For the Anti-gun crew..... CCW SAVED MY LIFE

SVT8U

Established Member
we were talking about it in another thread and didnt want to whore that one, so here we are.

A little backround, this happened to me a couple of months ago in the city of st louis.

leaving lacledes landing (that is the big neighborhood everyone goes to party/club etc in STL) around 2am I get a flat. I was on I-70west and pulled over the first or second exit after leaving the landing. I stoped like 20 yards off the interstate on the edge of the offramp because the neighborhood off the exit looked pretty bad. (that neighborhood is an industrial area and there were vacant buildings... its a bad part of the city) Not sure what the name of the exit is.

Im sitting on the ground with a pocket flashlight in my mouth working on getting the lugs undune. I had been there maybe 5 minutes. I had my back to traffic and everything else but I was turning around every 30 sec or so to make sure no one was around. Thankfully I took my gun out of the glovebox and had it in the waistband of my shorts (small of back). I normally dont mind the city and never had a problem. I went to college and our campus was in a less than desireable area. I felt very uneasy about it and I was by myself... thank god i let my paranoia win and took my gun out of the glovebox.

Im not sure where they came from, but 4 black guys are suddenly behind me and one of em says 'GIMME WATCHA GOT'

(my DD is a Hona Element, so sitting on the ground in the dark they may have though it would be a woman or a dork driving that car instead of a big country white guy)

I stand up with my palms out saying 'ok ok ok ok' and was acting like I was gonna reach and give em my wallet. They were all kinda jumping and looking over at traffic to make sure no one was stopping. We were about a foot more than arms length away, I drew and put my gun in the closest ones face and said 'Sorry thats not gonna happen' and no sooner than I sad that one of em mumbled 'he got a GUNNN' and all 4 of them were on their heels and running. I wish I couldve thought of something clever or insulting to say, or even called em a bad name or 2, but those were the only words I could force past my stomach which was convieniently lodged in my throat by that time.

They hopped the fence next to the ramp and took off through a parking lot/industrial area.

Thank god I remained calm and kept a level tone/head. Bricks were for sure being shat in my pants and im thankful I hid it well.

Im unsure if they were armed, or if they just planned on jumping me, but there is NO way im gonna let that happen without a fight. I will not be a victim. I would tried killing them all with a tire tool or gone down swinging, you can bet on that. Thank god I took the gun out of the glovebox and had it on me so it didnt have to escalate to that. 4on 1 odds arent good, and they werent exactly midgets so I dont like those odds. I wouldve started fighting, got whooped or shanked or worse. Thank GOD for Glock 23 :rockon:

I called 911 told them what happened... attempted robbery, gun drawn and then they fled and what mile marker exit i was at. 25 min later when I finally got done no cops had shown up or driven by. wtf?

Thankfully a friend of mine from the local mustang board was coming back from midnight madness (at the local dragstrip 10 min away) and pulled up about 10-15 min after they left. Thank goodness because it turns out my jack was ****ed up and i was able to use his. He held my gun and watched my back for me while I changed it.

man... I was wiggin the **** out. Ive never pointed a gun at something that didnt have a hunting season with intent to kill it.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Glad everything worked out for the best. Not too often do you hear stories of the 'victim' having a gun and not the robber.

mikes93cobra

Established Member
only thing that sux is u werent allowed to shoot them because theyre probably going to mug someone else who isnt packing, maybe do something even worse. Glad to hear you are ok and were able to stand up for yourself.

SVT8U

Established Member
If I pull it, someone's gonna get shot.

if someone else had told me this story, I was always the guy that would say that, or say 'you shoulda shot em in the ass while they ran or turned his face to meatloaf or call them the n word' or something.

I can say from experience that your outlook is a little different when your finger is on the trigger and the shit gets real.

Now if they would have made any move other than shitting themselves and running away.... one wouldve been gone with a headshot, and ive got 13 chances to make sure the other 3 decide never to try and rob someone agian.

They recently changed the laws in MO regarding personal defense in regards to deadly force. I know my rights, and I know id have not went to prison for that. 4 on 1 at 2 am in the inner city, attempted robbery, I call that fearing for my life. I know id be found innocent, but id still be in jail until they get it all sorted out.

all im saying is you might sing a different song when it happens to you and ALL of this goes through your head in a split second and you realize what youre about to do.

Would I have shot? absolutely. Only as a last resort though. Thankfully it didnt come to that

SVT8U

Established Member
only thing that sux is u werent allowed to shoot them because theyre probably going to mug someone else who isnt packing, maybe do something even worse. Glad to hear you are ok and were able to stand up for yourself.

I agree with you man. I can only watch my own back though. I believe everyone should exercise theri right to carry. the 99,999 times you dont need it and it may be inconvienient, will be far out weighed by that one time you do and you get to go home because of it :beer:

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Great story. I'm waiting on my application to go through. I should be getting it any week now.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
This is SVTP, where is the part where you shot him in the face?

Just kidding, really good story man, now go buy a can of fix a flat.

firedog90

Established Member
good call

"better to be judged by 12 then carried by 6"

+1

I always have an H&K USP .45 Tactical and a Springfield XD 9mm in the car with me wherever I go. They're always at arms length. I just ordered the new Glock 30SF for my concealed carry but I'll still have 1 other in the car. My friend almost got carjacked at gun point by some Crips. He ended up getting away with his car but ever since then I don't go anywhere without one gun.
2 to the chest, 1 to the head.

SVT8U

Established Member
Great story. I'm waiting on my application to go through. I should be getting it any week now.

In my state you can legally carry a concealed firearm in your car.

It cant be loaded and on the seat or the dash, but you can legally carry it in the glovebox or anwhere its not in plain sight. I didnt have my license when this happened.

Outside of the car when I was carrying I wasnt legal, but I was more worried about safety than legality. If a cop woulve shown out the gun woulve ben unloaded and in pieces on the ground before he even stopped his car. Apparently it wasnt a big issue for STLPD anyway :bored:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Good read, going for my permit next month! Things are alot tougher here in Ma. though about CCW.

864svt