gas pedal mod is good! Two thumbs up!

pge27

Comp Orange GT
Established Member
Do you guys think that this mod will take up the slack in my throttle cable. After I swapped out the TB, I gained A LOT of slack!!!

pge27 said:
Do you guys think that this mod will take up the slack in my throttle cable. After I swapped out the TB, I gained A LOT of slack!!!

Hell yea. Just measure how much you need by starting with a conservative sized peice and you'll get it right.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Hey guys....ummmm....i wouldnt recommend using rubber. It deforms a HELL of a lot easier/quicker then nylon. JMO though :shrug:

Boss75

Shoot first
Established Member
2001 Blue Snake said:
Considering how much lower the gas is than the brake (stock), heel-toe is a pain in the ass in these cars. Does this really help that much?

Sure does. You can adjust it just perfectly so the two pedals line up. Just remember its lots easier if you remove the cable from the throttle body first.

K2AHollywood

Established Member
just got done doing this, what a bitch but way awesome. Im going to have to learn how to drive again because I was at 2k before my clutch even got out lol way better response without the slop

K2AHollywood

Established Member
like many people have said, the spacers are harder on the button end of the throttle cable so stick with the hose. plus its a bagillion times easier since you can cut the hose straight down the side

Predatorbird

Established Member
i just did this mod today. i used windshirld washer hose, which is real small hose. it was actually so small that i wasn't able to use the clamps i got. i didn't have any zip-ties laying around so i just used electrical tape for now. i'm going to buy some zip-ties and redo it tomorrow.

i was able to do this w/o disconnecting the tb cable. i could of had this done in 10 min if i didn't run into any trouble w/ the clamps.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
how is the nylon spacer any harder on the botton end of the cable than the metal on the gas pedal? I cut mine with my dremel, no problem at all. I think the hose is the way to go though, easier to get to the exact length you want. I had to do it a couple times to get the right length. The band clamp should provide enough stiffness to the hose to keep it from squishing down.

Users who are viewing this thread