frist demon in the 9's

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
lol ok well shit 1.42 is still pretty dam impressive geeez that thing was like a dam slingshot for sure.

Dodge did a hellova job and highly doubt this will be the only year we see the Demon more like the beginning of a car dynasty.

Hopefully Ford steps up cause I bet Chevy does next year with something similar. and its just way more practical. ppl say its a one-purpose car but the fact is the one purpose ppl will be using it for is the same purpose I bought my Mustang for and thats to go Straight Fast Period....!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
This guy posts on another forum. Had a 1.2 60ft. He didn’t even use a few of the drag features on that run and said he will continue working at it and use those features as time goes on.

There seems to be a good amount of potential left in it.
Killer.
Was he running skinnies in this video?

Coiled03

Established Member
I like these Demons and I cannot lie,
But there's no chance I'd be allowed to buy

I feel like there's a haiku in there, somewhere.

I’m sorry, wasn’t there a bunch of doubt with this car?

And it’s ****ing February, you know, ideal racing weather....

@GotHemi? you seen this buddy?

In terms of making power, February is about as ideal as it gets, especially for a FI car. Cold air = moar powah!!

Zemedici

Established Member

In terms of making power, February is about as ideal as it gets, especially for a FI car. Cold air = moar powah!!

There’s a good cold and a bad cold.

It’s still bad cold.

Zemedici

Established Member
LOL! If you say so. Chemistry doesn't give a shit about what month it is. Once the engine is warmed up, it won't care.

Not referring to the engine....referring to cold asphalt and cold tires.

Cold air = lower IAT = more power = harder to hook

Coiled03

Established Member
Not referring to the engine....referring to cold asphalt and cold tires.

Cold air = lower IAT = more power = harder to hook

Oh, yeah. I agree with that. That's why I said, "in terms of making power". We're on the same page, now.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Damn impressive. From what I understand he didn't even use the trans brake due to traction issues. That was foot braking it.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member

But no traction. I backed out of a race because of cold temps. I am asked to drive a grudge match from time to time. Cold concrete is not fun. Neither is crashing someone else's car.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
It was running the skinnies.

Demon is the KING of muscle.

Insane that a factory car can run 9s out of the showroom floor like that.
It is damn impressive. It is easier coming with slicks and skinnies from the factory.

I still want to see what it can do with normal tires(the ones safe to drive on the street) though? 10.0x possible?

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
It is damn impressive. It is easier coming with slicks and skinnies from the factory.

I still want to see what it can do with normal tires(the ones safe to drive on the street) though? 10.0x possible?
I bet it can still hit a high 9. Just need a few tune adjustments to match the weather, altitude, etc.

The front tires do add a little weight, but the rolling resistance is the enemy. Float the front tires as much as possible and the car should still move.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Its not slicks. Car is on a regular ol’ drag radial. It does have skinnies up front but Im sure the car can still hit 9s with regular size tires (non skinnies) up front.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I bet it can still hit a high 9. Just need a few tune adjustments to match the weather, altitude, etc.

The front tires do add a little weight, but the rolling resistance is the enemy. Float the front tires as much as possible and the car should still move.

I’m speaking of oem stock with normal size street tires such as the cup 2 tires. Can it run 10 flat in normal street mode?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Its not slicks. Car is on a regular ol’ drag radial. It does have skinnies up front but Im sure the car can still hit 9s with regular size tires (non skinnies) up front.
Let's clear something up the car was NOT on the rear tires it was delivered with! That car WILL NOT cut a 1.4 60 with Nittos!
Dodge claims a 9.65 with those said tires when it can only muster a 9.97 with M/T's! Impressive? I guess....

Users who are viewing this thread