Former MM.net Users

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
It's making me dizzy, but Billy has made some good points. You cannot bash a vendor on a site he is supporting or that site will no longer have vendors and be out of business. In the case Billy refers to, another unassociated site like this one to make factual statements will do. The reason the TAR site exists at all is for the same reason. It is a compilation site to air greivances by those who cannot air them in other places. I bet the crownvic site is the same as mm.net. MM.net is not the place however, I learned that lesson.

The best point that I read was that most people do not know dittles about performance cars and will buy just about anything if not properly informed by others more knowledgeable. That makes them succeptible to untoward business practices. I myself was in that category for awhile, and still am depending on the discussion.

Smokie

Established Member
Billy I don't dismiss what you are saying, and I agree that some gullible owners purchased things that they did not need, I also would like to point out that some vendors sell a single product, end of story. You either want that product or you don't.

Some vendors provide a multitude of products and services, there is experimenting going on, some products offered are a good bang for the buck, others are not. Owners with car experience can rely on their own judgement about the worth of a product being offered.

As you correctly stated some owners will buy anything that vendor X offers just because they trust him, regardless of the real worth of the product, it is natural for us to want to believe what a "trusted" vendor tell us will work.

A vendor that abuses that "trust" should be exposed by the "person involved only", the abused party should exhaust every reasonable course to get satisfaction from vendor in question, when that fails: exposed the FACTS, accurately and without exaggeration.

You may feel that I am defending a wrongdoer; I am not, I simply want to hear the facts clearly expressed by the injured party, not by a friend of a friend of a third cousin twice removed....:-D

DJP

Established Member
From what I have seen on various boards, a vendor has his own distinct forum seperate from the public/member forums. Obviously, this is where the vendor sells his wares, and members can enter to purchase and ask questions specific to the vendor's products and services. And perhaps even ask general questions, that when answered, is much appreciated.

In my mind, when a vendor chooses to exit his forum and continously post on the member forums, he loses his status, and in essence becomes a member who is subject to praise.......and ridicule.

With that being said, a site needs to protect it's vendors from frivilous crap as long as the vendor does not repeatedly wander onto the member forum and post. But more importantely, a site needs to protect it's membership from a vendor who has publically aquired a bad repuation. To do otherwise would be a disservice to the members.

Most of us know about Dennis an the T-Bird controversy. I've read Dennis' explanation and it's fair to state that every story has two sides. Hiring lawyers probably exasperated the situation. I mean, a rational consumer knows to deal with the vendor if there is a problem first, before bringing in a 3rd party, without being told to do so. It would be prudent for vendors to do the same, eh?

Everybody deserves a second chance. But unfortunately, after the T-Bird thing and as GMAN stated, the pattern continued. I know this as a fact, personally. I drove 3,000 miles round trip to have Dennis work on my car based on the one-sided posts that I had read back in late 2003. Had I known about the T-Bird thing, I would'nt have made the trip. I ended up with a car I was not happy with. I was pretty tame with my first post about Dennis and excluded other shit that I experienced with him. My car has been corrected and that's all that matters to me. I would not recommend him, and that is only my opinion.

For those that support him, fine. Just don't cry about it.

DJP

Established Member
Smokie, by no means was my last comment intended for you. I know you support Dennis and that's cool as I've interpretated your previous comments to be open minded.

Last edited:

Smokie

Established Member
DJP said:
...Everybody deserves a second chance. But unfortunately, after the T-Bird thing and as GMAN stated, the pattern continued. I know this as a fact, personally. I drove 3,000 miles round trip to have Dennis work on my car based on the one-sided posts that I had read back in late 2003. Had I known about the T-Bird thing, I would'nt have made the trip. I ended up with a car I was not happy with. I was pretty tame with my first post about Dennis and excluded other shit that I experienced with him. My car has been corrected and that's all that matters to me. I would not recommend him, and that is only my opinion.

For those that support him, fine. Just don't cry about it.

DJP...We are good; friend, any time that a member has had a bad experience and he tells his own story the way it happened, I respect that. I don't have blind loyalties to any vendor, and I understand that because I have been treated right, that is not the case with every customer.

The truth should come out, so that we can make better decisions with our hard earned money. I believe that the better informed we are as buyers the less likely we will get ripped off. I also believe that a vendor that has a desire to REMAIN in business will try harder to clear up misundertandings and problems....a vendor that makes it a practice to cheat his customers will go out of business....or at least I hope so. :)

dougwg

Established Member
DJP said:
snip... But more importantely, a site needs to protect it's membership from a vendor who has publically aquired a bad repuation. To do otherwise would be a disservice to the members....snip

I agree 100%

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Okay then Smokey. I understand what you're saying. I can post something that happened to me which involed an attempt to lie to me as well as plain old pushy salesman tactics, but #1. I just posted that a few days ago on the Marauder "Darkside" board before it was shut down for good, and #2. My breif story isn't nearly as dramatic as some of his other former customers' stories that I'm aware of are. Most of which go untold through the internet, because those board members in question are afraid of being banned. And they don't want to be banned because of one lousy vendor since atleast most of the other vendors are very good, as well as many of the fellow board members are of great help too. So I guess that's all we can say about this sub-topic for now. It's been interesting as well as thought provoking to hear others viewpoints on this. Now back to our regularly schedueled program. :-D

Smokie

Established Member
BillyGman said:
Okay then Smokie. I understand what you're saying. I can post something that happened to me .... :-D

That's what I mean exactly, what happened to you, I want to hear from you. Nobody has the right to prevent you from stating the facts in any forum.

I don't want any member to be lied to or cheated by any vendor, I think that so much has been brought to light...or the dark...if you prefer :-D that it would be a very foolish decision for any vendor to exploit a customer when there is such a great amount of focus being placed on this subject....get my drift???

All this attention can serve the common good, a vendors rep. is only as good as his last customers keyboard strokes. :)

Tallboy

Say "When"...
Established Member
Petrograde said:
Hey guys,.. I haven't posted here in a while. It looks like I may be spending more time here. :D

It's good to see you over, Petro! This is a pretty cool place to hang out... :beer:

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
DJP said:
With that being said, a site needs to protect it's vendors from frivilous crap as long as the vendor does not repeatedly wander onto the member forum and post. But more importantely, a site needs to protect it's membership from a vendor who has publically aquired a bad repuation. To do otherwise would be a disservice to the members. There are tons more members who do not post but know what is going on, only one person to blame for that.

Most of us know about Dennis an the T-Bird controversy.

Everybody deserves a second chance. But unfortunately, after the T-Bird thing and as GMAN stated, the pattern continued. And now Navchap's Marauder is facing a similar predicament after he spent thousands of dollars and initially had faith in god I guess that a vendor was doing to the car what he paid for. But that was blamed on American Transmissions, see a pattern?

I know this as a fact, personally. I drove 3,000 miles round trip to have Dennis work on my car based on the one-sided posts that I had read back in late 2003. Had I known about the T-Bird thing, I would'nt have made the trip. I ended up with a car I was not happy with. And as a consumer, this says it all.

You have said a lot of relevent things here DJP, and they are objective.

But the end point is that we all like our cars! A vendor makes his own bed and has to sleep in it. The objective is not to slam a vendor for no reason, but to increase customer awareness, both good and bad. An informed customer should be informed so that he makes his decision, whatever it may be, on information of other customers (that's what makes the net great) and the end result is hopefully that he will have a car that he/she enjoys as much as we do.

Last edited:

DJP

Established Member
I agree, TMAC. When a board has a culture of stifling consumer awareness because of financial considerations, unsuspecting members will get burned.

Fortunately, people can make a more educated decision now as a direct result of the open discourse posted here, and by members like you, who don't cave into lame intimidation tactics.

Last edited:

David Morton

Established Member
SID297 said:
I would like to bring more life to this forum. Since you guys are the M experts I'd like to hear what you'd like to see me add. The MM is one of my favorite cars and I'd really like to build a strong comunity here for you owners to enjoy, just let me know what you need.
Just keep it simple. If you delete somebody for making political comments on one side of the isle, do the same for the other side. I just got my posting previleges taken away for making a rebuttal to somebodys comments about Michael Moore.

If your gonna allow it, allow it all. If not, play fair and don't allow any politics, and solicit members to report violations.

My opinion is that we should keep it to talk about the car. MM.net is now mislabeld.
It should be MM(R).net, cause if your not a republican, your response to the incessant politicking will get you banned, Administrator Mercman in particular.

I'm an ASE certified Master Automobile Technician, now retired, and would love to pass on my knowledge and have access to the vendors on that site!

But apparently they don't want business from non-republicans, and that's a shame. I have bought lots of stuff from their vendors but I guess it's more important, to Mercman at least, to keep the dissent about the current administration to a minimum than to let the vendors decide who they want to do business with.

As of now, Mercman has decided for them that they don't want my business. Too bad.

Maybe you could contact Dennis Reinhart, Lidio Iaccobelli and some of the vendors there and let them know their exposure is dwindling because of this shame and give them a place to sell their wares here.

00 Aggie

Its just a slow vert...
Established Member
Maybe you could contact Dennis Reinhart, Lidio Iaccobelli and some of the vendors there and let them know their exposure is dwindling because of this shame and give them a place to sell their wares here.

+1

Users who are viewing this thread