frist demon in the 9's

blk02edge

Established Member
I haven’t looked into it tbh. I’d be surprised if they’re available at retailers already, they were specifically designed for the car
Im curious, ill bet the price is pretty damn high. Id probably shelf them too and run something else simply to preserve them.

Troponin

Established Member
I had 555Rs on my daily driven Hellcat. Had absolutely no issues. I live in Texas, so not much to worry about with snow. These Demons are most likely being driven as sunny day cars, in which case, DRs really aren’t bad at all.

Oh, and I knew I was driving a 4600lb grocery getter. It was never made for handling, only comfort and going fast in a straight line. People aren’t buying these kinds of muscle cars and expecting record Nürburgring times.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Wonder why he hates the nittos....
I dont think he hates them, he just knows they arent the best drag radial available. So he went with the R’s. Cant say i blame him.

Im curious, ill bet the price is pretty damn high. Id probably shelf them too and run something else simply to preserve them.

I think that is also the case. To preserve them. He was adamant about not making a single pass on them.

Zemedici

Established Member
But did he test them? I’m just saying how’s he know they suck if he didn’t use them? Hahaa

Brutal Metal

Established Member

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Allow me to set this shit straight. This is the same 9 second Demon that was posted in the other thread.

Car is indeed running mt r’s. He’s also got two more pairs of different sizes to test. He’s a hardcore drag racer and said screw the nittos without even trying them.

The nittos did a 1.36 60ft on Dodges 9.65 pass. Thats with perfect track prep and -2000 da.

It wasn’t that cold for this pass. Owner stated da was 500.

He did footbrake it. Apparently the trans brake has no 2 step so you have to manually hold the rpm’s steady. Its a pita.

Running a different drag radial does not negate how badass the car is. That’s splitting **** hairs.

Post where he mentions the drag radials.

View attachment 1462998

I guess this post from the car owner clears up what tires are on this Demon! Clowns doubting Brutal Metal!

Brutal Metal

Established Member
You still sound ridiculous downplaying the 9 sec pass bc it’s running a DIFFERENT drag radial...
It's impressive on a car that weight BUT there's 2.3 TVS Coyote's with stock drivetrains running A Lot faster. This is a Ford sight I'll bash all other models it's my nature..

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
It's amazing how much lap times have came to be so "important" in this hp war talk. Before no one cared about cornering, most drag racers still don't, but any of these cars that handle well are going to be more than the average racer will need on the street. What I think is impressive is how far technology has came(tire tech, car tech, etc) that allows these cars that actually handle good still perform on the drag strip. The Viper, Corvette, ZL1, GT350, etc all handle extremely well and still can rip at the track. I've never drove any of the cars mentioned above, but I'd be willing to say that even a Hellcat still handles good enough to be more than fun on a spirited drive on a good back road. All this splitting hair stuff is getting quite old imo, most of the people worrying about lap times don't even track their cars. Drag racing is way more readily available to the lot of us, but even though the challenger is a boat, I'd say they handle well enough to have fun. Maybe I'm used to the old school days when people used 4 cylinder springs in the front and other crap that would make a car handle pretty terrible just to cut a 60' time that these cars that handle "good" can still cut. I'm a Ford guy, that's why I'm on this site and not others, but most of all I'm a "Car" guy so all these cars the manufactures are throwing out are unreal impressive. Pick your poison boys and have fun, no sense in trying to take something away because xxx car went half a second faster on xxx track. The Demon isn't something I personally would be interested in but from the review videos I've seen they still have a lot of nice tech features and look like they would be more than comfortable to drive on the street so I don't understand the hate? If you like the more nimble feel, buy one of the better handling cars and add some power so you get the best of both worlds. I know that adding a bunch of power to a great handling factory setup can really throw a wrench in the overall feel but if you can buy any of the above cars, throw some mods and well run into the 10's and then throw your street tire setup on and go have fun out in the real world. Some people are hard to please, I guess that's why I just have a lowly fox. Lol :(

onefastmf

Established Member
Not sure if I seen this posted before on svt before but they went mother f@&$ing crazy with the track prep to get those numbers. From what he says if doesn’t seem like those track conditions are ever normally duplicated.

Users who are viewing this thread