Forewarning for those travelling to MW '12

95PGTTech

Established Member
Who sleeps lol. Straight drive from Massachusetts, stops for gas and food. I just rented a house about 5 miles from the mall. Well worth it.

Based on the timeframe we had to leave from NJ to miss all the traffic going southbound on the turnpike where it merges from 4 lanes to 2 on each side, it would put us in Myrtle around 3am, so it was really useless not to sleep, arrive at motel at check in time, and be well rested to make the most of the first day.

Sid, I've heard that, and it's supposedly about a half hour away and much quieter. Rental houses type set up?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
There are rental houses there. It's not really 30 minutes away. From most of NMB you can get to the Planet Hollywood area in about 20 min give or take. You'll be much closer to the mall for the events there.

The Atlantic Breeze is a really nice condo up there.

delly

Established Member
Thx Guys, anybody hear of breakers hotel? My g/f just looked it up, looks nice, and has a lazy water rivier around it lol..

65fastback2+2

Established Member
the warning is good buy why is the ordinance "pointless"? you think the year long residents enjoy being woken up at all hours of the night by idiots with no respect for the public peace? I realize in your case it probably wasn't in the middle of the night but if the ordinance wasn't in place it would be going on all night every night.

Now if you are saying that revving your engine is pointless I would have to agree LOL! even tho I do it too.

heaven forbid they put time limits on it like they do cruising between the hours of 2am and 6am

course, we're talking about a county that limits how far you can swim and what swim wear you can or cannot wear. not the brightest.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
Thx Guys, anybody hear of breakers hotel? My g/f just looked it up, looks nice, and has a lazy water rivier around it lol..

its nice but that time of the year it may take 30 mins to park. go farther north on ocean blvd

StangSteph

Established Member
Good to know lol.

we'll be staying at Holiday Sands South again. right in the center of the noise lol. its been pretty quiet the last couple of years though. cops are all over the place. as long as you arent on the sidewalk or egging on the cars driving by, you're good. the hotel is pretty nice, but we are usually at the little tiki building across the street, only reason we go to the room is to cool off or sleep so it works fine for us.

Also, from RI to SC, its about a 14hr drive. usually start around 6am or before, to beat the NY traffic, after jersey its usually smooth sailing. unless you run into freak, apparently regular, accidents in the middle of nowhere virginia where traffic is backed up for miles and miles

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Good to know lol.

we'll be staying at Holiday Sands South again. right in the center of the noise lol. its been pretty quiet the last couple of years though. cops are all over the place. as long as you arent on the sidewalk or egging on the cars driving by, you're good. the hotel is pretty nice, but we are usually at the little tiki building across the street, only reason we go to the room is to cool off or sleep so it works fine for us.

Also, from RI to SC, its about a 14hr drive. usually start around 6am or before, to beat the NY traffic, after jersey its usually smooth sailing. unless you run into freak, apparently regular, accidents in the middle of nowhere virginia where traffic is backed up for miles and miles

That traffic is absolutely retarted I agree.

trickability

Established Member
I appreciate that ordinance during bike week. But yeah, don't rev you engine in MB city limits.
Well you wont have to worry about me going there ,I stopped because of the petty way they treated everyone at bike week....

F8L BYT

Established Member
What was your experience? Which agency was it?

were you with the dude with the SN95 GT with the Navigator engine sticking out of the hood? I freakin' loved that car, and I THINK I remember him being from CT too? LOL, I remember driving by on the strip and seeing MBPD putting it up on a rollback. When he showed up at the Speedway Fun Runs the next day, he still had the impoundment marking on his windshield LOL

Haha yea that pretty much sums it up. Moral of the story is don't dump the clutch on the main strip for people. And yes he sold that car a long while ago. Lesson learned

delly

Established Member
sid, im looking for a house to rent, cant seem to find anything with a decent price range, do you know of any? we wanna be in the middle of all the action and close to the strip.. and we need parking for at least 5 cars.. thx

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
sid, im looking for a house to rent, cant seem to find anything with a decent price range, do you know of any? we wanna be in the middle of all the action and close to the strip.. and we need parking for at least 5 cars.. thx

we've used both Myrtle Beach Rentals | Garden City Rentals | Surfside Beach Rentals | Garden City Beach Vacation Rentals | Surfside Beach Vacation Rentals & Garden City Vacation Rentals | Surfside Beach Rentals | Myrtle Beach Rentals - South Carolina to rent houses in the past, and had great experience with both of them. We got houses down in Surfside/Garden City. The only remote con down there are you won't see many Mustangs cruising through the blvd from your front porch. The pros are you are still only a 5 minute drive from Ocean Blvd, you have less traffic to deal with in the evenings when you just need something from the grocery or liquor store, you have easy access to the RT17 bypass via Dick Pond Rd, the beach is less crowded, and you can find great deals if enough people are staying in the house together.

How many people are splitting the bill?

We've rented houses 3 times as a group before, and on average each person paid $200-$250 for the whole week. One house in Surfside (we stayed there twice) had no pool, was 1 block from the beach, and was split between 8-10 people. The other house in Garden City was MASSIVE, had our own pool, was right across the blvd from the ocean, and was $250 for each person. We had SIXTEEN people in the house, but it was so massive that there was plenty of room for everybody!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
we've used both Myrtle Beach Rentals | Garden City Rentals | Surfside Beach Rentals | Garden City Beach Vacation Rentals | Surfside Beach Vacation Rentals & Garden City Vacation Rentals | Surfside Beach Rentals | Myrtle Beach Rentals - South Carolina to rent houses in the past, and had great experience with both of them. We got houses down in Surfside/Garden City. The only remote con down there are you won't see many Mustangs cruising through the blvd from your front porch. The pros are you are still only a 5 minute drive from Ocean Blvd, you have less traffic to deal with in the evenings when you just need something from the grocery or liquor store, you have easy access to the RT17 bypass via Dick Pond Rd, the beach is less crowded, and you can find great deals if enough people are staying in the house together.

How many people are splitting the bill?

We've rented houses 3 times as a group before, and on average each person paid $200-$250 for the whole week. One house in Surfside (we stayed there twice) had no pool, was 1 block from the beach, and was split between 8-10 people. The other house in Garden City was MASSIVE, had our own pool, was right across the blvd from the ocean, and was $250 for each person. We had SIXTEEN people in the house, but it was so massive that there was plenty of room for everybody!

You need to get up to NMB this year.

delly

Established Member
dmassey theres prob gonna be like anywhere between 4 and 6 of us..we were expecting to be paying anywhere between 300 and 500 a person.. we need enough parking area, thats one of the reason we didnt want to stay at a hotel because of the parking situation...do you know of any places availble? ive checked and emailed a ton of ppl on the website you listed and only had 2 responses and they wont let us leave on sun morning.. we were willing to rent it for the week but were not going down till thurs morning and wanted to leave sun morning...

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
You need to get up to NMB this year.

eventually, that may be in the cards. But for now, it's hard to beat staying at my Uncle's vacation house for FREE. I don't know why, but for some reason we've just always preferred being down at the south end of everything. I think it's partly due to the proximity to The Bowery & The Garden City Pier. I'm positive i'll be up in NMB for a few cold beers though!

dmassey theres prob gonna be like anywhere between 4 and 6 of us..we were expecting to be paying anywhere between 300 and 500 a person.. we need enough parking area, thats one of the reason we didnt want to stay at a hotel because of the parking situation...do you know of any places availble? ive checked and emailed a ton of ppl on the website you listed and only had 2 responses and they wont let us leave on sun morning.. we were willing to rent it for the week but were not going down till thurs morning and wanted to leave sun morning...

ahhhhh THERE'S your catch. Those rental places require you to rent from Saturday to Saturday. That's the ONLY way thery'll do it. As far as checking availability, your best bet is to just surf the websites, check out the house photos & locations, and check the calendars yourself. Each of those companies rent a hundred or more houses so you could have quite a long conversation with them lol.

delly

Established Member
yeah i hear ya, thx... i talked to a few ppl they want me to wait till like a few weeks just before the event and they said they would do it, and the one place you gave me said they can almost guarantee there will be open house availble..

Users who are viewing this thread