the price slightly, but shouldn't be much. Let them know you want the Kincaid deal, and you should get 6-7 bucks off.

- Joe

rudycobra

Established Member
I just talked to the owner, he said they'll resume shipping next Monday. Just be sure to ask for the Kincaid free shipping deal. He said prices might have to go up a little, but shouldn't be much.

- Joe

You can print out the instructions off of our website. Click on "tech help".

Use the pag 46 with 2oz of oil and 2oz of R134a.

- Joe

They'll start shipping again next Mon. He had to order the D.O.T approved stickers for each can. He said it'll increase the price slightly, but shouldn't be much. Let them know you want the Kincaid deal, and you should get 6-7 bucks off.

- Joe

Awesome ! Will b ordering Monday !

Rudy

rider4life350

Established Member
Need help with the ac recharge.

I pulled vacuum put in the oil. Put in the first can of 134 then started it up. Put the second can in and I went up to 250 high side and only 35ish on the low side. The air isn't very cold at all. Best I got was in the high 60's coming out the vents. It was cooling the fluid but not as good as it should. Any ideas what might be happening??

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
You need to put in at least another can maybe two bro.

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
It seemed that way to me too when I was charging it. After the 3rd can it came down. Landed up taking 3.5 ish.

TRBO VNM

Sale still on? If so who do I need to contact??

Just a guess, but I bet you will find the person to contact and phone number or website in the first post of this thread. Then you can call and find out if you can get in on the sale. :D

rider4life350

Established Member
i gave up and took it to a shop to get it charged. My inside temps are low 50's but my post intercooler temps are still only getting down to the low 70's idling and goes up in the 80's while driving. i did find out i have an aftermarket heat exhanger, dont know if thats my issue or not. i also insulated all the ac lines as well as the coolant lines.

what are you guys running for temps at idle and after driving?

also what are you guys using to insulate the ac lines?

Last edited:

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
i gave up and took it to a shop to get it charged. My inside temps are low 50's but my post intercooler temps are still only getting down to the low 70's idling and goes up in the 80's while driving. i did find out i have an aftermarket heat exhanger, dont know if thats my issue or not. i also insulated all the ac lines as well as the coolant lines.

My a/c appears to be blowing cool but not as cold as I'm thinking it should be.. my iat2's are only 10-15 degrees less than they were before the kc.. I charged my system just as the instructions said with alittle over 3 cans of r12 .. high side 2.8 x ambient

I still feel like somethings off .. I was thinking iat2's wouldn't get passed 100 .. mine stay around 110 (used to be 125ish)

Last edited:

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
^ whats your low side pressure? you might need a little more freon.... on my setup 3 cans puts me around 35psi , 4 cans around 50psi..... I find that around 40-42psi is about perfect for cabin cooling & IC tank temps of around 40*F

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member

if its around 80-90 ambient temps, I see normal driving IAT2's of around 86-89*......after a good beating 1st-4th...it will spike to around 105* with throttle closed, sometimes with repetitive runs....I may see a spike up to 120, but can usually recovers to around 90's within 5 minutes....to get back to a pre-beating temp of 86-89 sometimes can take 10-15 minutes of normal driving with the AC on.

I insulated my lines with rubber foam sticks from Menards used for 5/8" copper. I insulated the IC tank with 1/2" foam sheeting that has the foil backing. also with ambient temps above 80*, I run with my bypass valve turned to eliminate coolant going to the H/E

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
if its around 80-90 ambient temps, I see normal driving IAT2's of around 86-89*......after a good beating 1st-4th...it will spike to around 105* with throttle closed, sometimes with repetitive runs....I may see a spike up to 120, but can usually recovers to around 90's within 5 minutes....to get back to a pre-beating temp of 86-89 sometimes can take 10-15 minutes of normal driving with the AC on.

I insulated my lines with rubber foam sticks from Menards used for 5/8" copper. I insulated the IC tank with 1/2" foam sheeting that has the foil backing. also with ambient temps above 80*, I run with my bypass valve turned to eliminate coolant going to the H/E

Where did you find the foam sheeting for insulating the IC tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread