Forewarning for those travelling to MW '12

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Last year the gf and I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites right off the 501 a few miles away from the beach. I used points so not sure how they stack up price-wise, I'd guess in the $90-120/night range. It was reasonably quiet and I always have good experiences with their chain.

Not sure if I'm going this year since I sold the Shelby a few months ago. If I buy another '03/'04 Cobra like I want to I might, although the drive from Houston SUCKS. Especially when you drive it straight through with minimal stops!

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
Laws are in place to protect family and make them wanna come back.
I have seen locals trying to get people to rev up when they see a foot or bike cop coming. Trying to get people busted.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Last year the gf and I stayed at the Country Inn & Suites right off the 501 a few miles away from the beach. I used points so not sure how they stack up price-wise, I'd guess in the $90-120/night range. It was reasonably quiet and I always have good experiences with their chain.

Not sure if I'm going this year since I sold the Shelby a few months ago. If I buy another '03/'04 Cobra like I want to I might, although the drive from Houston SUCKS. Especially when you drive it straight through with minimal stops!

Come on, drive the L up here.

I would avoid 501 like the plague though.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Come on, drive the L up here.

I would avoid 501 like the plague though.

Haha, I would have to take out a second mortgage to finance the gas for a 2400 mile round trip in the Lightning! Surprisingly the '10 GT500 averaged 25 mpg up there and back.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Me and my buddies had a bad experience with the law enforcement at MW 11', everyone listen to the OP.

Hahaha :beer:

were you with the dude with the SN95 GT with the Navigator engine sticking out of the hood? I freakin' loved that car, and I THINK I remember him being from CT too? LOL, I remember driving by on the strip and seeing MBPD putting it up on a rollback. When he showed up at the Speedway Fun Runs the next day, he still had the impoundment marking on his windshield LOL

lmao ya and he put on a show at the burnout contest at the track too. I have a vid of him being cuffed as we drove by lol

That was a real 97 Cobra if I am not mistaken. He is on the site as well. Pretty sure he sold it?

yup he sold it. It was a real cobra.

Haha yea that pretty much sums it up. Moral of the story is don't dump the clutch on the main strip for people. And yes he sold that car a long while ago. Lesson learned

Good times lol

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
were you with the dude with the SN95 GT with the Navigator engine sticking out of the hood? I freakin' loved that car, and I THINK I remember him being from CT too? LOL, I remember driving by on the strip and seeing MBPD putting it up on a rollback. When he showed up at the Speedway Fun Runs the next day, he still had the impoundment marking on his windshield LOL

Correct, unfortunately that was me, cool that you remebered though, i placed 3rd in the burnout contest the next day, impounded Cobra and went to jail for 2hrs or so, 519$ later i was back on the road at like 2 am...worst night of my life and probably the most costly as well..

The cobra loaded up from sitting in traffic, and it wouldnt turn back over so i had to floor the gas and it finally started and i dumped the cltuch and spun for liek 2 seconds, surrounded by 8 mountain biker police..it was calm and cool at first then turned sour when one guy just started yelling to get the hell out of the car (i think the out of state plates helped do me in). My mistake i guess.

That was a real 97 Cobra if I am not mistaken. He is on the site as well. Pretty sure he sold it?

Correct, sold it to a guy in massachusetts actually and it was a 97 Cobra. :beer::beer:

saleencobra

Established Member
The leo's didnt seem to appreciate my mid pipe exhaust. luckily i didnt get hassled besides some evil looks. plus my exhaust looks like it goes all the way unless u look underneath it! :banana: I idled louder than most people rev lol

SusieR57

We are driving straight through from NJ - but not on the turnpike - taking all the back roads. (78,81,66,295,95,40,17) Staying in the Windy Hill Section of NMB - away from the strip but close enough to everything else. Been staying in this area for years. This is the first year that my daughter will be driving her car there. This could get interesting!

03' White Snake

Established Member
The leo's didnt seem to appreciate my mid pipe exhaust. luckily i didnt get hassled besides some evil looks. plus my exhaust looks like it goes all the way unless u look underneath it! :banana: I idled louder than most people rev lol

Ya dont do that again..... it didnt sound good at all. It absolutely killed your car.

Users who are viewing this thread