FRPP ProCal installed: Impressions

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
If i didn't care about my warranty, i would just get a Blow By Racing or Steeda dyno tune being they're both about 20 minutes away from where i live. But no tune by itself is gonna turn these cars into 11 second runners so for my needs right now, i think that extra peace of mind of the warranty going with the FRPP tune and getting rid of this stupid throttle lag is worth it over the other guys...despite how superior their tunes may be. My next real step after saving a few will actually be getting a supercharger kit and then for sure, the car will be a monster! And many are available with a supplemental 5 -year 60,000 mile warranty as well. The ProCal tune can be purchased online for $289.00 which is well worth it to make my car fell like the V8 that it is!

lol, there are plenty of cars that are just intake/tune/exhaust that are running 11s. and if your going to put a blower on the car than why would you even care about warranty?

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
If i didn't care about my warranty, i would just get a Blow By Racing or Steeda dyno tune being they're both about 20 minutes away from where i live. But no tune by itself is gonna turn these cars into 11 second runners so for my needs right now, i think that extra peace of mind of the warranty going with the FRPP tune and getting rid of this stupid throttle lag is worth it over the other guys...despite how superior their tunes may be. My next real step after saving a few will actually be getting a supercharger kit and then for sure, the car will be a monster! And many are available with a supplemental 5 -year 60,000 mile warranty as well. The ProCal tune can be purchased online for $289.00 which is well worth it to make my car fell like the V8 that it is!

Really? Hmmm. I am running 11.7s with little more than a tune and a pair of slicks.

Mike

Last edited:

BlackDragon

Because Race Car...
Established Member
Really? Hmmm. I am running 11.7s with little more than a tune and a pair of slicks.

Mike

LMFAO Mike, a "little" more than a tune and slicks???

What was it last time I checked? intake, exhaust, tune, control arms, springs, shocks, and big and littles? All spec'd for drag racing...

Hmmmm...

JAMclutch

Established Member
lol, there are plenty of cars that are just intake/tune/exhaust that are running 11s. and if your going to put a blower on the car than why would you even care about warranty?
The blower is not gonna happen anytime soon and there are kits that will keep your warranty when combined with a ProCal tune from FRPP. Look...this thread is about the ProCal impressions. I think the main concern with people wanting the FRPP tune is the peace of mind that comes with the warranty while getting a little more outa their Stangs.

Mike
I saw your vids...great run at 11.79! I know these cars are in the 11s with stuff like, exhaust systems, intakes, tunes, slicks, shifters, etc..the list goes on. Id like to see what the FRPP tune could do with slicks, exhaust, etc. I know the ProCal is no competition for an AED, Steeda, Bama, Lund, BBR, etc and with the ProCal tune, i know you can't set and change as many parameters as the others but id still be curious to see. I think for anyone seriously interested in the FRPP tune, it comes down to warranty and getting a little more outa the car..And in my case...its for now until i can put a blower on it in the future(if i keep it that long)

JAMclutch

Established Member
Thats great to know that the ProCal tune can run with the big boys!:rockon:
Very impressive and thanks for sharing that video! Thats exactly what i was looking for! I bet its nice to know you have a warranty still? Great run!
Id like to see an all FRPP Stang including the ProCal tune, adjustable suspension, SVT Sport Axel Backs, FRPP X-pipe, etc.,and see how the car does with a drag set up and then an autocross set up. Im sure with some tweaking, it would be pretty formidable in either instance. I think it would do Ford and FRPP a great justice to work on a marketing campaign in which they can show off the abilities of their products by displaying them in real time in real world settings. I bet they'd sell a lot more products and kits if there was documented proof like 1 srt4 U has shown and not just hearsay! After all, Ford is HUGE in the motorsports world as has been forever!

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Id like to see what the FRPP tune could do with slicks, exhaust, etc

I haven't run slicks yet, but on my 19" 245's, I ran a 12.44 with a 2.0 60ft. This was not in some ultra negative DA day, and felt that with slicks that day would have been able to get really close to 11's. My car has the Procal w/ K&N, and GT500 axleback.

JAMclutch

Established Member
I haven't run slicks yet, but on my 19" 245's, I ran a 12.44 with a 2.0 60ft. This was not in some ultra negative DA day, and felt that with slicks that day would have been able to get really close to 11's. My car has the Procal w/ K&N, and GT500 axleback.
Very impressive! I can't wait to get the tune! Im calling FRPP tomorrow to see if they have the 2013 tunes yet! I already have the K&N, I'm getting axel backs, maybe the FRPP x-pipe and with the tune and a set of drag radials, ill hope to be in the mid to low 12s! This a a Track Pack car so I'm also curious to see how it performs around a track! I have a feeling it'll be a great help with exiting out of corners having some extra torque to play with. But once again...very impressive to have ran a 12.44! :burnout:

Last edited:

1 srt4 U

Established Member
If they sponsor me I'll make this damn car do mid 11's lol. That track is a mediocre track compared to those others run on. Pretty happy with my setup and retaining warranty. Thanks for the compliments!

AAG

Established Member
The ProCal tune can be purchased online for $289.00 which is well worth it to make my car fell like the V8 that it is!

Where? I can only find it for mid $300s.

Does anyone know if you have to use the k&n filter with it? Im not too fond of them because of the oiling and more dirt it allows through.

drewzx3

Established Member
Where? I can only find it for mid $300s.

Does anyone know if you have to use the k&n filter with it? Im not too fond of them because of the oiling and more dirt it allows through.

Buyfordracing.com is where I got mine for 289 I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread