Ford Outsells TOYOTA(!!!) for the Month of April!!

o2k

Noob
Established Member
I don't think I'll ever get into another Ford until the new Taurus SHO comes out.

Robert Francis

Established Member
I thlnk the Ford "Flex" is kind of a boring looking vehicle - but I see more of them in my area all the time. If I was still a family guy with several young kids, I'd be looking at one!

Robotech

Established Member
I use to be a die hard Ford person but have since switched over to GM. (I know, I know...but Ford is a close second...) Anyway, while I still love the new G8 and wish that GM could get out of its own way I will say that I would rather see Ford or Chrysler ahead of any of the import brands anyday. Congrats Ford for outselling Toyota!

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
If you want to see what Ford's new quality looks like then I suggest going and checaing out the new Platinum F150. My jaw just about hit the ground when I checked out a black one with the dark saddle leather yesterday. It's the nicest truck on the market.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
If you want to see what Ford's new quality looks like then I suggest going and checaing out the new Platinum F150. My jaw just about hit the ground when I checked out a black one with the dark saddle leather yesterday. It's the nicest truck on the market.

*** must .... resist ....urge ....to ....trade .... in ...FX4 .... ****

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member

Haha, well the 50k price tag should be a good deterrent. When you think about it though you're getting a capable truck with luxury comparable to any midsize luxury car on the market so it's actually not that bad if that's what you're looking for.

gotwood

Established Member

I saw one yesterday at the dealership and it is by far the nicest truck available!:coolman:

2001gunmetalgt

Established Member
Good job ford!!!
BE AMERICAN, BUY AMERICAN!!!!!!!!

I notice alot of you saying Buy American GO FORD! I am right there with you and I have this argument daily, I mean daily with my friends and co-workers. Unfortunatly, I am like 3 of 30 people and they all tell me I nuts and American cars are garbage and aren't reliable. I do the whole argument thing blah blah blah but they start pulling the "well your Ford isn't even made in America anymore but Mexico blah blah."

I tell them the whole union thing and they had no choice but put some plants outside but the company is still American with American engineers and thinkers. I tell them only some cars are assembled outside the country and most made here. They are like Honda and Toyota employ Americans and Ford puts plants in Mexico. I got to give it to Honda and Toyota, they really knew how to hit us deep with this marketing tactic of "Made here in the USA buy Honda now". People actually fall for that crap. It is still a Japanese company with all profits going to Honda motor company and only a small amount of American plant workers are getting employed.

It just really gets annoying that the majority of Americans cut down their own countries companies. It is like they can't wait till they collapse. It really seems to get to me. I dunno, I've never had any problems with my Ford's and even if I did I would still hope for American cars to outdo a foreign company. There is just so much history, iconic status, and depth to what Detroit has brought to this nation since the early 1900's. How could any American want our heritage like that to just go away?

I also noticed that when it comes to females they tend to always buy Honda or Toyota because they just listen to what their father or boyfriends tell them. It is like a never ending stero-type that all American cars are junk and will break down before 100,000miles. I am glad Ford is pulling through but I really doubt these majority of sheep Americans will ever get rid of their precious Honda's for a Ford.

I also have a question for many people who doubt American cars as being iconic/greater history. Why do I, on a weekly basis, see people spend the money and take the time to fully restore 1950s-1960s older American trucks, sports cars and sedans (old Chevy bel-airs, old Gto, old Chevy trucks, old 1932 Ford roadsters, old caddies)? Why do I never see any American take the time and money to restore a 1970s Honda Civic or a 1990 Honda Accord? You want to know why? Because American cars are classics. They are icons. They remind us of the past and how great this country is. Honda and Toyota will never have that status.

I want my son and his son to grow up with Mustangs, Camaros, Vettes, and Challengers. I want him to experience what all the men in my family did, muscle cars! If our companies go under this will really piss me off.

What do you tell people you argue with?

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I notice alot of you saying Buy American GO FORD! I am right there with you and I have this argument daily, I mean daily with my friends and co-workers. Unfortunatly, I am like 3 of 30 people and they all tell me I nuts and American cars are garbage and aren't reliable. I do the whole argument thing blah blah blah but they start pulling the "well your ford isn't even made in america anymore but mexico blah blah."

I tell them the whole union thing and they had no choice but put some plants outside but the company is still American with American engineers and thinkers.

It just really gets annoying that the majority of Americans cut down their own countries companies. It is like they can't wait till they collapse. It really seems to get to me. I dunno, I've never had any problems with my Ford's and even if I did I would still hope for American cars to outdo a foreign company. There is just so much history, iconic status, and depth to what Detroit has brought to this nation since the early 1900's. How could any American want our heritage like that to just go away?

Do your coworkers realize the role the automakers played in WW2? That alone I think deserves Americas gratitude for coming through in such a huge way by providing for our military.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
Do your coworkers realize the role the automakers played in WW2? That alone I think deserves Americas gratitude for coming through in such a huge way by providing for our military.

unfortunately nobody gives a shit about our history. Hell there are WWII vets out buying toyotas and hondas. How soon we forget.
Maybe al-Qaeda will start building cars and all the sheep in this country will rush out to buy them.

2001gunmetalgt

Established Member

O yeah, I definatly tell them that. They're rebutle, "Duh, the American government made them, they had no choice."

I don't know people are really ticking me off. Calling Chrysler pure junk and how since they suck they can't wait until they go bankrupt. Do these people realize the effect of losing Chrysler, Ford and GM? What if we had a future war with some countries and Europe and Japan owned all of the industries. What would we do if it wasn't in their best interest to sell us anything? I think it is just pure idoicricy to let foreigners take over ones nation on a scale like that. I am all for capitalism but there comes a time when we need to keep our domestic industries intact.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
O yeah, I definatly tell them that. They're rebutle, "Duh, the American government made them, they had no choice."

I don't know people are really ticking me off. Calling Chrysler pure junk and how since they suck they can't wait until they go bankrupt. Do these people realize the effect of losing Chrysler, Ford and GM? What if we had a future war with some countries and Europe and Japan owned all of the industries. What would we do if it wasn't in their best interest to sell us anything? I think it is just pure idoicricy to let foreigners take over ones nation on a scale like that. I am all for capitalism but there comes a time when we need to keep our domestic industries intact.

It sounds like they aren't aware that Chrysler was the most profitable automaker until they were acquired by Daimler who ruined them and brought them to where they are today. I know there's a book on it but I forget what it's called. You could make them look pretty dumb if they start talking about how much they like Mercedes by bringing that acquisition up.

mellor_21

Established Member
mercedes was the death of chrysler :'( right when they were pickin up again too. those turbo four bangers of their's are nuts!

on a semi related note, GO FORD! god i wish i had some money for some stock!

Jroc

Established Member

x2.

I've been heavily debating trading my Cobra for one. I went and drove a new FX4 crew the other day. Very nice truck!

Also yes the Platium is a amazingly nice truck. When you sit in one you start to understand what the magazines mean when they talk about the quality, and feel of the material. That thing is so upscaled that just touching the leather seats, steeringwheel, etc is like, "DAMN! Thats nice." Its like being in a highend Benz or something

Users who are viewing this thread