First time to M.W. Where's the best street to stay on?

five 0 ninja

Established Member
Going down this year. Have never been to South Carolina let alone myrtle beach or mustang week. Thing I really look forward to since I'm going with family and won't be able to participate in all the activities is going back to the hotel and watching all the cars cruise from a balcony. What is the street that has the most action as far as cruising? Any hotel recommendations?

KILLERARMY

Established Member
North and South Ocean Blvd is the main hot spot for hotels.

Last edited:

big jon

me and a friend are planning on driving from ontario, Canada and we were not sure if we are better off close to the mall or the speedway or in-between.

i can already feel it is going to be an expensive vacation with our poor canadian dollar

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
There's a ton of Canadians down here right now. Stay closer to the mall. You don't want to stay anywhere around the speedway.

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I agree with SID, North Myrtle is the best place IMO. Quiet, less congested, less headaches. I always feel safer leaving my car unprotected in north VS the strip or south MB.

vertmustang98gt

Established Member
I'm staying in a Condo right near Broadway at the Beach but I normally stay at least in garage parking or 26th/Ocean and more North. Downtown Myrtle/Ocean is fun to cruise but I wouldn't keep my car there for a week.

C0bra_M3nace

Cobra Fanatic
Established Member
If you can't find a room in Myrtle Beach, I would suggest trying to find a room at Murrells Inlet or even getting a Condo around Surfside Beach. Murrells Inlet is about 7 miles south of Myrtle Beach, but it's the seafood capital of South Carolina lol. The 1st row or 2nd row condos around Surfside Beach can be expensive but a lot of mustangs stay down there. You can't beat the view and having your own house for a week with your friends!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
If you can't find a room in Myrtle Beach, I would suggest trying to find a room at Murrells Inlet or even getting a Condo around Surfside Beach. Murrells Inlet is about 7 miles south of Myrtle Beach, but it's the seafood capital of South Carolina lol. The 1st row or 2nd row condos around Surfside Beach can be expensive but a lot of mustangs stay down there. You can't beat the view and having your own house for a week with your friends!

The traffic that far south is brutal.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Yes. I agree. But it can be managed. Would you suggest staying in North Myrtle Beach?

I stay in Surfside Beach myself. Yes traffic can really suck, but its not terrible. The changeover days are the worst, traffic gets better as the week goes on.

ericmuscle

Established Member
I stay in Surfside Beach myself. Yes traffic can really suck but its not terrible. The changeover days are the worst, traffic gets better as the week goes on.

Use holiday sands south. Never had a problem. We use a public meter and you pay for the week. across the street from holiday sands hotel parking is brutal and you really cant keep an eye on your ride and they really cram the cars in there.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Use holiday sands south. Never had a problem. We use a public meter and you pay for the week across the street from holiday sands hotel parking. Less congestion.

City of MB has recently raised meter fees quite a bit. I'm not sure if it kicked in down there though.

Users who are viewing this thread