Ford Ranger Configurator - Build & Price

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Considering I can get an STX FX4 5.0 10r80 2018 F150 with Sync 3 and center console for 37k OTD, sorry Ford. Yet again, midsize not setting itself apart cost wise from the full size. Least I can tow with substance in the full size.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
7.3L Godzilla or bust. lol

Sounds like a decent start to a Gen 3 L to me.

Considering I can get an STX FX4 5.0 10r80 2018 F150 with Sync 3 and center console for 37k OTD, sorry Ford. Yet again, midsize not setting itself apart cost wise from the full size. Least I can tow with substance in the full size.

Yep. That's why I recommended to Ford they make the Ranger different in many more ways than size to the F-150. They didn't listen.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Too bad. I wish they would have.

If I don't go full size, i'd buy a new Tacoma.

At this point I'm likely to end up with one of these (just need a "Farm Use" tag):

6000000011.jpg

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Seems like a nice truck.

I'll wait for the Raptor version to come out before I decide that it's not a financially responsible thing for me to get one lol.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t care for the motor in the current tacos or any other mid sized truck for that matter. There isn’t enough of a price differential to even consider a mid sized truck for me anyways.

Same. My only hope would be that the Ranger Raptor could fit on the smaller Jeep width trails better than the fullsize Raptor.

Tractorman

Greatest dad; Regional Qualifier
Established Member
Well that's what top end Colorado's are going for and they can't keep enough on the lots it seems, and they have almost no rebates last I looked.

Voltwings

Established Member
I bought a Colorado and am interested in the Ranger, just to see what it has to offer. I bought a Colorado because an F-150 or Silverado with the same or better equipment cost way more.

I have a 2017 v6 Z71 Colorado that stickered for 42k, but with my wife being a teacher, end of year sales, rebates, etc... I was out the door for closer to 34k. Now, my truck is not worth 42k, but for the basically bare bones + 4x4 + 2.7EB Ford was trying to sell me for 37k, the Colorado is equipped a hell of a lot better. Same goes for the Silverado.

My Colorado is rated at 7000 lbs towing with the 316 hp v6 and 8 speed - 5000 standard and 7000 with a weight distribution hitch. The 2.8L diesel + 6 speed Colorado is rated at 7800 lbs. The Ranger being the only turbo truck in the segment is interesting, because i'm going to be shocked if it hits over 300 hp on 87, and bet your ass when every other car in the segment is a v6 running on 87 a 4 cylinder requiring 93 will be a serious discussion point. That being said, that engine pimped out on 93 may very well be able to tow 7000+ lbs. We'll just have to see.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Same. My only hope would be that the Ranger Raptor could fit on the smaller Jeep width trails better than the fullsize Raptor.
Youll probably want to wait for the Bronco then, unless you really want a pickup. The CC bed seems a bit... small. 5ft though so I guess they wanted to keep a minimum # of frame styles they had to produce.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I bought a Colorado and am interested in the Ranger, just to see what it has to offer. I bought a Colorado because an F-150 or Silverado with the same or better equipment cost way more.

I have a 2017 v6 Z71 Colorado that stickered for 42k, but with my wife being a teacher, end of year sales, rebates, etc... I was out the door for closer to 34k. Now, my truck is not worth 42k, but for the basically bare bones + 4x4 + 2.7EB Ford was trying to sell me for 37k, the Colorado is equipped a hell of a lot better. Same goes for the Silverado.

My Colorado is rated at 7000 lbs towing with the 316 hp v6 and 8 speed - 5000 standard and 7000 with a weight distribution hitch. The 2.8L diesel + 6 speed Colorado is rated at 7800 lbs. The Ranger being the only turbo truck in the segment is interesting, because i'm going to be shocked if it hits over 300 hp on 87, and bet your ass when every other car in the segment is a v6 running on 87 a 4 cylinder requiring 93 will be a serious discussion point. That being said, that engine pimped out on 93 may very well be able to tow 7000+ lbs. We'll just have to see.
That's a good point.

I never considered octane requirements in something like this. Buyers in this market would definitely take it into consideration.

IIRC, the Mustang can run on 87, so if this is a detuned version, it may be able to as well.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Nope. They hardley rebate the gm twins and you are fortunate enough to get a tacoma at msrp

Honestly surprised GM doesn’t discount the Colorado like their full size trucks... that Colorado is the ugliest damn truck, can’t believe folks pay sticker for them. The taco I get, looks good and has a cult following, Toyota will get what they ask.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Honestly surprised GM doesn’t discount the Colorado like their full size trucks... that Colorado is the ugliest damn truck, can’t believe folks pay sticker for them. The taco I get, looks good and has a cult following, Toyota will get what they ask.

18’s are on discount now Tacos that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
18’s are on discount now Tacos that is.

The pink ones? Or.. ohhhh the Toyota Tacos... got it. :D

That's the issue I see with the Rubicon. There has been next to no competition with it for, what 10 years now at least? Unless these Rangers and the Bronco are heads and shoulders superior to the Wrangler and cut into Wrangler sales, we'll never see a rebate on them.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
**** I just built and spec’ed a XLT Sport 302A package etc went to $40K and some change.

96 cobra

Established Member
When I bought my '16 tacoma new, toyota took $1,500 off MSRP now it's around twice that at least, except the Pro.
Curious on what Ford does with the ranger pricing after a few months...

Tractorman

Greatest dad; Regional Qualifier
Established Member
Aren't Tacoma's getting long in the tooth? All they've had in 13 years is an engine change as far as I know.

Users who are viewing this thread