Former MM.net Users

Logan

Established Member
Defyant said:
Whoa!

The olive branch is extended. Piece is offered. I guess Ode to Logan would be a bad poem to plug in here now.

This is ANOTHER example of a rant given enough time, it will work itself out; like a thorn.

Eh? I thought it was hilarious.

DJP

Established Member
Yup. That poem was hilarious.

Nothing like a good laugh when you're having a rough day, eh?

Black Cat

2003 Marauder
Established Member
Well I'm guessing that SVTperformance is going to be seeing a lot more action after what happened on mm.net.
First they setup a "darkside" with limited rules, then take it down after their "god" Dennis threatens to leave the site after complaints by people who have had the misfortune to deal with him.

It's funny because no other MM.net site vendors were named as being difficult or giving poor customer service only DR...hmmm...makes you think.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
This thread is not about .net. What happens there should stay there. I just want to know what else you guys would to have to make this forum better for you. Are there any particular vendors you'd like to see here?

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member

DJP

Established Member
SID297 said:
This thread is not about .net. What happens there should stay there. I just want to know what else you guys would to have to make this forum better for you. Are there any particular vendors you'd like to see here?

Thank's for running a clean site here, Sid. :thumbsup:

I concur with the GMAN, and maybe you could add F.I.T. to the list.

The only other suggestion I can come up with now is to be aware of those members who don't have the best interest of this forum in mind. Current affairs has recently taught us how deceitful minds work. :loser:

Dark_Knight7096

Cursed By Fate
Established Member
How did this site slip under my radar? I thought i was all over the place. Darn you guys you are all bad influences on me. Here i am posting rather than writing my paper on neurons. I unfortunately jumped into this late and have nothing to add really except for alternative automotive, i'll second, third, and fourth that!!!

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Dark_Knight7096 said:
How did this site slip under my radar? I thought i was all over the place. Darn you guys you are all bad influences on me. Here i am posting rather than writing my paper on neurons. I unfortunately jumped into this late and have nothing to add really except for alternative automotive, i'll second, third, and fourth that!!!
Welcome aboard!!

CanadaSVT

Torque Inspector
Established Member
Seems okay the way it is. BTW I've never had a problem at MM.net so this just gives me more internet to enjoy. Cheers!

Smokie

Established Member
Dennis certainly is the favorite whipping boy, and yes some he has brought upon himself, some was undeserved.

He also sells the most products, for the longest amount of time of any vendor that caters to the Marauder, for those of you familiar with math, you should know that exposure increases risk.

Also other vendors that currently walk on water have problems just like anyone else does, you are just not hearing about it. I never write anything unless I am witness to the facts.

I have been dissapointed by a vendor, it was not Dennis.
Do not call me or PM to ask me about it because I will not talk about it....period. You can choose to believe me or not, it makes no difference to me.

Carry on gentlemen... :)

Fact: I have done business with almost all vendors at MM.net

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
Smokie said:
Also other vendors that currently walk on water have problems just like anyone else does, you are just not hearing about it. I never write anything unless I am witness to the facts.

I hope you are not referring to Trilogy. I had some trouble during the install (had to have the blower exchanged) and recently with some altenator wiring (had a crimp connector that was loose, get hot and melt the loom). I posted about the problems, the customer service ( :thumbsup: ) and made the repairs. All the while keeping the group in on what my experiance was. I was not censored.

I also let the MM.net membership know that Amazon Racing did my install. I was never censored.

Not directed at anyone in particular:
:idea: It is not what you say, it is how you say it. :idea:

Smokie

Established Member
Defyant said:
Not directed at anyone in particular:
:idea: It is not what you say, it is how you say it. :idea:

I agree completely, how you handle your disappointment in a business transaction says a lot about you and also has an effect on how hard the vendor will try to correct the problem.

My earlier post is to be read and taken literally, the exact meaning of each and every word carefully chosen by me. My dissapointment will not affect others adversely; therefore it is mine and mine alone.

The more business a vendor does, the greater the chance of something going wrong, that is what I am trying to point out, no vendor can have a 100% satisfaction rate. How a vendor deals with a problem after the sale is where the vendor has the opportunnity to excel or alienate future customers.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Smokie said:
How a vendor deals with a problem after the sale is where the vendor has the opportunnity to excel or alienate future customers.
Yes, and therein is the problem with some vendors. When they lie about things to you, and then cover-up their lies with more lies, it becomes apparent to many of their customers that they're dishonest from the word go. And all vendors are NOT the same when it comes to that. Some are much better than others are, and I've dealt with a number of them myself.

When a vendor goes from board to board, and makes plenty of enemies on more than one board, you begin to see a pattern, and one that hasn't changed obviously. Especially when you deal with him yourself, and he outright lies to you, and when you catch him in that lie, he attempts to cover it up with another lie. When that happens, then you cannot just turn away and say something like....."Oh well, all vendors have bad days"...or..."They all have a dissasitfied customer somewhere"...sorry, but the reality is that all vendors are NOT the same.

And when you feel like you're walking on eggshells during telephone conversations even before you make a purchase, from the very first time you talk to a vendor (or anyone else for that matter), and every time thereafter, then that usually means that it's because you're being manipulated. Guess who I'm talking about? NOT all vendors are pushy salesmen. And I'm certainly not the only one who feels this way about him. There are reasons for that. And when we spout out about it, it isn't for selfish reasons. We don't want that vendor to be taking advantage of our fellow Marauder owners, so we make an attempt to warn them. Some take heed to our warning while others paint us as the bad guy, and choose to remain blind. And that's exactly what that vendor wants (blind customers ripe for the killing).

Last edited:

Smokie

Established Member
I agree all vendors are not the same, I believe that a vendor that relies on lying and deception will go out of business, he will not prosper on lies or bad customer service.

The truth catches up with everybody and it will bite you in the ass. The truth also should not be obscured or obstructed. The true test will be time, bad vendors will not be patronized......

Basically it boils down to this, a crooked vendor will try to cheat everybody or nearly so unless he is picking and choosing some small percentage of victims based on some criteria that I don't know about.

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
I find that there are a number of Marauder owners who know a lot about hi-perf cars in general, but that there are even more of them who know close to nothing about cars at all, let alone hi-perf cars. I don't look down on them for that, nor am I knocking them for that. I'm simply stating a fact. And that vendor who I speak of thrives on those guys who know close to nothing about cars, and who's brief knowledge of cars is very much Marauder specific, and lacks overall general automotive knowledge. He tells them that they need this part or that part, and they just believe him with blind faith. And that's why he's still in biz. So will his dishonesty ever catch up with him? I dunno. Probably not if people continue to remain silent about him, and what he's done to them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread