Ford Focus RS confirmed

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
lol ive driven, tuned, and built several 400-500 whp front wheel drive cars. 325 at the crank is laughable, so again... based on what?

Drag racing - Yes, absolutely useless.
Roll racing - will be very competitive
Road course - hard to say, will depend on if it has a real Diff and not that E-diff crap like the Focus ST. I've literally seen their brakes catch on fire with that nonsense.

Don't get me wrong, i love the idea of an AWD badass turbo focus. I wouldn't rule out 300 hp as "too much" for a FWD though, that's just silly.

Doesn't Ford have the RevoKnuckle front suspension design? I thought I read that it did wonders for torquey FWD applications like the previous-gen RS. I didn't hear any complaints about that one and it had a ~300 HP turbo I-5.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The benz you are talking about is an A45 and that is not coming to the state...We got the CLA45 and the UK got the A45 (hatchback)

Regardless, it will still compete with the car in Europe so I'm sure they'll take that into consideration since the RS is a European based car that we happen to be getting.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Doesn't Ford have the RevoKnuckle front suspension design? I thought I read that it did wonders for torquey FWD applications like the previous-gen RS. I didn't hear any complaints about that one and it had a ~300 HP turbo I-5.

They do and it's rumored to be carried over with this car as well along with the electronic torque vectoring. All of those components put together should make for a formidable platform.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
I'm waiting for the possibilty of the R400 coming to the states. Audi will have an S3 variant too.

The R400 will be priced a good bit higher than the RS so be prepared. I would love an auto option on this RS! Id dump the GTI in a sec for one ;) The power plant in the RS should take nicely to moar powers too...

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
Regardless, it will still compete with the car in Europe so I'm sure they'll take that into consideration since the RS is a European based car that we happen to be getting.

With dodge making its wave through the automotive world I wonder if it will stop riding the hellcat wave and throw it's hat into this ring and finally bring the SRT4 back with a dart version. I think that's all that would be needed to complete this segment of cars.

kaz109

Established Member
I love these!

this would be a car i would buy my son. Too bad he's only a few months old. I guess i will have to wait. lol.

Start him of right....find a E60 M5 with a man pedal and bubble wrap that thing till he is in HS lol

kaz109

Established Member
Looks bad ass IMO

20140824_210102_zps24e36d1a.jpg
[/URL]

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
I would get one. I sell Subarus for a living and the fact that they don't offer a hatch back just kills me. I need something fast, fun, has room, can be driven all year round, and 4 doors so I can get the little one in and out out. Gotta be all wheel drive though, if it's not I won't even consider it.

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
The R400 will be priced a good bit higher than the RS so be prepared. I would love an auto option on this RS! Id dump the GTI in a sec for one ;) The power plant in the RS should take nicely to moar powers too...

I have a '12 Focus with the auto and it sucks. Waiting on back ordered parts to rebuild it again. It has right at 70k. so I'm glad they extend the warranty cause at this point I keep waiting on the wife to have to call AAA for a tow.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I'd be surprised if they aren't benchmarking these cars or at least paying attention to what they are offering in their upcoming compact offering. MB just released their new compact that's basically a CLA in hatch form. That car comes with 345hp I believe so it's pretty obvious where the compact market is heading as everyone is stepping up their game. The good news is that RS already hit the 350hp threshold with the Focus RS500 so it would be an odd move for them to go lower on power this time.

I was excited to see what tuners were doing with the Ecoboost Mustang though because now we know what a tune only will do for the RS. 400+hp is just a tune away.

We get the CLA 45 and GLA 45. I think you're talking about the GLA45. It's a 50-60K vehicle dependent upon options.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Hopefully Ford steps up to the plate and offers AWD. It would make it a direct competitor to the new Golf R, but probably more powerful. With a price that will definitely be below $40k, I don't see anyone cross shopping an RS with an M2, CLA45, RS3, or any other luxury performance hatch. The price difference is way too big.

Wish they'd make it slightly longer as well, it'd be nice to have a tad more room in the cargo area like my WRX had.

I would get one. I sell Subarus for a living and the fact that they don't offer a hatch back just kills me. I need something fast, fun, has room, can be driven all year round, and 4 doors so I can get the little one in and out out. Gotta be all wheel drive though, if it's not I won't even consider it.

The decision to leave out the hatchback makes zero sense to me. Subaru is literally giving up half of their potential sales since the previous gen WRX was spec'd as a hatch 50% of the time. Crazy. I had a '12 hatch and would probably get a new one if they offered it. I test drove a '12 sedan and the trunk space is ridiculously small, not to mention the hump in the middle of it for the rear drivetrain.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I just hope if they do come out with orange its a darker one.

I really don't like tangerine scream or.whatever it is.

I like the deeper orange of comp... But well...

If its only tangerine then tangerine it is for me.

6.0GTO

Established Member

It will also likely be nicer in every way. More refined. More powerful with a better transmission. It is not like it is going to cost more and you are going to get anything in return. Audi's version of course will be even nicer.

Never_Enough

Established Member
I'm getting mixed info from different sources about it being FWD or AWD. If it's not AWD, it's going to be a failure. That is way too much power to the front wheels.

Yup. If they make it FWD, they can keep it. If they price is near $40k they can keep it.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
This is just wishful thinking but what if the RS got the magnetic dampers the GT350 is getting!

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
This news totally s----. Well, sort of. 350hp...AWD... lightweight, 4-door Focus with superior handling?

I'm looking for new plates for my favorite New Edge Cobra. "FOS-SIL".

Damn, kids today.

Love it...&...Hate it. In a good way.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i'm curious how quick it'll be on the track. i hope it's significantly faster than the STI... ...which isn't exactly faster than a 2011 V6 with a 114mph governor...
http://www.caranddriver.com/features/lightning-lap-2011-feature

BTW, if you guys want some laughs, check out the thread at NASIOC about this very topic...
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2110049
...those ****s are actually rationalizing that their $40+k 10+ year old tech car isn't even as quick around a road course as the base level $25-30k V6 mustang

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
i'm curious how quick it'll be on the track. i hope it's significantly faster than the STI... ...which isn't exactly faster than a 2011 V6 with a 114mph governor...
http://www.caranddriver.com/features/lightning-lap-2011-feature

BTW, if you guys want some laughs, check out the thread at NASIOC about this very topic...
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2110049
...those ****s are actually rationalizing that their $40+k 10+ year old tech car isn't even as quick around a road course as the base level $25-30k V6 mustang

I am confused.... Why are you comparing a 2011 to a likely 2016 Focus? That's the last generation STi.... The new one is much improved in every way and a much nicer car.

Users who are viewing this thread