Gave a Z06 owner his first run

RandomTask

Banned
50 BMG said:
OK, we need bottles of the reading and smart drugs for you 2, lmfao. For f*cks sake...seriously.

Again, read slow and compare the frontal area and drag coefficients of the C6Z and the cobra.

Please... Don't come in here and try to make us drink your kool-aid with you.

What company is "coming out" with a supercharger for this particular engine?

We've all seen what happened to a LS7 on a power adder (nitrous), yet get this tidbit from NX's website FAQ.

Notice that 20 hp per cylinder rating on a stock engine? So unless there was a crap install or bad quality nitrous...LS7 can't handle it on a stock engine...and we all know how much LXX's love nitrous :whine:

Bored---> :bored: and waiting until the next power adder LS7 gives it a try. Hopefully they'll log their miles...

Anyways, I'd love to know who is going to make a zero PSI blower for these engines and start hearing about it when the stock LS7's start blowing up in short order cause the owner upped the output to 3 PSI :poke:

BTW, the LS7 is a great engine.

Reading and smart drugs?

Why dont you do some real world comparison, instead of magazine racing. If you honestly think that the Z doesnt have a huge aero advantage on the cobra, something is wrong. And its nto just because of the gears. The Z's and the cobras gearing isnt that different, and especially not different enough to make some sort of difference.

Next youll be telling us that a cobra is just as aerodynamic an an enzo. Drive through.

You can tell by looking at it, i dont need your math to tell me which car is more aerodynamic.

The Z is lower, has a more pointed front end, body panels/air damn that reduce lift, etc. The cobra has none of that.

You are the first person i have EVER seen try and argue this. wow.

And youre right, the LS7 is a great engine. And i think most owners arent going to go the power adder route. I know i wouldnt, especially when a simple heads/cam setup will get it to 600rwhp naturally aspirated.

Who needs a blower when you have 427 cubic inches?

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
RandomTask said:
Why dont you do some real world comparison, instead of magazine racing.

That data is from the really real world...

RandomTask said:
If you honestly think that the Z doesnt have a huge aero advantage on the cobra, something is wrong.

Really? So your saying I should get a C6Z, take it to a wind tunnel and come up with the same exact results as already published by -multiple- other sources?

RandomTask said:
Next youll be telling us that a cobra is just as aerodynamic an an enzo. Drive through.

Enzo's have a c/d of .37 and a shitload more downforce, look it up. Review your drive through order

RandomTask said:
You can tell by looking at it, i dont need your math to tell me which car is more aerodynamic.

lmfao, priceless. I thought I'd seen over the top with Illson 94 SVT, but I'm not going to bother with this level of greatness after this post.

RandomTask said:
The Z is lower, has a more pointed front end, body panels/air damn that reduce lift, etc. The cobra has none of that.

Thats nice, still doesn't change the fact that the cobra is more aerodynamically efficient.

RandomTask said:
You are the first person i have EVER seen try and argue this. wow.

You're the ONLY person I've ever seen try to disprove math and physics based on the way a car looks. double wow...

RandomTask said:
Who needs a blower when you have 427 cubic inches?

Who needs 427 CID when you can have a FI engine?

Last edited:

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
Car and Driver reported a drag coefficient of .34 on the C6Z (compare that to .26 on the C5Z and .28 on the standard c6 ), a frontal area of 75.9 inches, and a stock ride height of 49 inches. 03/04 Cobras have a C/d of .33, and a frontal area of 73.1 inches, and stock ride height of 52.5 inches. Which seems more aerodynamic again?

like mentioned before... it might not be as aerodynamic, and hence a reason why it might not do over 200mph. but the car needs the downforce at speed to make it more stable. its been said its pretty stable at high speed over the older Z06 and such.

Who needs 427 CID when you can have a FI engine?

exactly... FI is more potent with more boost and more streetable than the built 427's. i mean Lsx big inch motors are pretty streetable with big cams with a good tune but still, i'd rather have FI. both are great. if i had 427, i would stay n/a with spray if i need the power. if i had a little inch FI motor, i'd love to stay that way. both are better than having a weak 350 inch small block like i got.

Notice that 20 hp per cylinder rating on a stock engine? So unless there was a crap install or bad quality nitrous...LS7 can't handle it on a stock engine...and we all know how much LXX's love nitrous

if you read in the ford GT section on this site, this discussion came up and i found out that the nitrous install was infact, POOOP. LOL it was setup where the spray was almost directly spraying into the #2 cylinder. all that pressure and spray went into that cylinder and melted it on the first try with the spray. in that vid, you can see thats why the SS pulled so hard on the second run.. the Z06 was on 7 cylinders. its a amazing that the cylinder didnt blow off out thru the hood of that car! strong internals

I think the fanboy base would be shocked to see the result of a 3200 pound ported eaton terminator run against a C6Z. Even with stock ride heights

in the straight line, not really... those eatons can put up to 500rwhp. at 3200lbs thats like Z06 terroritory. power to weight favors the cobra. aerodynamically, i guess the Cobra has a slight advantage at .33 to .34. but it wont be as stable as the vette's suspension design is superior and you expect that from a $70K car designed for racing.

Last edited:

RandomTask

Banned
I should have known better than to argue with a bunch of cobra fanboys.

You know what they say, "dont argue with an idiot, theyll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience".

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Orr89-

I missed that #2 cylinder thing. If it's true thats retarded cause the guy who owns that C6Z supposedly owns quite a few fast cars w/spray (I know he owns the Ford GT from RSW as well). I don't see how they could have f*cked up an install (and a high end one at that) on what is basically the same thing as an LS1/2/6 etc. nitrous install. Oh well...

RandomTask said:
I should have known better than to argue with a bunch of cobra fanboys.

Stating the facts does not make someone a fanboy. If you don't want accept the facts cause a bunch of other screennames (i.e. the real fanboy's) say so...w/e. Nevermind I won't even bother...

RandomTask said:
You know what they say, "dont argue with an idiot, theyll just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience".

In your own words and experience:

RandomTask said:

Last edited:

RandomTask

Banned
50 BMG said:
Orr89-

I missed that #2 cylinder thing. If it's true thats retarded cause the guy who owns that C6Z supposedly owns quite a few fast cars w/spray (I know he owns the Ford GT from RSW as well). I don't see how they could have f*cked up an install (and a high end one at that) on what is basically the same thing as an LS1/2/6 etc. nitrous install.

Stating the facts does not make someone a fanboy. If you don't want accept the facts cause a bunch of other screennames (i.e. the real fanboy's) say so...w/e. Nevermind I won't even bother...

In your own words and experience:

omg..... :bash:

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
I missed that #2 cylinder thing. If it's true thats retarded cause the guy who owns that C6Z supposedly owns quite a few fast cars w/spray (I know he owns the Ford GT from RSW as well). I don't see how they could have f*cked up an install (and a high end one at that) on what is basically the same thing as an LS1/2/6 etc. nitrous install. Oh well...

yeah thts the rumors that were floating around on RSW and N2Speed. basically the nozzle was placed after the throttle body and was aligned so that it was spraying towards that cylinder....

when they ripped apart the block, thats what they found, was a melted #2 piston. it was so bad the block was shipped out to be resleeved and all that. the shop i guess wasnt the best shop or something... but i'm sure they had nitrous installs on cars before... maybe not throttlebody nozzle types but thats what most are i thought... oh well

hopefully he'll get it redone so we can see how fast those cars can be with spray

oojoe24oo

Established Member
The major factor between the cars is weight.....The z06 should weigh around 5-550 pounds less than the Cobra. On top of things, the Z is geared very well for its power so dont expect it light up the tires too bad...Generally speaking an n/a 7 liter will also have a better powerband....

Users who are viewing this thread