• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

Ford's 2022 Electric F-150 Lightning | Here's the Scoop

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by SID297, May 19, 2021.

1. Fat Boss

Fat Boss Well-Known Member Established Member

Sounds closer to 50A than 200A looking at that list.

Rocketir likes this.
  2. Weather Man

Weather Man Persistance Is A Bitch Premium Member Established Member

They look at the worst case with lights and such all kicking on at once. We have a gas stove, but also had electric run to the stove location, so it gets counted also.

Fat Boss likes this.
  3. Rocketir

Rocketir New Member Established Member

I have a Tesla Y at home as well as the GT500. Its a blast to drive. Lots of torque. I image the Lightning will be able to tow what ever you hook. Stopping will be the limiting factor as always. I have a lvl 2 (32A) charger at home. Its never a problem having a full tank at the start of the day. I have driven this thing all the western states. Even took it to Zion for the weekend. Yes stopping every couple of hours adds time, but for me was a more relaxing trip. You never discharge to 0 and then charge to 100%. Typically its 10% charge up to 60ish% on the road because that is the fastest. It takes forever to charge up to 95-100% when you are not at home due to the battery management settings. It slows down the charge as the battery is at its upper limit. People will be surprised at the mileage hit lower outside temps, speeding and adding a trailer will produce. That is probably something that Ford will have to manage.
    My observations are strictly from the Tesla, but I think the Lightning will be similar. Don't underestimate the frunk. I really wish they would put this in a short bed regular cab. I love not having any maintence as well. Change the brakes (should last a very long time because of regenerative brakes) and tires. This truck may not be built for the hardcore GC but I think it will meet the needs of the majority I think.
    EDIT: Forgot to add. I live in Cali and even with the utility bill here, I figure my per mile cost is about a 1/3 of a gas equivalent. But I also have a lot of charging options available. Some are absolutely free.
    Cars1.jpg

Last edited: May 24, 2021
  4. andymarkv

andymarkv Well-Known Member Established Member

5. mustangbee

mustangbee Well-Known Member Established Member

Up to 70,000 preorders already

Ford is investing 30 billion in EVs now. Yeah this isn't going anywhere. Neither is gas/diesel but options are good.

6. mustangbee

mustangbee Well-Known Member Established Member

7. BREMBO12

BREMBO12 Member Established Member

The 2000 Oxford White L I bought in San Antonio before moving back up to D/FW was one of the best ever vehicles I have ever bought. Ford has lost it's way with the words. No game, I pass. The 2 door red rendering is more on the money. 20 years goes by fast.

8. Weather Man

Weather Man Persistance Is A Bitch Premium Member Established Member

Electrifying run for Ford continues as eyes turn to SUVs
    • Ford Motor Company (F -1.8%) confirms that it has 100K reservations for the all-electric 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning.
    • The automaker has been accepting $100 refundable deposits to place an initial reservation for the 2022 pickup truck ahead of the official opening of the order system later this year.
    • Ford sells close to one million F-Series pickup trucks each year and generated revenue of $42B for the automaker in 2019.
    • Shares of Ford are up 77% YTD and are starting to close in on hitting multi-year highs. saupload_ford_thumb1.png
    • Looking ahead, Ford's next big all-electric play is anticipated to be a SUV. Some analysts think a next-gen, all-electric Explorer makes sense.
    • Ford plans to spend $30B on electric vehicles by 2025 and aims for 40% of its global fleet to be all-electric by 2030.