Former MM.net Users

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
Politicing weather your a Dem, R or liberal sux on a car site.

I hate it when a post is designed to spin in a certian political direction. As if it will change my personal point of view....

David Morton

Established Member
BruteForce said:
werd :rockon:
I agree wholeheartedly guys.

Problem is it happens. Do a search on that forum and you'll see I've never started a political thread there, not even disguised as "welcome to Florida" or even included such references to some political figures' honesty in discussion about the car.

I don't mind now that I know Logan wants his view of politics repeatedly thrown out there and will censor opposing views. It's his house man. I won't answer an invitation to another mans' place and then demand my "rights", I don't have any. I'll just go somewhere else because I don't want to be there under those circumstances.

I'm not too mad. I'll just say this. Logan has no honor because he made rules for political discussion and has allowed one of his administrators to twist them around in order to censor an opposing political view. A political view was expressed by dwasson, in a stealthy way and I rebutted his comment, well within the rules. Mercman deleted it as "off topic" (BS), I then rebutted another political comment, again well within the rules, and Mercman banned me.

So Logans' principles are, to say the least, flexible. And in my book you might as well say the man doesn't really have any, because if his priciples are flexible, then they aren't really principles.

Logan

Established Member
David,

First, I wasn't the one who moderated you, never even saw you post.

Second, Political threads tend to be powderkegs, we moderate them when they get out of hand.

Third, I'm Canadian, not American. I've very little interest or knowledge in the American political establishment. If anything, I'd have to call myself a New Democrat if anything, but you probably wouldn't know what the party stands for as it's a Canadian party.

Assessing my level of honor based on the consequences of someone elses actions reacting to your political rhetoric, well, I don't get the connection.

Finally, your account was temporarily (5 days I think) closed, not because of your posts, because you chose to get into it with the moderator and his decisions, they're really not negotiable.

Your entire reaction and opinions of me are fundamentally formed by the actions of others, without you ever directly interacting or even attempting to speak with me.

My email address is really easy, [email protected]. Had you of asked, I would've immediately released your account explaining that the issue is more one of, "Hey, I know you're entitled to your view, but when a moderator says no, don't argue, just move on." So long as you're good with that, no problem.

I'm really remarkably easy to get along with and don't deserve the attack. Just looks like you were pissed because of the action of a moderator. If so, accept my apologies. We're all just doing the best we know how given the amount of time we have to do it, which is never enough to spend the amount of time it deserves...

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Logan said:
This is pretty tame.

Agreed! Sid was nice enough to ask you guys what changes you'd like to see to make this forum better for you guys and the site, and you guys turn it into a pissing contest - flame fest.

That is very LAME! :bored:

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
Agreed! Sid was nice enough to ask you guys what changes you'd like to see to make this forum better for you guys and the site, and you guys turn it into a pissing contest - flame fest.

That is very LAME! :bored:

All I see is a couple of guys working through their differences. You want to know what would make this site more Marauder-friendly, right? Start by not holding us to a higher standard than you do most of your posters-18 year old punks who still live at home with mommy and daddy.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
tallboy said:
Start by not holding us to a higher standard than you do most of your posters-18 year old punks who still live at home with mommy and daddy.

Where was that done? :shrug:

"All I see is a couple of guys working through their differences."

It could/should have been done in a new thread. :poke:

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
Rider90 said:
And what are there? A handful of 18 Year-Old punks at MM.NET. Darn punks :rockon:

Rider, although your an 18 year old punk I still like you. :rolling:

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
tmac1337 said:
Rider, although your an 18 year old punk I still like you. :rolling:
I know thjat was a joke on your part, but all kidding around aside, someone can be 18 yrs old (or 19) w/out being a punk. I've met 18 yr old punks as well as some 50 yr old punks too. There are some punks on this board, as well as some real cool guys (both young and old).

BigMerc

No one's buddy
Established Member
Tmac Quote "Yes it was a joke, Rider and I are old friends"

where? from prison? :loser:

David Morton

Established Member
Logan, thank you for your explanation here. I was pissed at you and apologize for my rude comments. Anger always clouds judgement. :bowdown:

I'm one of those people that expects that anybody who delegates authority to another person to act on his behalf should realise he is ultimately taking resposibility for that persons' actions taken on his behalf. So if you think my opinion of you was formed by another, blame Mercman. He was your choice to moderate, not mine. I'm supposing you can see that's where I was coming from, since you've offered an apology which I accept. No hard feelings? I hope not. I suggest you might consider requiring your moderators to show some documentation for their reason for banning somebody, since it is a drastic measure, and has resulted in this very situation we find ourselves in now. This would let the moderators know they have to apply your principles to a decision to ban somebody and not their own principles and just say they were using yours.

LightningLarry, you get it man! I take back what I said earlier about keeping this stuff off the site. I think the way you have provided a place for this type of political discussion at the smack down cafe is wise indeed. Trying to keep all politics off a car site these days is like trying to keep bird shit out of an uncovered pool. So many tiny pieces constantly being added, ad infinitum. Too much work! You've got the right idea here and I have no complaints. :thumbsup:

I know it looks like I deliberately used a stealthy method to insert political commentary on this thread. It was not my intention even if it was the result, and for that I apologize. My intention was to use the example of what happened to me over there to make a point about what I think isn't working for their benefit, and could be avoided here to make this a better site, more friendly to us Marauder owners and more profitable for the vendors.

Finally I'd like to add that Logan has unblocked me from his site, in spite of my ranting here. Logan, you've got big shoulders man, broader than mine.

I thank you Logan.

David Morton

Established Member
MENACE said:
By over there do you mean at MercuryMarauder(thetruthhurts).net? :kaboom:
This is what some of you guys think you have. An exclusive forum for the car and your brand of political truth.

But you don't read well or you would have seen that Logan says he is not with any brand of american political "truth" at all. He doesn't want yours or mine.

Go over there and start a politics thread now, BUD. You may find out it's MercuryMarauder(takeyourpoliticselsewhere).net :poke:

There's a place for politics here and it's at the smack down cafe. I'll see you there, if you got the nerve.

Users who are viewing this thread