For the Anti-gun crew..... CCW SAVED MY LIFE

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
true, but shoulder rigs are somewhat impractical here in TX, since they require a coat and well its Texas and there is only like a month here you need a coat lol. ranges here won't allow shoulder holster rigs to be worn.

I don't think I will ever wear one. I haven't carried much, but I worked graveyard at a 24 hour firework stand and carried a Kimber 1911 in a holster inside my belt at the small of my back. Nobody knew except for one homeless drunk that stumbled out of the woods at 4 am one day and a leo that stopped by every night. It was comfortable and right about where my wallet would be when I pulled it out to hand it over. ;-)

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Thanks, I just got done making my appt. to take the course tomorrow for my brother and myself.
Figured it was time to stop putting it off.

Great story.

txyaloo

Established Member
Magazines people NOT clips

I wish TX was an Open Carry state. :(

I don't. Open carry means you're the first person targeted when something goes down. I'd much rather have something concealed well.

armpit holster. easy to get to in an emergency. annoying at first but you get used to it.

I'm not a fan of shoulder rigs in most situations. They're bulky, print easily, and next to impossible to remove the weapon inconspicuously. IWB in the small of back is IMO the best way to carry concealed.

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
I don't. Open carry means you're the first person targeted when something goes down. I'd much rather have something concealed well.
I'm not a fan of shoulder rigs in most situations. They're bulky, print easily, and next to impossible to remove the weapon inconspicuously. IWB in the small of back is IMO the best way to carry concealed.

true there are pros and cons to each, i can definately se you point though.

+1 on the shoulder rig, SOB is not very comfy if you are sitting for extended periods of time or so I have been told by everyone that has one but if you are standing for a long time i've been told its the most comfortable carry position.

Dusten

Established Member
true there are pros and cons to each, i can definately se you point though.

+1 on the shoulder rig, SOB is not very comfy if you are sitting for extended periods of time or so I have been told by everyone that has one but if you are standing for a long time i've been told its the most comfortable carry position.

I carry my G23 IWB just behind my right hip, so its not completely in the SOB, but close. I have no problems driving around that way, or with comfort when standing or walking. I think that comes down to the holster, and the size of the weapon. the few times i have carried my G21 in the SOB, i cant even sit down with it.

94five0

*Click*
Established Member
good story, glad youre ok. i have to say i'm not sure how i would've handled that. I always carry but i've never had to draw down on anybody..save for a wayfaring rattlesnake. CCW FTMFW!:beer:

SVT8U

Established Member
Glad everything worked out for you OP, that has to be a pretty emotional situation. I do have one question though about your refusing to be a victim. If one of them had appraoched you with gun drawn, and asked for your watch/wallet/cellphone whatever, would you have still tried to make a move for your gun? Or if you had not taken the gun out of the glovebox, would you have tried to unarm the attacker isntead of just handing over your stuff?

yes. Im very much agianst people, especially scum like that, taking things from me. I wont go down without a fight

I will be buying a gun this week, not sure what kind, but I have had my mind set on it for a while, this just pushed me over, I will posts pics to prove no BS.

thats kinda the reason for me posting this... to make you guys think 'it could happen to me' because it can. Know your local laws, know your rights, know your weapon and know YOUR abilities. Dont go into CCW half assed man, do it right :beer:

Racist? You know, it seems today that whenever the truth is spoken, you run the risk of being labeled as a racist. Big damn deal. Call me what you wish but under these circumstances I wont be labeled as a pansy that simply gives into intimidation, regardless of your damn almighty race, creed, or sexual preference. There are willing victims and there are unwilling victims. I too choose to be of the unwilling category. Give them what YOU wish, they're gonna have to work to take anything that is mine. It's all about choices Skippy. If they choose to "thug" me, it may come with life altering consequences. I'm willing to accept the responsibility that it may indeed be me that pays the price, BUT... it wont be because I simply whimpered and surrendered. The key element is being prepared, and the original poster had his ducks in a row when he had the presence of mind to arm himself. My hat is off to him for not shooting them as they fled. Never being in that situation, I hope that I would have shown the same willpower in not firing as they slithered back into the darkness. Some folks just need to "MAN UP".
ANGUS99

MY NAME IS DAN PRATER AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE :rockon::rockon::rockon:

KJS1820

Established Member
Gives me chills reading this! I have a permit to carry and hardley ever do but reading this makes me want to start! Never know when you will need it! Glad everthing worked out and you didn't have to pull the trigger! (lawyer fees court bs) I pulled my shot gun on some punk looking for stereo stuff in my mustang 15 years ago! He got the raw end of the deal when My Rottweiler attacked, my pointer pretty much watched but he eventually got away when I called them off! Glad it all worked out!!! Guns do save lives!!

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member
yes. Im very much agianst people, especially scum like that, taking things from me. I wont go down without a fight

I understand that, and agree. I just wasn't sure if you would still initiate the fight if you thought it decreased your chances of surviving.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

+1

I have a shoulder holster for my DE just so I don't have to carry it in the case and it's really uncomfortable to wear unless you're wearing something thick. Plus it's pretty hard to pull out since it's so heavy and settles into the holster tightly. Smaller guns like a 1911 may be better but It just seems more practical to wear on the hip.

Also, if you're wearing a loose shirt holsters will tug down on that side, and it's nearly impossible to get your shirt to look right.

Like someone said there's no way to really practice drawing and shooting from a holster because ranges won't allow you to carry it in the holster. Trying to draw it you'd be pointing it in directions that are not down range, very dangerous to others around you.

Last edited:

95PGTTech

Established Member

I'm always afraid of shooting myself in the ass.
If you practice with the shoulder rig, or armpit holster, or danny glover, or whatever you want to call it lol, enough, it becomes one smooth motion. I'm right handed, so I turn my body a few degrees to my left sharply, reach with right, unclip, right hand out, left under as I come to a knee. I don't like the way the small of my back puts me in a shooting position. If I'm in a 4v1 situation, the first three rounds need to be kill shots, and I might have enough time to decide where to go with the fourth. In that situation, you have to get the numbers as close to even as soon as possible.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
I had to use my firearm the first month I had my CCW permit in philly. I had a knife pulled on me outside of a bar by a heavily intoxicated guy. He was crying like a bitch when looking down the barrel of a S&W. If I didn't have it I would most likey have suffered some knife wombs.

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
I had to use my firearm the first month I had my CCW permit in philly. I had a knife pulled on me outside of a bar by a heavily intoxicated guy. He was crying like a bitch when looking down the barrel of a S&W. If I didn't have it I would most likey have suffered some knife wombs.
Wow, giving birth to a knife would suck! Almost as bad as having a knife wound. :poke:

Just messing with you, man. We know what you meant. :beer:

dougwg

Established Member
You guys win....and you convinced me I'm going to get a gun tomorrow so I can feel safe.
Thats just it. We don't want to FEEL safe, we want to BE safe.
You have shown me enough and I refuse to read anymore of your drivel.

I wish more people would use the ignore feature on this message board. 61mmstang94 = ignored

85FourEyedGT

I AM HOOK!
Established Member
damn, so i guess i cant get my ccw where i live(oakland) which is where i would truly need it, but at least i can get it here in San Diego

o well, guess ill have to figure somehting out!

maybe carry it in the trunk unloaded but grab it when im in the OP's situation-stranded in a really bad area

Users who are viewing this thread