Flowmasters dont make power huh??????

adamb258

Established Member
i had flows(welded into and slp catback) and prochamber and lvoed it but wanted it louder so i cut them out and put in the LMI's. I miss th soudn sometimes but I liek it really loud. i have the 2.5" super 40's if anyone wants em'. They were cut off so they will have to be welded in.

tankerman1981

Established Member
Like said before... if I had the money I would go with the borla stingers... just my opinion but I do like my Maggies to be honest.... I've heard... SLP, Flows, Bassani, Borla, and Magnaflow and my chose would have been the Stingers if I ahd the money but settled for the Maggies... still love the sound though of my Maggies not too loud and definately not quiet....

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
Does the 3in Catback really make that significant a difference in power vs the 2.5in Catbacks? Personally, I'm thinking it might make a difference in sound but not sure about any gains in HP if you were to take two identical cars and dyno one with a 3in catback and the other a 2.5in catback.

Not to mention almost everyone runs the stock H-pipe or an aftermarket Mid pipe of no more than 2.5in diameter anyway.. So mating a 3in catback to a 2.5 Mid pipe would defeat any gains right?

Just curious..

B.

Last edited:

8URZ-28

Boost Freak
Established Member
HPCobra04 said:
Yeah my exhaust is real quiet :shrug: . I promise you if i had the original 40's and not the supers, you'd change your tune. :thumbsup:
I used to be a fan of flowmaster. But now they are played out and there is so many better catbacks out. Flowmasters are deep but just to quiet for me, even the original 40's!

HPCobra04

Established Member
8URZ-28 said:
I used to be a fan of flowmaster. But now they are played out and there is so many better catbacks out. Flowmasters are deep but just to quiet for me, even the original 40's!

Like I said in an earlier post, thats why people are getting tired of flowmasters, many cars/trucks have them. Im just trying to prove that they do make power, At that dyno day another cobra was there with similar mods and borla catback and laid down 411 to the wheels, he doesnt have the canned tune from the pred like i do. I dont think that makes up for the almost 20 more hp. I understand completly where you are coming from though. I wish i could have your catback with the stock h. Im not paying 700 plus for exhaust that might give 1 or 2 more hp.

HPCobra04

Established Member
JAXCOBRA99 said:
Does the 3in Catback really make that significant a difference in power vs the 2.5in Catbacks? Personally, I'm thinking it might make a difference in sound but not sure about any gains in HP if you were to take two identical cars and dyno one with a 3in catback and the other a 2.5in catback.

Not to mention almost everyone runs the stock H-pipe or an aftermarket Mid pipe of no more than 2.5in diameter anyway.. So mating a 3in catback to a 2.5 Mid pipe would defeat any gains right?

Just curious..

B.
I really dont think too much difference. I think my supers made a difference more than anything. It just leads way to future mods that i might get.

8URZ-28

Boost Freak
Established Member
HPCobra04 said:
Like I said in an earlier post, thats why people are getting tired of flowmasters, many cars/trucks have them. Im just trying to prove that they do make power, At that dyno day another cobra was there with similar mods and borla catback and laid down 411 to the wheels, he doesnt have the canned tune from the pred like i do. I dont think that makes up for the almost 20 more hp. I understand completly where you are coming from though. I wish i could have your catback with the stock h. Im not paying 700 plus for exhaust that might give 1 or 2 more hp.

I agree with you, but in the same sense I have seen a couple cars in our shop benefit from switching from flowmaster to borla or slp by as much a 15-20hp. I have seen really significant gains on cars with ported or aftermarket blowers. But every car is different, no two cars perform the same.

HPCobra04

Established Member
8URZ-28 said:
I agree with you, but in the same sense I have seen a couple cars in our shop benefit from switching from flowmaster to borla or slp by as much a 15-20hp. I have seen really significant gains on cars with ported or aftermarket blowers. But every car is different, no two cars perform the same.
:beer:

rnaylor

howdy all Im new here and upgrading my 04 Cobra a bit, currently have Steeda cold air and flowmaster mufflers. Now am going to a 2.81 pulley with a tune, do I really need an x-pipe? great site guys, nice posts!

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
i would love to get that flowmaster 3in catback but money wont allow it right now. maybe if i sell my 2.5 catback and some other stuff ill have enough money.

Users who are viewing this thread