First stock customer owned demon to beat Dodges 9.65

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
If tires are changed to anything other that what was provided by oem, then it can no longer be considered bone stock. It then would be “modded”.

This works both ways. If a Demon or Shelby changes its tires / wheels, it is no longer stock. It has been modified, altered, changed, modded. Capeesh ?

So a downgraded car is no longer stock. If a demon pulls off a single coil and beats another car while only running on 7 cylinders it doesn’t count because it was no longer stock. Got it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
So a downgraded car is no longer stock. If a demon pulls off a single coil and beats another car while only running on 7 cylinders it doesn’t count because it was no longer stock. Got it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that’s not what I said. Your reading comp needs help.

I bet you don’t like the President. Lol

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
It’s exactly like it.
Dodge: purchase crate after purchase of the vehicle, the parts are added with warranty.
Ford: purchase blower after purchase of the vehicle, the parts are added with warranty.

Wrong. I appreciate the effort tho.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
For starters, the Ford Performance blower does not retain the factory warranty and the one provided is LESS than what came with the car.

Obviously, the Dodge is not like that... why?

Because Dodge has the balls the produce a STREET car dedicated to the 1/4 and Ford does not. Man buns first for Ford.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Sad part is Ford had two years to come up with a car faster in the 1/4 than the Demon.... what did they decide to do? The scrambled eggs special. LOL

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
For starters, the Ford Performance blower does not retain the factory warranty and the one provided is LESS than what came with the car.

Obviously, the Dodge is not like that... why?

Because Dodge has the balls the produce a STREET car dedicated to the 1/4 and Ford does not. Man buns first for Ford.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Ford Performance’s supercharger lets you DIY a 700-hp Mustang with warranty
This article says warranty retained if installed by dealer.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

My94GT

Established Member
How is it different other then a crate is harder to install the a blower?

it is different because of what the demon is, the crate is structured as part of that purchase and due to legal loop holes it has to be sold a specific time fram after the purchase of the car. That said it is only applicable to the demon and nothing else. Dodge was clear about their goals with the car and they accomplished what they wanted.

nothing ford offers lines up the same. You can spin it any way you want but no manufacturer has done what dodge did with a normal street car.

you can build a mustang with some dealer optioned ford performance blower but it won’t be the same in any facet and ultimately you end up with a GT with a blower package. Stout set up for sure but missing the story and uniqueness of the demon which many buyers were drawn to.

personally for the money I see dealers listing a demon, I’d have a Gen V viper with H/C package or a new GT500 but I can see very easily what makes the demon special.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
“Fords warranty” if installed by dealer from the article is 3/36.

nice try though.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Exactly, installed by dealer which you people believe is oem. Provided by and installed by Ford/Dealer.

They give you a different powertrain warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
It does not void vehicle warranty and has a warranty on the new parts. Just like the demon crate 6 months after purchase.

it is different because of what the demon is, the crate is structured as part of that purchase and due to legal loop holes it has to be sold a specific time fram after the purchase of the car. That said it is only applicable to the demon and nothing else. Dodge was clear about their goals with the car and they accomplished what they wanted.

nothing ford offers lines up the same. You can spin it any way you want but no manufacturer has done what dodge did with a normal street car.

you can build a mustang with some dealer optioned ford performance blower but it won’t be the same in any facet and ultimately you end up with a GT with a blower package. Stout set up for sure but missing the story and uniqueness of the demon which many buyers were drawn to.

personally for the money I see dealers listing a demon, I’d have a Gen V viper with H/C package or a new GT500 but I can see very easily what makes the demon special.
They specifically said parts needed to be supplied by the manufacturer and not void existing warranty to be considered oem. By this definition from them, the ford blower is oem stock if installed by the registered dealer.

I agree, neither the ford or the demon is oem stock as the parts were purchased after purchase to stay legal.

Users who are viewing this thread