Ford canceling plans for $1.6 billion plant in Mexico, investing $700 million in Michigan expansion

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
You have to love this. Keeping capital investment and jobs here in the US. And the fact that it is with a company as large as Ford is a bonus.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Certain people are still complaining about this kind of stuff here in America. I am convinced people want to be slaughtered sheep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Things to note:
1. Focus is still leaving the Michigan plant and will still be built in Mexico at Hermosillo.
2. Ecosport will still be imported from India
3. MKC will still move to Mexico after the next refresh
4. The investment into FRAP is about $700M. To put that number in perspective, the paint booth section of the Wixom plant cost $300M. This isn't an expansion in capacity...

Never_Enough

Established Member
They stayed because they got enough kick backs to make it worth it. Guess who that burden gets passed to...us.

nxhappy

Established Member
it's a small start....but hey, Obummer never did that shit

2000gt4.6

Established Member
They stayed because they got enough kick backs to make it worth it. Guess who that burden gets passed to...us.

This logic blows my mind. Jobs were going to leave, along with the massive support machine (tons of smaller businesses that support a plant like this).
Now Ford will pay less in tax than before. Nobody is giving them money, the government is taking less. And on top of that all these jobs and businesses continue to pay tax.

Loose a little to gain alot, or just loose it all? Comeon.

Never_Enough

Established Member
So you're privy to the details of the whole thing? Do you work for the gov't or Ford?

Anyway, Ford came out saying it was not because of Trump.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member

So you would rather have people on unemployment than a business with a possible tax break providing jobs here in America for Americans?

Got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
So you're privy to the details of the whole thing? Do you work for the gov't or Ford?

Ford did come out saying it was due in part to upcoming policy changes, i.e. Trump. Why would you be worried about chump change even if they received subsidies, which I highly doubt that involves, when the government pisses away trillions on foreign aid and welfare assistance programs?

2000gt4.6

Established Member

It literally does not matter what the details are.

Let's imagine an insane deal (never gonna happen) where the gov agrees that Ford never pays another cent in taxes for that plant. It's still a win, due to the employee taxes, supporting businesses, and all the money the employees spend locally and nationally which is more revenue.

There is no situation where they can "give up" to much. It's not like the gov is writing a check to Ford... If there was a deal, it's that Ford has to write smaller (or no) checks to the government.

Libs want to act like the factory being there at all is somehow costing the taxpayer money. You can either give up some money you've been stealing at gunpoint from the company, or give up all of it. Which do you choose?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
People point to incentives adding to deficits. Why do we have deficits in the first place? Its not Fords fault. Its our governments fault. The government needs to learn to work within a budget.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I think it's funny that there hasn't been the typical stock market drop we see with a new president coming in that is not part of the incumbent party. It'll be interesting to see how the party insiders react if Trumps policies have a positive effect.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
That's great news for America. Hopefully we see more businesses, both large and small, follow suit.
Yes, I agree!!

I think it's funny that there hasn't been the typical stock market drop we see with a new president coming in that is not part of the incumbent party. It'll be interesting to see how the party insiders react if Trumps policies have a positive effect.
Very true. Market has been doing well ever since the election. It's been down some days, but for the most part, it's been on the upside. Let's hope it's a continued trend!

krhonn

Established Member
If I'm not mistaken I had recently read an article at work (Subaru) stating that the average auto manufacturing wage is around $5.50 an hour in Mexico. That information came from our VP. I give props for Ford staying. For those that don't think they'll get a tax break you're crazy!

Never_Enough

Established Member
It literally does not matter what the details are.

Let's imagine an insane deal (never gonna happen) where the gov agrees that Ford never pays another cent in taxes for that plant. It's still a win, due to the employee taxes, supporting businesses, and all the money the employees spend locally and nationally which is more revenue.

There is no situation where they can "give up" to much. It's not like the gov is writing a check to Ford... If there was a deal, it's that Ford has to write smaller (or no) checks to the government.

Libs want to act like the factory being there at all is somehow costing the taxpayer money. You can either give up some money you've been stealing at gunpoint from the company, or give up all of it. Which do you choose?
We can agree to disagree. It certainly does matter what the details are IMO.

I guess I hate America.

2000gt4.6

Established Member

I guess I hate America.

I guess I hate America.

I would be interested in a scenario you can come up with that would be unacceptable. I literally cannot think of one other than the government literally writing them a check for an insane mount of money.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member

I guess I hate America.

Seems that way.

Americans that remain employed or gain employment are earning and spending their money here. That means they are paying income taxes here. They pay sales taxes here. They are spending money in their communities, keeping other businesses open so they can in turn keep people employed and offer more employment to people that pay income taxes and spend their money here. And the cycle continues. People standing in the unemployment line, especially in economically struggling areas like Detroit, do more detriment to this country than any tax incentive deal that was made to keep said folks out of the unemployment line.

If you want to whine about retaining and adding jobs in this country because of some possible insignificant tax breaks, I would say that you do hate America.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Seems that way.

If you want to whine about retaining and adding jobs in this country because of some possible insignificant tax breaks, I would say that you do hate America.
Yes, that's what I'm doing. Smh. Have a good one!

Users who are viewing this thread