Finally finally finally.....

Josh662234

Established Member
It has been sitting for 3 years for a reason. Compression test that thing and get a better history of the vehicle

RichM1983

Established Member
Good luck OP. I bought a project terminator. Be honest with yourself tho. To get the car where I wanted it would have cost me as much in the end had I just purchased a good car to begin with. Some people see the up side to that is they can buy a car cheap, build it into a nice car slowly and spread the cost out over time. That makes sense but just consider your options. I paid 11k and the car had over 100k miles. I would have 18k in the car and it would have been worth 15-16k max. I ended up selling it after doing nothing to it but drive it. I got my money back but barely.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
This story, the pictures, the cars in the pictures, the descriptions none of it adds up to me.

1. The Saleen which you claim has a P1SC, it isn't even in the picture. Regardless it looks like a heap.

2. The Cobra, has some major interior moisture issues like others have said, I hope you can get that clean. Again, as others has said, this car has been wrecked in the front, it's blatantly noticeable. No one does a 5.0 Stroker and stays with a ported blower, no one, car looks like a 18 year old was driving it. I guess you're trading one pile for another, Terminator looks roached and to me is a 6-7k car tops.

klr16G

Established Member
Man you better go threw this car every inch of it please do not go out and put gas in it and beat it to shit now that you have one, just saying since the car has been sitting run a blow down and a leak test to make sure your good on the engine and take it from there, this might be another broken engine going to be sitting another year thread. Change every oil and fluid on that thing and when done run to a tuner and get that thing dialed in.

howie8124

Established Member
After you do all the regular maintenance needed on the car shoot me a PM I have a set of 99/01 tails that will look much better than whatever is on there now.

GT915

Established Member
I've got a bad feeling about this. If it's not too late, I'd run from this as fast as i could. A 10 or 11 year old car would likely have some issues even under the best of circumstances, but a car that's been treated like this one has...OMG I hate to even think about it. If you've already pulled the trigger on this one, I wish you all the best and hope you'll keep us updated.

STXDriver98544

Bass Assassin
Established Member
Sub'n....geeze man the hood is so far off I though it was popped and just sitting on the hinge not fully closed. Good luck OP I wish you only the best with this thing.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
As others have said, if you haven't already purchased this, do yourself a big favor and thoroughly inspect the vehicle. I'd get a carfax as well. It's a pretty big no-brainer here that the car has been hit and pieced back together as cheaply as possible. I personally wouldn't spend anything over about 8-9k on this car unless I could confirm it was pretty low total miles.

With that said, if you're getting it cheap enough, I don't necessarily see anything that can't be fixed. You're going to be replacing some panels, respraying, general clean-up etc. The tail lights are an easy fix as well.

If you have the funds available, time and desire to do so, you could bring this one back to life! A quality endeavor now that these cars are aging and falling in to hands of people that aren't taking care of them.

cobraless

Established Member
While I was looking at the pictures, I was like "what doesn't add up here?" Sure enough, scrolling through the comments people are saying the same thing. First question out of my mouth after he said it made 378rwhp would be whats the deal?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Walk away.

Unless you are getting this car for $6k, walk.

Its got a motor swap with an eaton, meaning someone prior already drove the car hard enough and likely stupid enough (ie small pulleys, no tune, etc) to warrant a swap, then after paying for a built 5.0 stroker, didnt have the funds to do anything else but throw a crappy heaton on top. This is someones failed project.

The fact its making only 370ish doesnt surprise me, and can be explained. If its stock pulley/tune with stock everything else the additional displacement wont really add power like most think. It may be that its still running the tune for the old setup so it was less timing and richer AFR, so that would account for the low numbers if the blower was stock boost. On the other hand, who the **** knows how that motor was put together, so it could be low on compression too.

Like I said, hopefully you are getting it for a ****ing steal to account for what you might have to do to just bring it up to the level a run of the mill $16-18k Terminator is at.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
OP, just something to think about...

I recently got a quote from a quality paint shop for a new bumper and to refinish my front valance. It was $1,200.... You have got to be looking at $3k in body work and paint alone I would think.

Users who are viewing this thread