Finally finally finally.....

Casper03

Cobra Guy
Established Member
Bought mine at an auction back in 08 and fixed it. Been working great , saved money, and appreciate the car more after bringing it back to life. Just make sure whatever you fix is done correctly, so you only do it once.:thumbsup:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
After seeing OP's responses, I think this car is in much better hands and likely has an actual future as becoming a clean, saved Terminator.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
OP dont listen to all the haters, they just can't comprehend doing actual work themselves. My favorite threads are when someone plucks out something a bit rough and saves it, keep on!

Ya Im sure its got nothing to do with the car waiving tons of red flags and there was obviously no thorough inspection done. Id put money on it that 98% of people in this thread hope it turns out well for him, just that most of us think theres going to be some major issues and itll end up costing more than buying one already in good shape.

brainpa

Established Member
Ya Im sure its got nothing to do with the car waiving tons of red flags and there was obviously no thorough inspection done. Id put money on it that 98% of people in this thread hope it turns out well for him, just that most of us think theres going to be some major issues and itll end up costing more than buying one already in good shape.

^ THIS, including me. Hope it works out.

luiSVT99

CoyoteFTW
Established Member
yup, just like i said, i'm aware that it could have something wrong with the shortblock, but, what i was really interested was in:
1st being an 03-04 Cobra with no frame damage, i've inspected the frame and no its not bent, 2nd the eaton setup & the t56 and 3rd a good and complete interior, hell i was even going to buy a Terminator roller and then buy the drivetrain, the cheapest terminator i've seen for sale was a 7k and it was wrecked, rollers i've seen 3k-8k with no engine, transmision or wiring harness, this one was complete and a few minutes from my house (take in mind i'm from Mexico and the closer thing to the US is the RGV) and in the wrong hands... After this 4 days from the purchase this will be the direction i'm going to take with it, i think is the best and most reasonable thing to do, put this proyect on hold. Just give the car another detailed wash, and put a car cover on it, and what is more important, start saving money.
First i will sell my Fox and some pushrod related parts i have laying around, then when i have a good amount of saved cash, start inspecting the shortblock, leak and comp test, after that, make it driveable and tune it, after results from a decent shop (power numbers) upgrade the fuel system, i'll keep my eyes open on the for sale section and get my hands on a Whipple, the goal is 650-700 rwhp and when the power is there and all the bugs are worked out, make a complete restoration like this piece of Ford/SVT history deserves, so thanks everyone for the good wishes, as soon as i'm ready to continue the unicorn proyect, i'll make another thread like suggested before

do you think i can do it? I do ;-)

before
DSC03620.jpg

after
verde_zpsd3e55cf8.jpg

its gonna be a piece of cake, expensive but easy to my skills :D

in other words "i'll be back" if you know what i'm saying

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
very nice OP GL and I'll be following this thread. Its quite obvious you have a skill set above what most others can even comprehend. Its always good to be able to turn your own wrenches. I am sure looking at your Fox project, this terminator will come out looking like it rolled off the showroom floor.

paintless302

Established Member

That's not the point. OP obviously knows the car is in rough shape, has been through this game in the past on other projects, and seems confident that he didn't bend over for the price he paid for the car. Obviously there are many knowledgeable memebers on the forum, whom, at a glance may be able to render some words of advice or caution based upon certain pictures. But the idiots screaming; "omfg look at the scratch on the bumper, the fenders misaligned, must be a flood damaged salvage car thrown off a cliff" don't really offer anything constructive to the mix. Not much can really be gathered from OPs potato phone pics--outside the fact that the car has sat for a really long time, and was probably bumped around a bit in the shop. Change all the fluids, drain the gas, clean the injectors, do a compression and leakdown, hook up a smoke machine to see if there is vacuum leaks and brittle lines somewhere, and keep it moving. Hopefully the rotating assembly is sound. The cosmetic stuff is just that, cosmetic. A proper color correction and some work on a few panels and that car will look like a well cared for specimen. Some of you chaps cant see the trees for the forest.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
That's not the point. OP obviously knows the car is in rough shape, has been through this game in the past on other projects, and seems confident that he didn't bend over for the price he paid for the car. Obviously there are many knowledgeable memebers on the forum, whom, at a glance may be able to render some words of advice or caution based upon certain pictures. But the idiots screaming; "omfg look at the scratch on the bumper, the fenders misaligned, must be a flood damaged salvage car thrown off a cliff" don't really offer anything constructive to the mix. Not much can really be gathered from OPs potato phone pics--outside the fact that the car has sat for a really long time, and was probably bumped around a bit in the shop. Change all the fluids, drain the gas, clean the injectors, do a compression and leakdown, hook up a smoke machine to see if there is vacuum leaks and brittle lines somewhere, and keep it moving. Hopefully the rotating assembly is sound. The cosmetic stuff is just that, cosmetic. A proper color correction and some work on a few panels and that car will look like a well cared for specimen. Some of you chaps cant see the trees for the forest.
+1
No knows in what condition the car really is. Judging from pictures only tells part of the story. THis is why we always buy a car in person and not from looking at pictures.

Congrats OP! The car is looking great with a simple clean up. The Foxbody came out VERY well done compared to what it once was, hell it came out in worse condition and looked a lot better than a ton of Foxbody's I see on the street.

Crazy though how you really are from Mexico, WTF do you do? Work for a Cartel?

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Only costly part will be repairing the motor if it's damaged. If it's just cosmetics then you got yourself one hell of a deal

BIG_WINNER

Established Member

Well said

smoothblue

Established Member
Great job man.. Can't wait to see what it looks like when you are done with it..Congrats on your dream.:rockon:

silverstang84

Established Member
Nice! Trading and working your way up to the car you couldn't just go and buy like some LUCKY people
Is something to be proud of. You will get it to where you want it, and can be proud of it.
Get lots of before pics!!;-)

HA! Luck has nothing to do with being successful, working hard and achieving your goals. Which in return give someone the funds to enjoy their hobby. You think all people that are wealthy and able to afford the finer things got there because of luck? Lol. There's a saying wealthy people have.. " The harder you work, the luckier you get." You make your own luck bud.

Op: I hope this works out for you. Good luck

Last edited:

KingJacobo

GM Fanboy Gone Darkside
Established Member
Congrats on the car! It's definitely a project, but that's ok. I bought my '66 back in high school and worked on it, restored her to her former glory the hard way. As long as you accept that the car is a project and have the funds, more power to you. Get that motor checked out though..

luiSVT99

CoyoteFTW
Established Member
little update, i know is kind of a shot in the dark but my Terminator has a plaque in the radiator cover, does anyone know MATT TARPLEY @Austin TX?? maybe i can find him and know a little bit of the story of the car prior crossing the US border xD

3F3C00BC-82FC-4CF8-8A84-08AEFD35BF58_zpszffvfvz8.jpg

friend came over and started the car, found a vacuum leak and a bad coil, this looks promising, waiting for a engine oil cooler from ebay and will upload a video when i install the new coil and stop the oil leak, after that; new fluids, spark plugs and filters! cross your fingers for me

ramstein

Established Member
Op I admire your love for Terminators and I love these cars myself but there are plenty of cleaner cars out there and it maybe worth waiting a little longer to get one in a better condition.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Op I admire your love for Terminators and I love these cars myself but there are plenty of cleaner cars out there and it maybe worth waiting a little longer to get one in a better condition.

Car has already been purchased, read through the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread