Ford truck test mule pictures (Raptor inside)

Rick88LX

Established Member
The big red button should be a main electrical disconnect. Early builds (mules) have them. At least the ones did at Chrysler when I was there. It's just like any other safety switch you'll see in a manufacturing facility.

61mmstang94

Established Member
Still think they would be better off with a lightning.

Check the classified section on even this forum where people have to give them away. There is no market for a heavy truck with a weak shortblock that gets 5 mpg. I'm sorry, but the Raptor will sell like hotcakes compared to another Lightning.

Don't get me wrong, the lightning is cool, but performance trucks like the lightning are only bought by a very small market who appreciate them. Most people couldn't really care less about them and would rather have a cobra or something better (or anything else) if what they care about is straight line performance.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I know these will sell in New England. Granted we have more rocky and hilly terrain, but with all that travel, I could see this thing being a decent trail rig. But here's what you get:
Selectable rear locker: works in 2wd and 4wd
Fox racing developed shocks
quality lift components
35" BFG tires
flared bed panels
flared fenders
and your choice of a 5.4 or a 6.2 later down the road.
And the sport truck deal has been done to death. Time to move forward.
And to those who think it will not sell. Sorry but, you need to take a long look at how many truck owners atleast lift and or put bigger tires on thier truck. This is the whole package for like $5k more than a loaded FX4. At the price, it's a great truck. Build a new F-150 that performs like the raptor, but with aftermarket parts... it will run you well above $60k....

Don't forget hill descent control and the off-road mode button.

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
I swear in the 1 picture is looks like a dummy exhaust? or unless that's the double shock mount? I can't say anything about these trucks exciting me on any level. :(

Users who are viewing this thread