Ford truck test mule pictures (Raptor inside)

jleews6

Established Member
Like every other late model Ford ,it will need a blower to make any real power.:lol:
If its N/A it will end up being just another truck with some stuff on it that looks cool.

styl0us

Roh-Tuh-Ree Powah
Established Member
BasAss!! I wanna know what the big red button is on the dash?!

1967-mustang-fastback-gone-in-60-seconds-eleanor-nitrous-go-baby-go-button-1280x960-500x375.jpg

SRV1

Established Member
And Ford still cannot figure out why they losing their ass on a daily basis. I would not pay that much money for a truck with a factory suspension lift.

James

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
And Ford still cannot figure out why they losing their ass on a daily basis. I would not pay that much money for a truck with a factory suspension lift.

James

You apparently have no idea what the Raptor is. Think of the comparison you are making. It's like saying your Mustang is a 1979 Fairmont with a body kit.

ToyoFl

Established Member
So I still don't understand, who in the hell is Ford targeting here? I see no good market for this truck

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Still think they would be better off with a lightning.

Been there, done that... it was a sales flop.

Pretty sure the 6.2L is going to make 500hp :shrug:

It makes 500hp with a hot cam, tune and bolt-ons which was in the Raptor R race truck. From the factory it will have a little over 400hp

So I still don't understand, who in the hell is Ford targeting here? I see no good market for this truck

The largest demographic in the auto aftermarket. Offroading is the largest moneymaker in the aftermarket meaning there's a large amount of people interested in these products.

Last edited:

ToyoFl

Established Member
The largest demographic in the auto aftermarket. Offroading is the largest moneymaker in the aftermarket meaning there's a large amount of people interested in these products.

Hmmm you obviously misunderstood me. Who are they trying to target that is going to pay 40+thousand for an offroad truck? If I wanted to buy an offroad truck I would just go buy a beater for 5-10 grand and easily put less than 15k in it and it would be a hell of a lot sweeter than that truck....Shoot I could do that with my Tacoma:shrug: I simply do not see this selling well:??:

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
Hmmm you obviously misunderstood me. Who are they trying to target that is going to pay 40+thousand for an offroad truck? If I wanted to buy an offroad truck I would just go buy a beater for 5-10 grand and easily put less than 15k in it and it would be a hell of a lot sweeter than that truck....Shoot I could do that with my Tacoma:shrug: I simply do not see this selling well:??:

You live in FL where 1/2 the guys buy 50K F350's and put a 2K lift and 2K worth of tires and wheels just for show.
You really think a 40K pick up w/ 7K worth of suspension and tires that's built for go and has a 5 yr. 60K mile bumper to bumper won't sell?
Shit, TX and CA even more so will love this

Common

Established Member

You make little sense and have a ricer mentality to boot. Hell, I could buy a
$3k civic, put a $6k engine/turbo setup in it and rape anything in the price range up to 80k I bet.

See where I'm going with this?

This is a first off-road baja style truck that I know of, made for masses, which is neat, and it's VERY affordable. It appears like a beffed up F150, so many will buy it just because it's cool looking and useful, even without off roading. The fact that it DOES have some amazing suspension is only a bonus.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member

That just shows how very little you know about this truck and you're on crack if you think you could build a better package than this with 15k in mods. With your beater that you pick up for 10k you'd still be looking at probably over 30k to replicate what the Raptor has. Then there's the quality, tuning and warranty that you can't match in your home built beater that's frankly still a beater. You'll be spending 30k out of your own pocket when you could put 10-15k of that down and just finance a Raptor that is 10 times nicer than what most of us could build ourselves.

Some of the reasoning you guys come up with is just rediculous.

61mmstang94

Established Member

I guess it's true that some car guys think that the particular car they're interested in is all the rest of the world is interested in lol. You crack me up. I'm not into off-roading, but to be so ignorant that you don't see a market for offroad vehicles (pretty much just because you might not be into it) is very funny.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I guess it's true that some car guys think that the particular car they're interested in is all the rest of the world is interested in lol. You crack me up. I'm not into off-roading, but to be so ignorant that you don't see a market for offroad vehicles (pretty much just because you might not be into it) is very funny.

Especially when the market being targeted has THE largest aftermarket. People dont seem to understand that the size of the aftermarket shows how many people are interested in that particular hobby. The performance and hotrod aftermarket has always been large so they've built vehicles for those enthusiasts knowing they'll buy them. Now the offroad aftermarket is significantly larger and people are wondering who they're going to sell this to, lol?

I'd say go google some of the hotspots around the states for offroading like Glamis (sp?). You'll be surprised at the range of vehicles found there and the amount of money there. It's easily bigger and more popular than any racing event except for maybe NASCAR events.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
I know these will sell in New England. Granted we have more rocky and hilly terrain, but with all that travel, I could see this thing being a decent trail rig. But here's what you get:
Selectable rear locker: works in 2wd and 4wd
Fox racing developed shocks
quality lift components
35" BFG tires
flared bed panels
flared fenders
and your choice of a 5.4 or a 6.2 later down the road.
And the sport truck deal has been done to death. Time to move forward.
And to those who think it will not sell. Sorry but, you need to take a long look at how many truck owners atleast lift and or put bigger tires on thier truck. This is the whole package for like $5k more than a loaded FX4. At the price, it's a great truck. Build a new F-150 that performs like the raptor, but with aftermarket parts... it will run you well above $60k....

Users who are viewing this thread