Ford releasing a supercar Mustang Thursday 17th

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Lol. I bet I see as many of these 300k GTurds as I do Ford GTs on the street = 0. All 500 will be under car covers. Meanwhile Z06s will be rocking all the mustangs on the streets and tracks and ZR1 will be the king again. Terrible leadership and sad days for Ford right now.

Depends on where you live. If you live in the Midwest you probably won't see many, if any at all. I've seen 3 NFGTs on the roads here and 2 in local dealer showrooms. I don't live in a major city either, but where I am is pretty heavily populated.

blk02edge

Established Member
Lol. I bet I see as many of these 300k GTurds as I do Ford GTs on the street = 0. All 500 will be under car covers. Meanwhile Z06s will be rocking all the mustangs on the streets and tracks and ZR1 will be the king again. Terrible leadership and sad days for Ford right now.
As a member of an elite private race track, you are wrong when it comes to the high end track toys. They sure do show up.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Cool. If you think you can do better, apply to Ford's product planning department. Multimatic niche vehicles has a very limited capacity to build vehicles.
Wheres the ford GT fit in these ring times?
Do these internet bench racing numbers even matter? Unless you are a pro, you will not be able to replicate these lap times or even know how to set up the suspension and aero without a lot of potentiometer and data acquisition data

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Like what?... Do you know what the average salary is? What exactly is Ford building that is desirable for the blue collar worker?

Sent from my motorola razr plus 2023 using Tapatalk

Ford builds F150's for $40k and sells them for $70K. That's their business model. They don't even make any cars except for the disappointment S650. Oh, and they make some turd halo sports cars for some reason, like the FGT and this mustang super dark whore.

Ford is trying to be something that their design and build quality can not support. It also doesn't make ANY sense with their current product offerings.

Who would buy this low quality Camstang for $300K when the GT3RS exists? This would need to be "just another" super car in a garage filled with super cars for those that have the money for many. Mind boggling indeed.

Last edited:

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Let me tell you this respectfully. You are out of touch.

The amount of communism that shows up on this forum every time Ford builds something for the elites.... (it's happened like 3 times ever)

You may want to wipe Farley’s white stuff off the corner of your mouth. Because he had you gagging and it shows.

It is now communism having an opinion about a car? Wow! Y’all are really reaching around for this aren’t you?

Let me explain something, if Ford built a 300k GT nobody would say shit if it were an amazing looking and performing car. ****, they could build a $600k GT and I would be on board if it looked as good as the last one and performed well.

The fact is that I find this Mustang ugly. It looks like something some 12 year old built on NFS Underground to increase their Rep points. It is a $300k car where the max should be $100k maybe $125 but that is pushing it.

I’d trade one of these straight up for a 2020 GT350 and a new Camry.

It is a good thing most of these will sit under car covers. I wouldn’t want to look at it sitting in my garage either.

And the S650 is a S550 with new body panels. Like the New Edge to the S95.

A coat hanger can bring out the kid in you.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Appears there's a misunderstanding between expectations, marketing, and reality.

I'm excited to see this car on the track as well because I really enjoy watching car races. Hope they all get raced, and not wasted on overhyped bj auctions.

For those of you who are truly knowledgable about racing, can you please help me understand and put the Mustang GTD into some perspective?

On the Nürburgring, how would this Mustang GTD compare to:
- FGT gen1?
- FGT gen2?
- Faster/slower on acceleration?
- Superior/inferior in cornering?
- Superior/inferior braking?
- More/less competitive for endurance racing?

^Or is this a poor comparison to even start with?

Anytime I see any form of car car competition with either, powered by Ford, a blue oval emblem, or Boss 500 on them, I normally root for and pay closer attention to them.

Farley still sucks.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
I think this looks good and will be interested how it performs.

I also love that some hate this pos and this thread is not just a bunch of people jerking each other off about it.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Appears there's a misunderstanding between expectations, marketing, and reality.

I'm excited to see this car on the track as well because I really enjoy watching car races. Hope they all get raced, and not wasted on overhyped bj auctions.

For those of you who are truly knowledgable about racing, can you please help me understand and put the Mustang GTD into some perspective?

- FGT gen1?
- FGT gen2?

Anytime I see any form of car car competition with either, powered by Ford, a blue oval emblem, or Boss 500 on them, I normally root for and pay closer attention to them.

Farley still sucks.
Lap times dont matter unless you are going for the HPDE trophy.

Here is a quote from Jamal Hameedi:

Ring times! Oh man don't even get me started on this topic. Our (my) view is that there is no such thing as an official manufacturer Ring time. The times being posted by many manufacturers are in my humble opinion akin to qualifying times being set at a race with no pre/post inspection (ie it would never happen). In the racing world - inspection/verification is a key part of the sport. In order for us to set an "official" time corner weights would have to be taken, calibration checksums need to be verified, engine power verified via chassis rolls, a hoist inspection, and probably a fuel sample taken by an independent 3rd party like a governing/sanctioning body. I would love to see this since everyone seems to be infatuated with Ring times. Having said that, I think it's really important that performance cars be judged against one another on the track - but the comparisons really need to be on the same day by a professional driver (just track condition from day to day puts another huge variable in comparisons). We have seen lap time spreads of over 3 sec with same car same driver different day at VIR. Now extrapolate that to a track with a 7 min lap time. Motor Trend collects cars on the same day and puts a professional driver behind the wheel - not journalists whose driving ability puts yet another huge variable in lap times - and compares vehicles same driver same day. I think they do it correctly. So does Auto Motor und Sport in Germany.

The reason we test at the Ring is because it is a fantastic venue for doing vehicle dynamics work. You get so much different content in terms of turns, elevation, etc that you would need to visit 5 different tracks to duplicate it. It's also a chance for our North American vehicle dynamics guys to cross pollinate with our Team RS guys since we are all one group now. Team RS gets a chance to offer feedback on the RWD cars and the SVT guys offer perspective on the FWD cars. That's really powerful and worth spending the money to send cars and engineers over there. Renting the Ring exclusively ($$$$$!) to make a video - not so much. I'd rather put that money into the car.

I know this isn't what the internet bench racers want to hear. As soon as there is a standard for measuring lap times - our performance vehicles will be the first in line to get tested. Until then - it's just marketing and a total free for all. They are very cool to watch though. Lol. The 2013/2014 GT500 sold just fine without a published Ring time (who could have imagined!). Actually we spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to make more GT500s due to high demand. I've seen other performance cars with published Ring times being offered with incentives and cash on the hood (again - who could have imagined!). So I sleep pretty well at night. And spend my days (and nights) working on the next slayer vs. worrying about Ring times.

Hopefully this gives you some perspective on where our minds are at wrt Ring times.
See you at SEMA!

Jamal

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Ford builds F150's for $40k and sells them for $70K. That's their business model. They don't even make any cars except for the disappointment S650. Oh, and they make some turd halo sports cars for some reason, like the FGT and this mustang super dark whore.

Ford is trying to be something that their design and build quality can not support. It also doesn't make ANY sense with their current product offerings.

Who would buy this low quality Camstang for $300K when the GT3RS exists? This would need to be "just another" super car in a garage filled with super cars for those that have the money for many. Mind boggling indeed.

Because the GT3RS is unobtanium.

blk02edge

Established Member
You may want to wipe Farley’s white stuff off the corner of your mouth. Because he had you gagging and it shows.

It is now communism having an opinion about a car? Wow! Y’all are really reaching around for this aren’t you?

Let me explain something, if Ford built a 300k GT nobody would say shit if it were an amazing looking and performing car. ****, they could build a $600k GT and I would be on board if it looked as good as the last one and performed well.

The fact is that I find this Mustang ugly. It looks like something some 12 year old built on NFS Underground to increase their Rep points. It is a $300k car where the max should be $100k maybe $125 but that is pushing it.

I’d trade one of these straight up for a 2020 GT350 and a new Camry.

It is a good thing most of these will sit under car covers. I wouldn’t want to look at it sitting in my garage either.

And the S650 is a S550 with new body panels. Like the New Edge to the S95.

A coat hanger can bring out the kid in you.
That's a lot of babbling words for someone with no knowledge of track day/race cars.

You're mad because they built a 2nd car you can't afford... what's your point? Should they just not bother? Do you see how much people are paying for C8z06 and GT3RS? my guess is you've never looked.

And my God, you wouldn't be complaining if you saw the sheer running costs to run this thing often and at a fast pace...

IA Shelby

Established Member

- FGT gen1?
- FGT gen2?

Farley still sucks.
One thing that people do that is misleading is compare lap times like it is a science project. Different days and different conditions. The biggest impact on ring times since the original 2004 Ford GT is tire technology. I bet if you put the latest top end tire on an original stock Ford GT, the lap times would likely drop well in excess of 20 seconds. Obviously I am speculating but there is no denying the tire tech is night and day.

The new GTD is a cool car. But I would still pick a 3RS or a 488 Pista. I still would expect the GTD will be faster than both.

bullitt2735

Established Member
Has anyone figured out what the D stands for yet?
Daytona I believe
Sounds like multimatic might need an option to quiet Down the exhaust with so many tracks putting on a 96db or lower limit these day LOL car looks real quick!

If I don’t get an allocation I’ll definitely have to go see it come over Dunlop at dawn in person.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Like what?... Do you know what the average salary is? What exactly is Ford building that is desirable for the blue collar worker?

Sent from my motorola razr plus 2023 using Tapatalk

Average salary?

Blue collar is typically paid hourly. I have Ford employees as customers every day. I'm about 15 minutes from the KC F150/Transit plant.

They make anywhere from $50-200k a year. I sell them anything from $25k Escapes to $115k F450s.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
One thing that people do that is misleading is compare lap times like it is a science project. Different days and different conditions. The biggest impact on ring times since the original 2004 Ford GT is tire technology. I bet if you put the latest top end tire on an original stock Ford GT, the lap times would likely drop well in excess of 20 seconds. Obviously I am speculating but there is no denying the tire tech is night and day.

The new GTD is a cool car. But I would still pick a 3RS or a 488 Pista. I still would expect the GTD will be faster than both.

2005/06 FGT.

20 seconds? Maybe around the Ring. 20 seconds is a shit load of time to make up on tires.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Definitely more blower whine than on my fatty. Love to hear even just the times they got at RA. And I think it was Tincknell that commented on how easy it was to drive the car fast. In that video it sure looked easy!:)

Users who are viewing this thread