Flowmasters dont make power huh??????

HPCobra04

Established Member
03SBGT said:
Sounds like Rasp is your true love then :poke: J/K Man. its all personal preference with exhaust.

HPCobra04 - Looks like I will have to call Summit up and ask them about that kit with the 4" Tips and 3" catback. I am currently thinking about getting some maggie 4" tips welded on when I slap in the prochamber...but might save some $ in the long run and splurge on another catback. :beer:

That would be cool, I put regular 4 inch tips when I had my 2 1/2 inch catback. The tips on my are actually real nice and stainless. :beer:

98tacoma

Banned
03BLOODREDSNAKE said:
i used to be a flowmaster guy also till i heard what slp sounded and looked like

you mean raspy, poppy and like glasspacks? While I do like the double wall tips, the SLP is just brutally obnoxious and sounds like glasspacks. The flowmaster sound is classic and will never go out of style.

KELVINATOR

certified gearhead
Established Member
98tacoma said:
you mean raspy, poppy and like glasspacks? While I do like the double wall tips, the SLP is just brutally obnoxious and sounds like glasspacks. The flowmaster sound is classic and will never go out of style.

There is a reason why flowmasters have been so popular for many many years, but you can't please everyone. Imo you can't go wrong with flowmaster's signature sound.

tv's 03

Established Member
Flows sound best to me. I have heard way to many terminators that sounds like big trucks...no straight through muffs for me

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
flowmaster is the shit. i have always like flowmaster and always will. no matter what they make more power than stock. and all Catbacks our with 2-3hp anyway you would never notice the difference. exhaust is all about sound and price. to me flowmaster are the best bang for the buck and sound the best.

Venom04

Established Member
I had flows on my 02 GT and it sounded good ( stoch H ). I now have an SLP catted X and LM II's which are not nearly as obnoxious as the I's. So I can honestly say the flows sound good and classic, but the SLP II's are far more aggressive and up to date sounding (exotic). I would not say they sound like a truck or anything like that or even close to it. I here way more flows on trucks anyway so it's kinda like saying the same thing about flows. JMHO

HPCobra04

Established Member
Thats why i think people get tired of flowmasters. A lot of other cars and trucks have them. The reason i like them so much is that they are affordable and couples with my prochamber i have never been happier. to be hones i would love just to have the borla stinger catback on the stock h, but for instance take this into perspective. fipk=80$new off ebay, prochamber 80 $ from a member here(off of the dsg in the latest 5.0 mag) an 3 inch catback from summit 480$. Thas 640 bucks. I really really wanted borla stingers, but for price when i was looking they were from 699 and up. I also think Slp sounds great with stock h and its even cheaper than my cat back. Mostly its up to the persons taste. :beer: I just hope you guys enjoyed the video and realized that the setup i got sounds like a beast.

Last edited:

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
My 99 I had Flows and a Prochamber.. Best sounding exhaust I ever heard so yeah, I'm a flows guy too.

On my 03, concerned strictly with performance over sound I went with a catted Xpipe and a nice straight through catback the Magnaflows. Now I find myself missing and yearning for the Flows again. I remember the post HPCobra04 made when he got his 3in Catback and how bad I wanted to hear how it sounded and now that I have!. Ughhh!.. Dam you man!.. LOL!. Someone's a ba$tard because dam that video sounded great and I'd imagine it does no justice like hearing it in person..

Bro, my only thing holding me back is did you have to hack up your Prochamber to weld the 3in Flowmaster CB to it?

Last edited:

New2Cobraz

Sounds great man. I love the sound of my Bassani though. Ive had people drive it and floor it right next to me in first and seconed gear, i almost had an orgasim, maybe i can take a vid soon. Anyways sounds awsome man and nice numbers.

HPCobra04

Established Member
Bro, my only thing holding me back is did you have to hack up your Prochamber to weld the 3in Flowmaster CB to it?[/QUOTE]

Na man. I had to get the exhaust shop to fab up some three inch collectors and pipes for dirt cheap. Now im starting to wonder what it would sound like with 3 inch original 40's :read:

Wiked03

Established Member
I made 416 hp, 395 tq SAE with just the Flowmaster Catback and FIPK.

I just need to do something about the crappy looking tips. :??:

Last edited:

Black01Stang

Established Member
Hey Hank, Amazon is having another dyno day Saturday. If you can, come on up and hang out with us again, should be having significantly better weather as well!

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Wiked03 said:
I made 416 hp, 395 tq SAE with just the Flowmaster Catback and FIPK.

I just need to do something about the crappy looking tips. :??:

did you have to remove the vibration dampener?

nice #'s

Wiked03

Established Member
VERTIBLEMENACE said:
did you have to remove the vibration dampener?

nice #'s

You must mean that large brick of solid metal bolted to the dif. LOL

Yep, it was in the way so off it came. :D

HPCobra04

Established Member
SALEENGTROUSH said:
im sure flowmasters do make power there a exhaust but as far as makin sound?? ill stay away from them :bored:

Yeah my exhaust is real quiet :shrug: . I promise you if i had the original 40's and not the supers, you'd change your tune. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread