gas pedal mod is good! Two thumbs up!

Silversides

Be careful of this setup. I may have big feet, but I could not use maximum brake pressure without hitting the throttle (on-track event). I had to remove it

ROADFOOLSRIDE

Local Pavement Ripper
Established Member
Silversides said:
Be careful of this setup. I may have big feet, but I could not use maximum brake pressure without hitting the throttle (on-track event). I had to remove it

I've had this problem with it stock. On the weather side note, it snowed here tonight.

I have to debunk this mod as a power difference maker fellas. I had a buddy of mine step on the gas pedal to the floor while the car was off. With the intake off my T/B was open all the way.

tparrott2 said:
01cobravortech......open all the way w/mod...or open all the way w/o mod.....??????????

Open all the way without the mod. Thatw as with the motor off, intake off and gas pedal down all the way to the floor. Thats what I observed.

BlueVenom01

Established Member
+1

I agree it doesn't make a power difference per se, but it does make the car more responsive at the throttle. Which, by the SOTP meter, is a power difference in its own right. When I did this to my 99 GT all I could say was "Ohhh shit, this kicks ass!!"

I will be doing the same on the Cobra now and with the jump in HP over the GT, it should be even more responsive:burnout: I guess I didn't think about it being done on the Cobras before. I found that mod on mustangworld when I had the GT....

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
i really need to do this since i'm starting over stock again...annnnd the speed-sensitive volume mod, among other things...

006 said:
I innovated a better way to do it:

1-1.5 inch hose ($1-2), or free if you have some laying around.
gaspedalmod01.jpg

Slice the hose down the side...and slip it over the cable.
gaspedalmod02.jpg

Completed product. Using this hose makes it a softer cushion for the cable-stop and reduces risk of beaking off the end of the cable as with other kinds of harsh spacer-mods.
gaspedalmod03.jpg

Aright, I'm trying this anyway after seeing your pics. Question regarding the images of this mod that you show. When you place the sliced rubber over the cable is the gas pedal supposed to be relaxed or am I pushing down on it before I tighten the clamp? And after looking at mustangworld's write up. If I'm doing it your way do I also have to relax the cable? I'm more of a visual person than analytical, but if you can clarify that it would be great my friend :beer:

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
01cobravortech said:
Aright, I'm trying this anyway after seeing your pics. Question regarding the images of this mod that you show. When you place the sliced rubber over the cable is the gas pedal supposed to be relaxed or am I pushing down on it before I tighten the clamp? And after looking at mustangworld's write up. If I'm doing it your way do I also have to relax the cable? I'm more of a visual person than analytical, but if you can clarify that it would be great my friend :beer:

There will already be 1-2 inches of slack on the cable. Just grab the end of the cable and you'll see what I mean.

006 said:
There will already be 1-2 inches of slack on the cable. Just grab the end of the cable and you'll see what I mean.

Is this fuel line hose that you used? And the how the heck do you get your hand in such a tight area?

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Nope, just regular rubber hose found at your local Autozone or pep-boys.

I took the photo while my dashboard was out..when I did my V6 to Cobra swap. (Click on swap # 1 pics in sig)

Bullitt66 said:
the hand? ill say the camera!!!

I was under the dash last night trying to take a look at the top of the pedal and I'm telling bro, doing this mod ain't that easy. I'm not even sure if I'm going to have enough room to work.

006, one last question. Before putting on the hose, am I supposed to pull the gas pedal upwards to increase the amount of space that the rubber is going to cover the cable? I guess what I'm getting at is how long a piece of rubber I should be cutting?

coreseller

Established Member
01cobravortech said:
I was under the dash last night trying to take a look at the top of the pedal and I'm telling bro, doing this mod ain't that easy. I'm not even sure if I'm going to have enough room to work.

006, one last question. Before putting on the hose, am I supposed to pull the gas pedal upwards to increase the amount of space that the rubber is going to cover the cable? I guess what I'm getting at is how long a piece of rubber I should be cutting?

I had to have the wife get in there to tighten the clamps :mj: , there was no way I could lay down on the floor, squeeze my shoulders together and get both arms up there.

Users who are viewing this thread