Ford releasing a supercar Mustang Thursday 17th

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
A 900hp Mustang that is garnering this much hate within 18 hours of release is a prime example of how the internet has ****ed over our world. lol What is there to hate about this?
Golden Ticket
Application that includes a "social presence"
Super limited edition only for the super elite or "friends of ford"
Wing

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
It'll be more than a handful.

lolol You can barely R&D one for $35k...before incurring any other expenses....or actually physically putting one together.

A 900hp Mustang that is garnering this much hate within 18 hours of release is a prime example of how the internet has ****ed over our world. lol What is there to hate about this?

If you can't afford one, cool. If you can, cool. If you want one, cool. If you don't want one, cool.

This is a badass piece of machinery. Takes a $600k GT3 car, cuts the cost in half, and makes it street legal.

Hate? More like apathy, which is technically worse.

What makes it "meh" is not the "internet" but the just vast array of absurd super cars, hand built race cars and insane tuner cars the world has.

900hp? So what?

We've had +1000hp FI V8's for decades now. Swipe a credit card and anyone can have a 1000whp engine.

People got excited about the Evo VIII because it was a street legal rally car that was readily available and cheap. This is a bespoke built race car with a price tag and availability to match. Let me go stick that over with the Ferrari 599XX, McLaren F1 or CLK GTR. Like "oh wow, cool... anyways...."

Ton of hate in 18hrs and forgotten about 2 weeks, kinda like the new FGT.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Another thing I was thinking about the motor, (not that this matters as I'm going to need a promotion or 2 before I can afford this car) but it's probably a good thing it's using a proven motor. Yes, a 9000rpm NA V8 would be awesome (because a 900hp, 7500rpm Predator is super whack), but we saw the teething issues the GT350 had, and some issues Z06s have had. Looking at the abnormal hate this car is getting from some, can you imagine if the early GTDs started crapping motors with 50 miles on the odometer? Using a proven motor, you focus on the body and suspension, which are much less likely to have teething issues. And this car is more about the suspension and aero, similar to the GT3RS, than the motor. And that car is super duper MEH, 500hp, so slow and craptacular.

And as for the selection process, is this any worse than buying a GT-model Porsche. What types of mark-ups do you think are on the GT3, GT3RS, and 911 S/T? Yes the "social media presence" needed for the first run of FGTs sounded bad, but it seems like true enthusiast customers got the cars in the later runs. And 13COBRA saying Ford will build more then expected, and seeing the enthusiasts in just this thread that have an allocation, maybe Ford is figuring it out?

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
But in my eyes Ford took a S550 GT500, removed the expensive/heavy DCT trans and replaced that with the rear transaxle(which Corvettes have had for how long?), But again Ford took the lazy/cheaper way out.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
The new transaxle is $35K just by itself.
Talk about taking the lazy/cheap way out...

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
You are so severely understating the complexity of everything packed into this vehicle. You have Multimatic, one of the most prestigious racecar builders and engineering firms out there saying getting a transaxle to fit in a Mustang was the hardest thing they had to do. The Corvette is designed every generation to use a transaxle, the Mustang is not hence why everything has to be re-engineered to make one work. Cantilevered suspension is a style of suspension, just like MacPherson and double wishbone. It's going to look pretty much the same in every car utilizing whatever type, but is going to be engineered differently for every vehicle. How many cars do you know that are street legal that have this type of suspension? You're downplaying one of the most exotic aspects of the car's engineering.

I get the car is not for everyone, but wow... Mustangs sure do bring out the illogical hate from members here. @13COBRA was spot on. The internet ruined everyone.

Cantilever?

21 year old kid built a V8 swapped Cantilever FRS on the weekend...

All sorts of dudes do kits for cars and trucks.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
It'll be more than a handful.

lolol You can barely R&D one for $35k...before incurring any other expenses....or actually physically putting one together.

If you can't afford one, cool. If you can, cool. If you want one, cool. If you don't want one, cool.

This is a badass piece of machinery. Takes a $600k GT3 car, cuts the cost in half, and makes it street legal.
I'll be impressed if this car matches gt3 performance since I'm not 100% sure if the GT does and multimatic didn't have their hands tied to a specific chassis on that car.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Cantilever?

21 year old kid built a V8 swapped Cantilever FRS on the weekend...

All sorts of dudes do kits for cars and trucks.

And I watched one of my techs build a tube frame for the front of an S2000 in one night. There's people who can do all sorts of crazy shit and it is impressive, but if it is so easy then why doesn't every performance car come equipped with it? I guess Koenigsegg went with an inferior suspension setup on their cars as well.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
And I watched one of my techs build a tube frame for the front of an S2000 in one night. There's people who can do all sorts of crazy shit and it is impressive, but if it is so easy then why doesn't every performance car come equipped with it? I guess Koenigsegg went with an inferior suspension setup on their cars as well.

Cost and Production Scalability.

Hence my "meh". It's a low rate bespoke supercar. Of course they can shove a bunch of cool features and technology into it. Now do the same thing for a car under $50k at +100k units a year.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Cost and Production Scalability.

Hence my "meh". It's a low rate bespoke supercar. Of course they can shove a bunch of cool features and technology into it. Now do the same thing for a car under $50k at +100k units a year.

Then you don't get 98% of the things in this car. We aren't there yet, but vehicles like this help us get there eventually. Packaging will likely guarantee we never see full scale production of this type of suspension, but the ASV dampers will eventually be offered, and it may be that the next Mustang is designed with a transaxle in mind... if they keep ice as the power plant.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Just indifference here too, definitely no hate. It is some amazing hardware. But Ford is essentially just having a top tier race car builder...build race cars. It just so happens to retain enough of the body to still look similar to a mustang. It is an engineering achievement, but I don't understand the marketing approach to it or the attempted mass appeal.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
As I mentioned in the other thread, I saw in a video of the reveal that it has 345s in the rear and 325s in the front!

Users who are viewing this thread