Ford Focus RS confirmed

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
As a bonus we got a confirmation on the Raptor. All cool stuff coming! Seems like we are getting a lot of new performance cars all at once here.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
With an ST3 topping 30k, I will assume the RS will be at least 35k and 40k opt out. Will be in 5.0 territory.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
With an ST3 topping 30k, I will assume the RS will be at least 35k and 40k opt out. Will be in 5.0 territory.

I dont think anyone is cross shopping a 2dr RWD Mustang to a 4dr AWD Focus though. Two totally different beasts. Unless youre someone stupid like me that just looks at anything fast or anything with potential in $XXk price range.

AAG

Established Member
I'm getting mixed info from different sources about it being FWD or AWD. If it's not AWD, it's going to be a failure. That is way too much power to the front wheels.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I'm getting mixed info from different sources about it being FWD or AWD. If it's not AWD, it's going to be a failure. That is way too much power to the front wheels.

I don't think anyone knows for sure. Ford has been rumored to be working on a new performance oriented AWD system though and this would be a perfect start for it.

Voltwings

Established Member
lol ive driven, tuned, and built several 400-500 whp front wheel drive cars. 325 at the crank is laughable, so again... based on what?

Drag racing - Yes, absolutely useless.
Roll racing - will be very competitive
Road course - hard to say, will depend on if it has a real Diff and not that E-diff crap like the Focus ST. I've literally seen their brakes catch on fire with that nonsense.

Don't get me wrong, i love the idea of an AWD badass turbo focus. I wouldn't rule out 300 hp as "too much" for a FWD though, that's just silly.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
lol ive driven, tuned, and built several 400-500 whp front wheel drive cars. 325 at the crank is laughable, so again... based on what?

Drag racing - Yes, absolutely useless.
Roll racing - will be very competitive
Road course - hard to say, will depend on if it has a real Diff and not that E-diff crap like the Focus ST. I've literally seen their brakes catch on fire with that nonsense.

Don't get me wrong, i love the idea of an AWD badass turbo focus. I wouldn't rule out 300 hp as "too much" for a FWD though, that's just silly.

Having also driven/built and tuned numerous high HP FWD 4cyl's, 350+ in FWD is ****ing retarded for anything else but high speed roll racing. Even with the best LSD and tire, you still struggle to get traction when peak torque hits and its spin city.

Again, physics.

Voltwings

Established Member
Not if tuned properly lol. I tuned my car to have 475 whp @ 7000 rpms, and a peak torque of 375 at 4400 rpms. On 255 Falken Azenis 615ks that thing could corner just fine like it was no ones business. There's also more to driving than treating the throttle like and on/off switch, ask any high hp RWD car that has ended up in a ditch when its ass end swung around; Power delivery > Power numbers. I'm not going to argue this with you, because that's not the point of this thread, but given my experiences i disagree that 300 crank is too much for a fwd car. I will repeat myself however, that i would like to see it with AWD.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Exactly why I kept my ST bone stock for so long, I knew the RS was headed here sooner or later.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
What color you thinking? I'll most likely get black unless unless they offer something else that looks really good.

I really like the Performance Blue on my ST. All my other cars have been grey or silver. The charcoal grey on the 2015 ST is pretty sweet. Might be between the two. Unless I can get into a GT350...

Users who are viewing this thread