Ford Ranger Configurator - Build & Price

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Leverage works wonders on a notchy trans.

That said.. the mt82 in my 2014 GT shifted smoother and faster than the TR6060 in my 07 GT500.

I'd love a base model Ranger.. steel wheels, black bumpers and all.

I like mine color matched and get outta here with that MT nonsense. Everyone knows that tranny blows up on thr first shift

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Leverage works wonders on a notchy trans.

That said.. the mt82 in my 2014 GT shifted smoother and faster than the TR6060 in my 07 GT500.

I'd love a base model Ranger.. steel wheels, black bumpers and all.

I lucked out on my 2014 as well. However two of my buddies didn’t, one had a 14 and the other a 2015. I honestly think it boiled down to their no driving asses wrecking the mt82 box. The MT82 is a decent transmission, but does have some weak points regarding shift forks, shift stop, factory shifter and clutch assembly. You can’t shift it like a gorilla and expect it to keep working flawlessly.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I like mine color matched and get outta here with that MT nonsense. Everyone knows that tranny blows up on thr first shift

Your taste in base model trucks will improve once a few more gray hairs appear on your face and head.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
I lucked out on my 2014 as well. However two of my buddies didn’t, one had a 14 and the other a 2015. I honestly think it boiled down to their no driving asses wrecking the mt82 box. The MT82 is a decent transmission, but does have some weak points regarding shift forks, shift stop, factory shifter and clutch assembly. You can’t shift it like a gorilla and expect it to keep working flawlessly.

Dude you live in Houston. You probably never get past second gear in your car.

Users who are viewing this thread