Ford Outsells TOYOTA(!!!) for the Month of April!!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
keep it up people.

anytime someone talks about a toyota or honda being better, ask them to sit in a ford of equal design. most people have no idea, and choose not to even step foot on the Ford lot just out of plain ignorance and media bias. I especially liked to rub it in when say, one of their cars (nissan, honduh, toyota) was in the shop, just go "dang, my car has 450 horsepower, and runs every day. And its a Ford. Your car has 180hp and cant get out of its own way, and its in the shop. Aint that somethin'?" hell even now another coworker was talking smack, said "you know you drive a mitsubishi right" i looked at him, his Titan was in the shop getting tranny fixed, and he drove his wifes, and i go "yeah, and i drove my car to work today. Wheres yours?"

Honduh and Toyota heard for years how awesome they were, so they stopped striving to be better. Once you hit the top you have nowhere else to go but down. Ford has been striving to be better since then, and has now taken the reins.

Sapperstang

Established Member
I would buy another Ford but trying to convince my wife. She claims she will never buy another American car. I told her Ford didn't take any bailout money. She is set on some new volvo car.

svt1.8t

JDM BUILT BADASS
Established Member
I would buy another Ford but trying to convince my wife. She claims she will never buy another American car. I told her Ford didn't take any bailout money. She is set on some new volvo car.

Ford owns Volvo so its not that bad. I went on the april 30th with my mother in law and got her a new Edge, they are really nice. I'm thinking about getting the Edge sport or Flex limited for a company car(I get a new one this month).

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
Ford owns Volvo so its not that bad. I went on the april 30th with my mother in law and got her a new Edge, they are really nice. I'm thinking about getting the Edge sport or Flex limited for a company car(I get a new one this month).

Edge sport is badass... although i wish they put bigger disks on it cuz they just look so small with the 22s on it(too bad its 42k).. Also the new Adrenaline... KICKS ASS!!!!

Anyways, working for ford and driving them and lincoln/mercury/ford all day.. i can say that including myself and everyone i work with agreed that thier cars for 2010 really surpassed 2009 as far as quality.. The interiors are better, exteriors look awesome(BTW all lincolns will now have the MKS front end), and the ride quality is much better..
And every ford dealer has 09s left, so wait a little bit longer till they all get more 2010s in then go buy an 09 to get a better deal(just my opinion)..
Also that end of the month thing is balogna.. doesnt really make a difference..

But this is news to me!!! this ****in kicks ass!!!!!:beer: ima go post this all over the dealership!!!! :rockon:

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
A major reason for Fords April sales was the Fusion - at over 18k sales, it had it's best month ever!

Yep. The Fusion is getting great reviews, so I think this momentum will hold up...especially considering Chrysler and GM's sales are about to plummet 50% or more for the rest of the year. There will be a massive influx of domestic buyers in the market who aren't

New products (that don't suck) always drive sales way up. Ford has a GREAT product in the Fusion getting tons of great press lately. Just as that momentum for the Fusion starts to level off, the best full-size sedan from any non-luxury automaker in the world will be released in the Taurus. That will be a huge hit. Once the Taurus momentum levels off, we'll have the Fiesta, which is currently the best selling car in Europe.

Ford is one of the best stories around. It's unbelievable what they've done in the last 3 years. :rockon:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I remember about 2 years ago when they were expecting GM and Chrysler to be the one's to restructure and pull through while it was all doom and gloom for Ford. Those tables sure turned around fast!

Jroc

Established Member
I honestly feel Toyota is behind Ford interms of quality. My bosses 08 Tundra can't compare with the F150 FX4 I drove yesterday other than in a drag race. Still Fords motor makes 80% of its torque at 2000 rpms which the Tundra's does not, and thats good for vehicles intended for working like pulling boats out of the water. The interior, ride, comfort, constuction, build quality, features, quietiness, etc are all easily better in the Ford.

I think Toyota makes a good car, but alot of what peoples opinions are based on them about is riding some 15 to 20 year old hype.

I work with a guy who owns a I think 02 Lexus ES300 with a v6, and not alot of miles on it, and he's having bad slug problems with it, and will probably have to buy a reman for it.

Props to Ford BTW!

Last edited:

5point0guy

Established Member
That's awesome, Ford FTMFW!! The lineup keeps getting better and better and now this, it's good to see an American car company out-sell the "almighty" Toyota. I get sick and tired of hearing people talk about buying Toyotas and not even consider another car because of Toyotas reputation. I can't believe how many suckers I see everyday driving a new Corolla or Camry, they are such boring cars and they make you blend in with everyone else. But I guess that's what they want. Screw 'em! I'll be driving a Ford forever!

gotwood

Established Member
Way to go Ford! This has me now considering a 09' flex for a company vehicle instead of a Honda Pilot. I went to the dealership Sunday just to window shop while they were closed and I have to say that the new F-150, Flex and Edge are well ahead of eveyone else. The quality is certainly there as well as the styling. The Flex is a nice alternative to a mini van and seems to get good gas milage for its size. I drive about 45-50k miles a year, so reliability is a huge issue! We shall see.

Last edited:

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
It woul be awesome to have a good reputation for american cars, or atleast Ford. I still get crap even today for riding around in my focus. I get great gas mileage and its a trouble free car. I payed so little for it too! Ford > nissan, honda, toyota

Users who are viewing this thread