Flowmasters dont make power huh??????

tv's 03

Established Member
I think the perception of flows came from some bench flow testing that showed that there are muffs that will out flow them. but, as long as they flow enough at your power level, they will work as well as anything

HPCobra04

Established Member
I love the vid, but you really need to hear it up close. Black01stangs car sounded like a monster. He needs to post a clip of his. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

KELVINATOR

certified gearhead
Established Member
HPCobra04 said:
I love the vid, but you really need to hear it up close. Black01stangs car sounded like a monster. He needs to post a clip of his. :thumbsup:
What is his mods?

03SBGT

Established Member
HPCobra04 said:

Hey Man, that is a sweet vid, your car sounds sick....but I have to do the newb thing (go Off Topic) and ask you where you picked up your 3" FM catback.

I am running the JBA Evol 3" catback, and am about to slap in my old ProChamber. When I looked I only saw some model with an extra pipe included. I might end up putting Flows on here in a bit and 3" is a MUST for me :rolling:

HPCobra04

Established Member
Summit racing, If i were you id buy the three inch super 40s, and just weld them into place. you wont regret it. you could probly pick up a pair for about 150.

03SBGT

Established Member
HPCobra04 said:
Summit racing, If i were you id buy the three inch super 40s, and just weld them into place. you wont regret it. you could probly pick up a pair for about 150.

Thanks for getting back man. I will ask around about that, I wonder if the flows and the JBA's have the same inlets etc.

They are the chambered style muffler like the flows. I just have always been an old flowmaster guy...and hearing that vid.. Sounds great man :rockon:

HPCobra04

Established Member
03SBGT said:
Thanks for getting back man. I will ask around about that, I wonder if the flows and the JBA's have the same inlets etc.

They are the chambered style muffler like the flows. I just have always been an old flowmaster guy...and hearing that vid.. Sounds great man :rockon:

Im sure they are, I love the way they sound too. :beer:

i used to be a flowmaster guy also till i heard what slp sounded and looked like and that was the end of me ever purchasing flowmasters i'll never buy them again

HPCobra04

Established Member
I think its hard to swallow that statement, you did watch the video right. I mean how much deeper and and it sounds smooth can you get. and not like straight through raspn mufflers. I mean I love my exhaust, If i could afford it i probly would go borla. and i understand that slp is loud and maybe would make 1 or two more numbers, and I also know that a lot of people hate them cause a lot of people have them on a lot of cars and trucks. And have you even seen the system i have on my car. I have 4 inch ss flowmaster tips. Look a lot like Borla.

03SBGT

Established Member
03BLOODREDSNAKE said:
i used to be a flowmaster guy also till i heard what slp sounded and looked like and that was the end of me ever purchasing flowmasters i'll never buy them again

Sounds like Rasp is your true love then :poke: J/K Man. its all personal preference with exhaust.

HPCobra04 - Looks like I will have to call Summit up and ask them about that kit with the 4" Tips and 3" catback. I am currently thinking about getting some maggie 4" tips welded on when I slap in the prochamber...but might save some $ in the long run and splurge on another catback. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread