FRPS finally got me...

03cobraracer

Established Member
Went to the store today to get some stuff after the gym, figured I would take the car out for a ride... Well come out of the store and car won't start. Cranking but won't fire. Check a few things then check for codes with my xcal and had a P0193 for fuel rail circuit. So I checked the FRPS and sure enough gas is coming from it. Luckily I was next to a o'riellys auto parts and they actually had the sensor in stock. $100 later out the door with military discount I was fixing my car in the 95 degree heat. It was flooded pretty bad so it took a few to get it running but form it goin and drove it home. Now I just gotta do a oil change and I'll be good. That was the original FRPS on my car from 2003 to lol. Suprised it lasted that long. What a way to start the holiday... Lol

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Happened to me after racing someone. Car shut off doing triple digits. Had to push it into a parking lot. Tried jumping it, switching batteries etc and couldn't get it running. After like two hours it somehow finally started and was dumping fuel out the back. Drove it home and parked it. It sat for about a week before I finally bought a frps and replaced it. Started right up, idling rough and cleaned itself out.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I always keep a spare in the car. I've helped out a few fellow mustang owners at Mustang Week over the years with them.

WHITESTRIPES

Established Member
I agree with Tractionless1, I'd definitely get the KB FRPP disk. I bought one after blowing two sensors and haven't had a problem since.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Is there any downsides to the KB Disk? Now that I'm running GT pumps and BAP I've been thinking of getting one. No problem yet, but if $20 can save me $100 I might as well. Just curious if there's any disadvantages, slower response in changes etc.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Seems that ordering from D'Agostino Racing is easier and I can't imagine the price being much less through Kenne Bell. The D'Agostino Racing price is $17.95 with free shipping. The part isn't shown on their website, and getting through to Kenne Bell on the phone isn't easy.

Tractionless1

Established Member
Seems that ordering from D'Agostino Racing is easier and I can't imagine the price being much less through Kenne Bell. The D'Agostino Racing price is $17.95 with free shipping. The part isn't shown on their website, and getting through to Kenne Bell on the phone isn't easy.

I've ordered 2 direct, never had a problem. I hear of great difficulties with D'Agostino.

mr. b_98GT

Established Member
I've ordered 2 direct, never had a problem. I hear of great difficulties with D'Agostino.

I ordered one a few months ago from D'Agostino, and it came in the mail just fine. I didn't have to call them or check on the order. I've read about the horror stories with them after I ordered the KB Disc, and I can't comment on any of that 'cos I've only ordered once from them. From reading about them, it sounded like they are under new management or new owners, so maybe things have gotten better with them. No clue though; all I know is I wanted to get one of these KB FRP Discs, and they were the only ones I could find on-line that with just a few clicks, I could have one on it's way to me. I thought of trying to call Kenne Bell, but it just seemed easier to order it from D'Agostino.

Users who are viewing this thread