Ford truck test mule pictures (Raptor inside)

BoneStock02

Regular Unleaded Member
Established Member
Well, I got a tip from a member on a local forum that ford was doing high-altitude testing on their test mule trucks here in Colorado, so I went and checked it out. When I got there a couple of the trucks were already under covers but the rest (including the Raptor) were out. Unfortunatly there was a guy sitting in one of the trucks watching them, so I had to do some "spy" work. 15 mins. later the guy left so I was able to get right up next to the trucks. Most of the trucks all looked about the same as the current models, but the Raptor is all I cared about.

Anyway, here are the pics (some of them aren't very good):

spy002.jpg

spy009.jpg

spy006.jpg

spy010.jpg

spy012.jpg

spy013.jpg

spy011.jpg

spy014.jpg

spy015.jpg

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
If they were trying to blend in why have multi colored body panels? Even two tone the Raptor is a sweet looking ride.

61mmstang94

Established Member
If they were trying to blend in why have multi colored body panels? Even two tone the Raptor is a sweet looking ride.

They're not trying to belnd in. They're trying to break the truck up with different colors so that it's harder to tell exactly what it will look like in final production with other changes and a paintjob.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
You guys do realize that you can go to your nearest car show and see the Raptor in full production form, right? They don't care about people seeing the Raptor anymore. You should have gotten closer pics of the Superduties under wraps and sold them to one of the car news sites. It's rare that people can get pics that close to those cars.

2010_ford_f150_svt_raptor12.jpg

:poke:

Last edited:

tristateZ28Lt1

Established Member
DUDE!! Sell those pics asap!! Try to get them to MT or any other car magazine. They would probably want them! Spy shots are money in the bank

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
f**kin truck is bad ass, I wish it could tow more than 6500 lbs. b/c my Superduty would be gone. BUT the new powerstroke 370hp/710ft.lbs. might be where it's at

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Any more Super Duty pics? You can see the new front end in one of your pics and it looks like they are testing the new Scorpion diesel.

BoneStock02

Regular Unleaded Member
Established Member
Any more Super Duty pics? You can see the new front end in one of your pics and it looks like they are testing the new Scorpion diesel.

I don't have any good ones. There were only two uncovered ones. and the guy was sitting in one of them. Then he covered the one and left in the one he was in.

this has the one to the right of the svt (had the front wrapped):
spy006.jpg

here's the best ass end shot I have:
spy001.jpg

Like I said, I didn't really get a good opportunity to get shots of the diesels. But I think I'm going to stop by again tomorrow at a little earlier time, and hopefully I can scope out the diesels good. ;-)

NITMARE

Established Member
So I have already stated that I don't think the truck will be a success

But I do think it's badass and that motor is sick. Aside from my personal feelings on it being a good move for Ford.....am I the only one that thinks that grill looks like something a 6th grader designed?? ****ing ugly.

mustang_00

Established Member
You guys do realize that you can go to your nearest car show and see the Raptor in full production form, right? They don't care about people seeing the Raptor anymore. You should have gotten closer pics of the Superduties under wraps and sold them to one of the car news sites. It's rare that people can get pics that close to those cars.

2010_ford_f150_svt_raptor12.jpg

:poke:

so how much do these things cost??? there's a contest in town for one and the fine print says you win a 3 year paid lease on one... thought that was kinda funny. i wasn't impressed at all when they showed it. a lot of people walked away haha

Pete's 03

Where's my eating helmet?
Established Member
am I the only one that thinks that grill looks like something a 6th grader designed?? ****ing ugly.

No, you're not the only one but I was thinking more like a 8th grader....

I think the truck as a whole looks pretty cheezy. What are the specs of the motor?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
so how much do these things cost??? there's a contest in town for one and the fine print says you win a 3 year paid lease on one... thought that was kinda funny. i wasn't impressed at all when they showed it. a lot of people walked away haha

MSRP is 38,900 for the 5.4 and 41,xxx for the 6.2. Despite what anyone says there's no other package out there that matches what this truck can do for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread