First stock customer owned demon to beat Dodges 9.65

PIPO

Established Member
Since you’re a dodge fan, you will enjoy this video. Legion of Demons.

IA Shelby

Established Member
They are amazing cars just like the New GT500. Owners will always debate to the end which is the greatest. In the end there is always something faster whether it is stock or not. People need to quit wasting time arguing and get out and drive your cars. The rest of the world doesn’t care.

LaserDoc

Established Member
Mine, is all stock
20372 (1).jpeg

_Snake_

Established Member
By the way you can drive any street legal vehicle to the track then make it non legal drag it, switch it back to street legal again and drive home.

How would you classify a Cobra Jet that hasn’t been modded? It can’t be anything other than stock but not street legal. They’re two entirely different things.

Guess what? Still stock.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
How would you classify a Cobra Jet that hasn’t been modded? It can’t be anything other than stock but not street legal. They’re two entirely different things.

Guess what? Still stock.
Great question!

I bring up the non legal concept on the demon to show the dealer can not sell it legally to drive on the streets. Because it is a legal vehicle the dealers/manufacturer have to sell it as a legal car to drive on the street, hence the 4 dot legal tires.

Once you take this legal vehicle and place non legal tires on it, it then becomes an after market or after purchase modification regardless of whether you paid for the extra tires/components from the manufacturer(or if the cost of the extra components are built into the msrp) minutes after purchase.

It be the same way if you purchased a mustang GT and then added a fp supercharger on it. It is still aftermarket even if it came from the manufacturer or the dealer installed it with warranty.

Of note it looks as if the Challenger Drag Pack will be a 7 second car out if the factory. Big Numbers!

Last edited:

_Snake_

Established Member
It be the same way if you purchased a mustang GT and then added a fp supercharger on it. It is still aftermarket even if it came from the manufacturer or the dealer installed it with warranty.

A fp supercharger isn't an option you can check a box on your build sheet from Ford.

So no, its not the same way.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
ON D excuses are one of a kind! Lol
Speaking of: insert the worst time you can find and inserting as the vehicle can not do better than that.
Makes the 2006 C6 Z06 a 12.2 second car...roll eyes!
2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Road Test Specs | Edmunds
A fp supercharger isn't an option you can check a box on your build sheet from Ford.

So no, its not the same way.
Again you can not take possession of the non dot legal wheels at the time of your demon purchase. Dodge(the law) forces one to take possession after purchase. Makes it after market.

_Snake_

Established Member
Again you can not take possession of the non dot legal wheels at the time of your demon purchase. Dodge(the law) forces one to take possession after purchase. Makes it after market.

No, that just means it's not street legal. Big difference.

I guess the Cobra Jet is aftermarket because the whole thing isn't DOT approved.

C'mon man. That's not how it works.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I’ve got ac, heated and cooled seats, 18 speaker stereo, heated wheel, and many more creature comforts. None of that is removed! Not sure the cobra jet has any of that. just sayin

beau t

Established Member
They make a dot skinny now so if they are running a set of these tires would that help on the debate about being street legal?
i was reading about them on dragzine (i think) if anyone is curious.

From their web site.

We actually started this new 17-inch lineup in the Sportsman S/R version and it bled into the production of our ET Fronts. A lot of late-model owners have begun slapping skinnies on the front and making their way to the dragstrip, and these new tires allow them to choose between a DOT-approved radial and a bias-ply 17-inch front runners,” Kundrik explains.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
No, that just means it's not street legal. Big difference.

I guess the Cobra Jet is aftermarket because the whole thing isn't DOT approved.

C'mon man. That's not how it works.
If you put something in the car that was not on the car at time of purchase, it is now aftermarket!

Bottom line, the skinny wheels are not on the car at time of purchase!

_Snake_

Established Member
If you put something in the car that was not on the car at time of purchase, it is now aftermarket!

Bottom line, the skinny wheels are not on the car at time of purchase!

Not exactly, because delivery time has nothing to do with stock vs aftermarket. It was an option offered by the manufacturer when buying the car, included in the purchase price, available through every dealer, and covered under OEM warranty.

So it’s stock.

Unless you can show me some definition of aftermarket that includes availability.

Or any aftermarket parts installed by the customer that are covered by and don’t void the OEM warranty.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Not exactly, because delivery time has nothing to do with stock vs aftermarket. It was an option offered by the manufacturer when buying the car, included in the purchase price, available through every dealer, and covered under OEM warranty.

So it’s stock.

Unless you can show me some definition of aftermarket that includes availability.

Or any aftermarket parts installed by the customer that are covered by and don’t void the OEM warranty.
It was not optioned when buying the car. Which is why one needs to purchase the option after purchase of the Demon.

Users who are viewing this thread