First stock customer owned demon to beat Dodges 9.65

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Lighter 350R with more HP, carbon fiber wheels, more aero, wider tires, higher rev line, 3 more cams, 16 more valves, much more expensive loses to a fat pig z28 with Neanderthal tech.

Let’s not mention the ass gapping that the ZL1 provides...

F471BBEE-4A61-4D9F-A84C-95F67707B6E7.jpeg

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Lighter 350R with more HP, carbon fiber wheels, more aero, wider tires, higher rev line, 3 more cams, 16 more valves, much more expensive loses to a fat pig z28 with Neanderthal tech.

Let’s not mention the ass gapping that the ZL1 provides...

View attachment 1615945
Again you post crap times by amateur drivers.

I can post times just as the above.
15 Mustang GT 1.52
15 c7 z06 1.56
15 991.1 GT3 1.57.

Damn the mustang is 4 seconds faster than the vette or Porsche!

badmpg03

Established Member
What’s not to like, Demon embarrases a Shelby at the 1/4.

sad attempt to land a butt buddy. LOL

I thought it was good attempt :D

I like the demon and think it’s a cool car, but 10.6 @134? ....for the few recorded runs on the interwebs right now that’s not really embarrassing to me. Also not all of us consider the 1320 the end all test for cars, on a road course the demon would likely get embarrassed by the 500...but demon was built for 1 thing and it does it well.

I would pay to see a 1/2 mile airport drag (unprepped surface) with stock demon and 500 , both on pump 93. I don’t think there would be embarrassment. and they better stop at 1/2 mile though since the demon is limited to 168mph :D

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I thought it was good attempt :D

I like the demon and think it’s a cool car, but 10.6 @134? ....for the few recorded runs on the interwebs right now that’s not really embarrassing to me. Also not all of us consider the 1320 the end all test for cars, on a road course the demon would likely get embarrassed by the 500...but demon was built for 1 thing and it does it well.

I would pay to see a 1/2 mile airport drag (unprepped surface) with stock demon and 500 , both on pump 93. I don’t think there would be embarrassment. and they better stop at 1/2 mile though since the demon is limited to 168mph :D

i also like the Shelby and think it’s. Great car. But 10.6 @ 134 is not even close to 9.6 @ 140.

Demon also only has but a handful of runs, since it is such a low numbers car.

more people care about the strip and street performance vs a road course.

The Demon was not just built for one thing. It offers much more than just the 1/4.

I can wait to see a street race of the Demon and Shelby, both with all the “advantages/weapons” that each manufacturer put at their disposal.

badmpg03

Established Member
i also like the Shelby and think it’s. Great car. But 10.6 @ 134 is not even close to 9.6 @ 140.

Demon also only has but a handful of runs, since it is such a low numbers car.

more people care about the strip and street performance vs a road course.

The Demon was not just built for one thing. It offers much more than just the 1/4.

I can wait to see a street race of the Demon and Shelby, both with all the “advantages/weapons” that each manufacturer put at their disposal.

It’s funny I see more zl1’s/c7z’s/350’s at msr or Cota than I see at the 1/4 houston raceway. 1/4 is just easier to compare and test.

And 134 and 140 mph are closer than you think, I would wager +/- 6 mph of that is in the wheel setup and 100 oct tune for the Demon

time will tell on the streets

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
It’s funny I see more zl1’s/c7z’s/350’s at msr or Cota than I see at the 1/4 houston raceway. 1/4 is just easier to compare and test.

And 134 and 140 mph are closer than you think, I would wager +/- 6 mph of that is in the wheel setup and 100 oct tune for the Demon

95% of people care about street performance, aka highway rolls, 1/4 mile. Very few care about road course.

6mph difference in traps is substantial. 1 full second quicker in 1/4 even more so.

wheels and 100 octane is part of the Demon package. Unfortunately, Ford didn’t hook up the Shelby as so.

gofast15

Established Member

Nowhere near 6mph trap different. I've seen close to 10 Demons run at local tracks so far . They average 132-134mph on race gas and aftermarket drag radials . Factory Demon Nitto drag radials don't work very well on a regular test and tune day at the track .2 Demons that had factory Nittos were clicking off low 11s to high 10s

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I’m gonna laugh at zyborg when a 2020 gt500 runs door to door with a pump gas stock demon on YouTube, or likely passes it.

My94GT

Established Member
Who cares what a pump gas demon runs? The premise of the demon is all about that crate package set up. To which the GT500 won’t compete with with out a tire and a tune, then again that’ll void the warranty and it rolls back to why the demon is unique.

it’s a one off type car and it was so cool to see dodge let it all hang out with the demon. The GT500 is a different caliber of car though as it is by all means no 1/4 mile slouch and backs the performance there with street manors and some killer road course performance.

either way you slice it, there are crazy good buys on the market now. Want top dog ability, go GT500, want a fun street/strip maybe even a handful of fun track days but keeping more budget friendly, go buy a challenger red eye wide body, want a unique true turn key factory backed drag car that’s still vin coded and able to be tagged for street use....find a demon. This is just a reflection of some current offerings this segment.

blk02edge

Established Member
Who cares what a pump gas demon runs? The premise of the demon is all about that crate package set up. To which the GT500 won’t compete with with out a tire and a tune, then again that’ll void the warranty and it rolls back to why the demon is unique.

it’s a one off type car and it was so cool to see dodge let it all hang out with the demon. The GT500 is a different caliber of car though as it is by all means no 1/4 mile slouch and backs the performance there with street manors and some killer road course performance.

either way you slice it, there are crazy good buys on the market now. Want top dog ability, go GT500, want a fun street/strip maybe even a handful of fun track days but keeping more budget friendly, go buy a challenger red eye wide body, want a unique true turn key factory backed drag car that’s still vin coded and able to be tagged for street use....find a demon. This is just a reflection of some current offerings this segment.
Annnnd /Thread

gofast15

Established Member
I’m gonna laugh at zyborg when a 2020 gt500 runs door to door with a pump gas stock demon on YouTube, or likely passes it.
From a roll , full weight Demon on 93 will get walked by 2020Gt500 .
Gutted Demon on slicks and skinnies and race gas will be quicker. GT500 with slicks/ skinnies , removed seats and couple gallons of E85 will be right there with Demon on the highway.
Gt500 will match Demon trap in this configuration but it will be little slower on the track because it has road race suspension unlike the Demon which has sloppy drag suspension

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Don’t say that. The 20 500 is slower than a 06 z06 let alone any vette newer than 06 and will lose by buses against off the showroom hellcats and demons and the 500 may even be at the 1/8 when the 9.6 demon crosses the 1320.

Hell at this rate the 20 500 will lose on a road course too. Damn you Ford. 4 years r and d and they are still 15 years behind GM!
From a roll , full weight Demon on 93 will get walked by 2020Gt500 .
Gutted Demon on slicks and skinnies and race gas will be quicker. GT500 with slicks/ skinnies , removed seats and couple gallons of E85 will be right there with Demon on the highway.
Gt500 will match Demon trap in this configuration but it will be little slower on the track because it has road race suspension unlike the Demon which has sloppy drag suspension

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Seems to run from a gt350

Considering a gt350 is not getting wrecked by a hellcat but just walked...

I’d say ya, the gt500 will do fine against pump gas demon.

It’s not even going to get spanked by a racegas demon. It’ll be a slight walk. On a day a gt500 traps 133, a race gas demon is doing tops 136/7.

On a day a race gas demon goes 140, the gt500 will be doing 135/6+.

900da to 2500da, gt500’s have gone 132+. Demons are doing 133-134 in similar da on race gas.

+/- 1mph on my bench racing. No ****s given.

Ya’ll are a bunch of serious mofo’s with yer street racing xperience. Me? I’s just a country boy who be calling what it is as I have been privellegedly dispositionalized of some relative luck to have the intellectual telligence to be of discernment’s there in and of.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Rofl stop it.

Gt350 is dog shit slow without boost.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Let it be, that hellcat didn’t run away from it. Both manuals.

Here’s a very well driven gt350 with e85 only. Not bolt ons, etc. just e85.

Check his other vids. He’s gone 11.60@124 e85 only. No other mods. Watch his launch. His clutch won’t last for shit but he is getting all of it.

His car stock vs a borla exhaust hellcat Charger

If you put a mediocre driver in a manual car, it costs 3-5mph in trap speed. The reason gt350’s don’t do well is driver. With driver mod, they run very good for 3750lbs 520hp cars.

That vid of a gt350 getting slaughtered by a 2020 gt500 is because a 120mph car vs a 133mph car looks like that.

The reason we’ll deiven gt350’s with bolt ons or just tune don’t get slaughtered by stock hellcats is because 121-125mph cars racing 124-128mph cars looks like that. Many bolt on gt350’s especially on e85 and driven well trap north of 125. That’s certified stock hellcat range. No boost required.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Let it be, that hellcat didn’t run away from it. Both manuals.

Here’s a very well driven gt350 with e85 only. Not bolt ons, etc. just e85.

Check his other vids. He’s gone 11.60@124 e85 only. No other mods. Watch his launch. His clutch won’t last for shit but he is getting all of it.

Meh. I went 123 mph e85 tune only with my cheapo, poor guy Mustang.

Not impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread