gas pedal mod is good! Two thumbs up!

Predatorbird

Established Member
i just fixed mine. took me literally 10 min to take off the old piece and put on a new one. i used 3 tip-ties, one on each end and one in the middle to keep the rubber from flexing.

i did a wot run yesterday on my way to work and it might just be a mental, but i felt like the car opened up more and pulled a little harder.

Last edited:

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
I felt like mine had better response too. Pull the seat and undo the throttle cable under the hood and it is vastly easier.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
Just modded and took a drive! I like the pedal placement a lot better, but there's no power or better throttle response in my particular case.

edswhite99

Established Member
This sounds too good not to try. I'm just not looking forward to cramming myself under there.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
This sounds too good not to try. I'm just not looking forward to cramming myself under there.

as stated above, if you are a big guy (like me), just four nuts and a couple plugs, and the drivers seat comes out...and gives LOTS of room to get under the dash...

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
Just did mine tonight with rubber hose and three zip ties... What a difference. I just had a friend hold the cable under the hood with a pair of pliers to keep it from moving on me. We'll see how it works out tomorrow but it feels alot better

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
Still yet to do this...I can't find that ****ing hose anywhere. Home Depot was a no go, or their help just sucked.

Just find any type of hose or similar piece sitting around the garage. I used an old piece of hard brake line that I had sitting around, 2 minutes with a dremel and I was done. I put the brake line on didn't even waste time with a clamp, I used a ziptie and electrical tape to cover and called it a day.

Jason

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
I found some hose that seemed like it would work, but they just don't seem rigid enough to take my foot at WOT.

Last edited:

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Any emissions hose at Autozone, pep-boys or Kragen will do.

They have a hose section in the store with hoses wrapped in a roll that you can cut out what you need with the supplied shears.

They sell them at $1.00/foot...and you only need 1-1.5 inch.

yeller1

Established Member
I have to debunk this mod as a power difference maker fellas. I had a buddy of mine step on the gas pedal to the floor while the car was off. With the intake off my T/B was open all the way.
I agree, probably 99% will not change. 1% might have some excess play that would see maybe some benefit. You don't need much slack for the tb to open a bit. I would think the real benefit is not bumping the brake pedal. Just an opinion...:)

Users who are viewing this thread