Ford Ranger Configurator - Build & Price

Voltwings

Established Member
Aren't Tacoma's getting long in the tooth? All they've had in 13 years is an engine change as far as I know.

I honestly prefer the look of the Tacoma to my Colorado, but long in the tooth is the exact reason I didn't get one.

This is all off the top of my head so i may misquote some here and there, but My Colorado has like 50 more hp, like 1500-2000 lbs more towing, 500 someought lbs more payload, 2-4 more MPG ... it literally beat the Tacoma in every quantifiable metric.
If the Tacoma had an engine / transmission ... Hell, I honestly don't even like my 8 speed so just an engine on par with the Colorado, I'd be driving that instead.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I built a new Ranger and it came out to a hair under $47k.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
That's only 14k less than the sticker on my 2018 Raptor. Too high IMO for a little truck.

Agreed even the XLT I optioned out was 40k and some change. While I like it, at that point it’s F-150 for me. I used to tell people when I worked at a Ford dealer years ago. The only Rangers that really sold well we’re strippers, 4cyl, manual, single cab, short box. For work trucks. Once you got an FX4 or 4wd for that matter with the 4.0L well optioned you could get into a F-150 with not a lot of options but still more would go F-150.

What’s a fully loaded Tacoma go for 35K? I feel like 35-38K should be around top dollar for a Ranger if it’s fully loaded to the gills jmho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M91196

Established Member
Damn that’s expensive.
My 99 ranger loaded was 22 sticker. I paid 30K for a 16 F150. Just feels like 47k is not a sustainable business but obviously what do I know.
Tacoma with a refresh would be a winner, they are the only ones left using a C channel frame........at least they learned.

bigmoose

Established Member
I priced out a super crew 4x4 XLT with the 302A package and FX4 and it came to $40k. I like the truck but I'd need 7-8k off that to even consider it. Considering I bought my loaded explorer sport for a hair over $40k, this thing is overpriced.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Agreed even the XLT I optioned out was 40k and some change. While I like it, at that point it’s F-150 for me. I used to tell people when I worked at a Ford dealer years ago. The only Rangers that really sold well we’re strippers, 4cyl, manual, single cab, short box. For work trucks. Once you got an FX4 or 4wd for that matter with the 4.0L well optioned you could get into a F-150 with not a lot of options but still more would go F-150.

What’s a fully loaded Tacoma go for 35K? I feel like 35-38K should be around top dollar for a Ranger if it’s fully loaded to the gills jmho.

So I was a bit wrong.

A Ranger built to my spec can in at $45.7k which was a loaded Lariat with every option but not all accessories.

A Tacoma was $45k loaded out the same way.

Sent from Apache Driver’s Copilot Seat using the svtperformance.com mobile app

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You guys kill me.

Everyone on here: Here, let me spec out the most expensive Ranger I can, then compare it against a mildly optioned F-150 or low optioned Raptor, then say the Ranger is priced too high.

Hate to break it to you, Ford priced them right along with the competition, they will sell them.

Also, the MSRP is not what they'll sell for. So comparing the MSRP to what you could get a F-150 OTD for is asinine.

Just for giggles, here's a loaded F-150 I have coming in. I've had 13 customers come in this week wanting to see it.

upload_2018-8-15_8-39-57.png

Stanger00

Established Member
You guys kill me.

Just for giggles, here's a loaded F-150 I have coming in. I've had 13 customers come in this week wanting to see it.

View attachment 1508902

Maybe all these guys pay MSRP! Haha.

Platinums are pretty damn expensive. I got sticker shock.

The comparison of a Ranger Lariat 4x4 to F150 XLT 4x4 300a is hilarious.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
So I was a bit wrong.

A Ranger built to my spec can in at $45.7k which was a loaded Lariat with every option but not all accessories.

A Tacoma was $45k loaded out the same way.

I was as well didn’t know a fully optioned Taco was that much.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
You guys kill me.

Everyone on here: Here, let me spec out the most expensive Ranger I can, then compare it against a mildly optioned F-150 or low optioned Raptor, then say the Ranger is priced too high.

Hate to break it to you, Ford priced them right along with the competition, they will sell them.

Also, the MSRP is not what they'll sell for. So comparing the MSRP to what you could get a F-150 OTD for is asinine.

View attachment 1508902

Hell, the equivalent F150 optioned as I would want is $63k if I remember correctly and that is a Lariat.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
You guys kill me.

View attachment 1508902

I’m happy there bringing it back. I priced an XLT, 302A, Ranger with a bed liner, hitch, and 18” wheels. Came to 40 and some change. I believe Ford has XLT Sport 18 F-150s knocked from 51k down to 41K with incentives now.

Any speculation on Bronco pricing? Probably comparable with the Jeep? Are they gonna unveil it at Detroit?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hell, the equivalent F150 optioned as I would want is $63k if I remember correctly and that is a Lariat.

Yep, so $20k more.

I’m happy there bringing it back. I priced an XLT, 302A, Ranger with a bed liner, hitch, and 18” wheels. Came to 40 and some change. I believe Ford has XLT Sport 18 F-150s knocked from 51k down to 41K with incentives now.

Any speculation on Bronco pricing? Probably comparable with the Jeep? Are they gonna unveil it at Detroit?

Again, comparing MSRP to what you can buy one for.

I imagine Bronco's will be right on track with the Jeeps.

bigmoose

Established Member
Yep, so $20k more.

Again, comparing MSRP to what you can buy one for.

I imagine Bronco's will be right on track with the Jeeps.
So what do you think one with an MSRP of $40k would go for towards the end of the model year if they offer rebates? Could we see that dip under $35k?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So what do you think one with an MSRP of $40k would go for towards the end of the model year if they offer rebates? Could we see that dip under $35k?

Absolutely. I think there will be $3,000 mark up, $900 in holdback, and then up to $3,000 in rebates. So hypothetically you could buy a $40k Ranger for $34k or less.

Users who are viewing this thread