Ford releasing a supercar Mustang Thursday 17th

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
This one mentions it too, and also says there will be an application process to get one...

Ford calls the GTD a limited-edition model, but didn't give a number of cars it will produce. The company only said it will debut in late 2024 or early 2025 as a 2025 model, and that the order process will be like the one used for the Ford GT. That means prospective buyers will have to apply for a build slot and be approved by Ford.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
This one mentions it too, and also says there will be an application process to get one...

That doesn't thoroughly detail whether they hack up the entire vehicle to make it work to the point it isn't Ford's product anymore. Of course they had to make changes to get the transaxle to work, but how much? It's very much a Mustang still, otherwise they wouldn't need the body-in-white off the assembly line.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Also, the people that were invited to the press release got allocation chips of they wanted one. I don't believe they knew anything about the car before the unveil so how would they have taken part in the application process? Unless they mean it is an application process moving forward from there.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
This is a halo car. Maybe you missed that.

720S Ring time was like 7:08-09...Ford is shooting for sub 7 with this car. 3RS ran a 6:49, that's what they're competing against. A Vantage was like 8 minutes haha

Go get bent about something else.
Wheres the ford GT fit in these ring times?

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Stated by Ford here, along with more details of all the panels being replaced, including an exploded view, and there isn't much untouched.
The First-Ever Ford Mustang GTD
Production of Mustang GTD will be limited, and pricing is expected to begin at approximately $300,000 MSRP***. It will start life at the Ford Flat Rock Assembly Plant and then be transported to Multimatic facilities in Markham, Canada, where it will be handcrafted for racing-inspired precision by the Ford Performance and Multimatic teams. Mustang GTD will be available in late 2024/early 2025.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
The press media-kit download includes this one showing all the carbon fiber panels

That Link at the bottom of Ford's site:

1692401796543.png

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is not what the press releases have been saying.

A coat hanger can bring out the kid in you.

The press release is also stating it had 800hp. The press said there was gonna be a red wave in 2020.

Also, the people that were invited to the press release got allocation chips of they wanted one. I don't believe they knew anything about the car before the unveil so how would they have taken part in the application process? Unless they mean it is an application process moving forward from there.

Moving forward it's an application. The people invited already qualified.

Wheres the ford GT fit in these ring times?

I've never seen an FGT Ring time.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Performance wise, how do we think it stacks up against the NFGT? The street version, not the mk2&4. That would give us an idea of its relative performance capability.

fitforspeed

Established Member

blk02edge

Established Member
This isn’t a halo car, that would be the GT/GT40.

This is a hell no car built for YouTube phaggots.

$300k cars that this is priced against:

Aston Martin DBS, DB11 Vantage V12
McLaren 720s, GT
Porsche 911 GT3 RS
Ferrari F8
Lamborghini Huracan
And more

A coat hanger can bring out the kid in you.
Let me tell you this respectfully. You are out of touch.

The amount of communism that shows up on this forum every time Ford builds something for the elites.... (it's happened like 3 times ever)

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Let me tell you this respectfully. You are out of touch.

The amount of communism that shows up on this forum every time Ford builds something for the elites.... (it's happened like 3 times ever)
Lol. I bet I see as many of these 300k GTurds as I do Ford GTs on the street = 0. All 500 will be under car covers. Meanwhile Z06s will be rocking all the mustangs on the streets and tracks and ZR1 will be the king again. Terrible leadership and sad days for Ford right now.

c5longhorn

Established Member
There's a lot of nice cars you can buy for this kind of money but the appeal of GTD is really specific. For me personally, I like track-oriented, big wing, aero, motorsports-derived cars. The benchmark for that is and will always be the GT3 RS which is really pretty much unbeatable IMO as the perpetual best car on earth. I think the best case scenario is to be competitive with that car dynamically. If anyone is mentioning your product alongside the GT3 RS, I'd consider it a win.

The other car would be the AMG GT Black Series, which is the car that's most similar to GTD, but that's out of production. I have a Black Series. It's not a pretty car, but it's an absolute monster. It's just absolutely ridiculous on a road course. It's a very similar car overall but from a pure content perspective, I really think the GTD is superior. Better, more livable, more capable suspension, better aero solutions, lighter wheels, better trans, better sound. If GTD manages to be right around that performance level, that's a pretty wild machine. Even more power (but also more weight). The challenge is that the BS is a Mercedes and the GTD is a Mustang, and can you make the mental leap on that one.

I dunno, but I find it hard to be annoyed that Ford is building a Mustang competitive with those two vehicles. It's actually somewhat mind-boggling. And there's so many Mustangs now from top to bottom that there's something just about at every price point.
What about a Gen 5 Dodge Viper ACR-E? Those are pretty track focused and have a manual also.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Performance wise, how do we think it stacks up against the NFGT? The street version, not the mk2&4. That would give us an idea of its relative performance capability.

Oh it's much faster than a regular 2017-2022 FGT. GT wasn't super hardcore in terms of setup. Narrow-ish front tires and only a small wing. GTD has a shit ton more downforce and much more aggressive tires, in terms of both size and compound.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Way faster.

jessie_sanders

Established Member
They build plenty of cars for the blue collar man. I sell to Ford blue collar employees every damn day.

Sorry, a halo car isn't a blue collar man's car.
Like what?... Do you know what the average salary is? What exactly is Ford building that is desirable for the blue collar worker?

Sent from my motorola razr plus 2023 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread