gas pedal mod is good! Two thumbs up!

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
Tonite I went to lowes and go some nylon spacers to do the gas pedal mod mentioned earlier this week. Nice mod; really brings the gas pedal up so its more even w/ the brake. I don't slide into the side of the brake now. I took the car for a little test drive OMG!!! it must have been the night air cause this thing flies. I usually don't drive the stang at night and this is really the first cool time i've driven in a long time. Winter does hold something to look forward too... MORE P0WR!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :banana:

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
+1 for good air!!! October rocks for that special blend of 60*, low humidity, high barometric pressure air that just kicks an n/a car in the pants!:pepper: :banana:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Or you guys could head to South Florida where it is still 88°.:cuss:

I've been meaning to do this mod for years. I probably should do it.

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
I innovated a better way to do it:

1-1.5 inch hose ($1-2), or free if you have some laying around.
gaspedalmod01.jpg

Slice the hose down the side...and slip it over the cable.
gaspedalmod02.jpg

Completed product. Using this hose makes it a softer cushion for the cable-stop and reduces risk of beaking off the end of the cable as with other kinds of harsh spacer-mods.
gaspedalmod03.jpg

Last edited:

UCBeau

kinda funny but i was installing my FRPP/Bullitt pedals a few months ago and noticed my cobra had the gas pedal mod done already. that got me thinking, what exactly did the previous owner do to this car? sadly, i have no idea who it was

1999WhiteSVT

STLMustangs.com
Established Member
i know what you mean. when we were installing my CAI my buddy said it looked like the pervious owner may have had one on it, due to certain wires already being moved from their stock location

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Man i took my car out one OCT night in Maine....Temp was 37F HOLY CRAP WAS IT FUN

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
if you go nylon the size is 3/8" ID, 1" long

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
i've had this mod for ages. I damn near stalled a cobra without it cause I was so used to the pedal being further out and not having all that slack.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Double"O" said:
Man i took my car out one OCT night in Maine....Temp was 37F HOLY CRAP WAS IT FUN

Hey its supposed to be high of 82 Sunday with a low of the low 60's.

I can't wait.

NB99COBRA

shut em down open up shop
Established Member
Hehe...it's going to be 2C (36F) tonight...there was frost on my truck when I came to work this morning....ZZOOOOMMM

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
I am doing that tomarow. On the other note. I couldn't get traction at WOT to save my life today. Granted Im running BFG DR's but I know they were warm.

Nitrous SSC

Established Member
Holy crap I can heel/toe now!!!!!!

Also my TB wasn't opening all the way. The car runs much better. I used 3 large grade zip ties and it took out all the slack. I can't believe how much slack there was!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread