Gave a Z06 owner his first run

OhOneSnake

Let it melt......
Established Member
On the way in to work today, I'm cruising along at about 85-90, when I pass by a new, red Z06, who instantly speeds up to pace me. I know he is going to waste my NA 01 royally, so I just give him the thumbs up and smile as he nails it past me. He isn't satisfied by this, so he does it 2 more times. I guess ge just bought the thing, cause he just keeps gunning it in 3rd, then slowing down.

Finally, I get next to him and pull off from 3rd, and by the top of 4th he was screaming past me.

I don't know if they come from the factory sounding like this, or whether he got exhaust on it already, but it sounded just like the C5R from the last ALMS race I went to.

REPCobra10

Established Member
Blue Poison said:
Maybe he'll get lucky and run into a KB'd or Whipple Cobra and get surprised.

That would definitely be a good race, probably a driver's race. On a side note, the stock factory exhaust on the C6 Z06 has vacuum-operated valves that open up from 3,500 rpms and above under full engine load which allows for straight through flow, thus making it sound mean as hell like the ALMS Corvette C6R. Take it easy.

wpd736

Back to Blue
Established Member
drivers race ?????

REPCobra10 said:
That would definitely be a good race, probably a driver's race. .

Are the new z06 really that bad azz that it would be a drivers race for a kb'd or whippled cobra from the factory that is hard to believe .... not impossible I am not one to say a cobra cant be beat ... far from it just that the whippled cobra's that I have seen have been damn mean !!!!

iCEMANSGCCC

Banned
wpd736 said:
Are the new z06 really that bad azz that it would be a drivers race for a kb'd or whippled cobra from the factory that is hard to believe .... not impossible I am not one to say a cobra cant be beat ... far from it just that the whippled cobra's that I have seen have been damn mean !!!!

Actually yeah, they're right. It would be a drivers race with a KB or Whipple due to weight.

DCAN87

Established Member
I'm sorry. But I don't see a 600+ RWHP cobra vs. a 475 RWHP vette a drivers race. A weight differance isn't going to make up for 125+ hp. I think a ported eaton would be a pretty good run though.

iCEMANSGCCC

Banned
blueangelfightr said:
I'm sorry. But I don't see a 600+ RWHP cobra vs. a 475 RWHP vette a drivers race. A weight differance isn't going to make up for 125+ hp. I think a ported eaton would be a pretty good run though.

Are most of the Whipples and KBs making 600RWHP?(i honestly dont know, i figured it was ~ 525-550

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
iCEMANSGCCC said:
Are most of the Whipples and KBs making 600RWHP?(i honestly dont know, i figured it was ~ 525-550
580 on a conservative tune, my most aggressive puts me at AF 11.2 on 16 psi.

2k1cobra

Established Member
blueangelfightr said:
Actually i think the c6 zo6's dyno 440-450 RWHP. I dont know why people always say it will be a drivers race not all zo6's trap 127 mph stock just like not all kb-whipple cobras trap 130 mph.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
For arguments sake:

3130/~450rwhp = 6.95 lb/hp
3700/~532rwhp = 6.95 lb/hp

Not exact, but it'll give you an idea.

Aftermarket tires, rear gears, and oh yeah!! the driver mod will also play a major role

Edit: Oops, I wish it was 6.95 hp/lb. That's a hell of a P/W ratio :-D

Last edited:

REPCobra10

Established Member
GTSpartan said:
For arguments sake:

3130/~450rwhp = 6.95 hp/lb
3700/~532rwhp = 6.95 hp/lb

Not exact, but it'll give you an idea.

Aftermarket tires, rear gears, and oh yeah!! the driver mod will also play a major role

Good stuff man. Power to weight ratio is where it's at, for the most part.

racebronco2

Established Member
i haven't seen any c6 zo6 at the drags yet ..... the books say 12.2 -11.7 at 120-127 trap speed ... my car would dyno at about 500 hp, i have no lower pulley, no bap and stock injectors and my maf is at 4.74 volts ... see my numbers in the sig ... the only video i saw is one that ran on slicks it did 11.7 at 127mph .... the tests that i saw put the weight of the vette at 3330 lbs road and track december ... 12.2 at 120 ..... i ran on kuhmo's corrected 12.28 at 116mph ... my car weighs 3620 lbs when new ...

cobra 3620 ~ 495 = 7.31
vette 3330 ~ 455 = 7.31

so the numbers were a little inflated for the cobra and deflated for the vette ... 495hp is really not a problem for the cobra's .... if it was from a dig the higher powered cobra's would win cause most of them drive on drag radials ... from a roll it would be the vette

DrZacharyus

Banned
z06 has better aero dynamics, better gears, high revving motor (yes i know the doch 4.6 loves to rev but a 7.0l that loves to rev is amazing)....this all helps in a roll race guys!

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member

all depends on the boost.. i seen KB's with 14psi.. thats a waste of a KB

there was a thread on here with one guy making about 500whp or something like that and hanging with one and i think got beat by a car or half car at some high MPH. LOL i think a 550rwhp cobra and a Z06 will be a good race, driver race. from a roll i believe. i still want to see how a Z06 runs on drag radials.... stock runflats limits their 1/4mile times. 11.7 on those tires is amazing

a KB on enough boost for 600whp should slowly walk away on one

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread