Ffuuuuuuuuu..

Status
Not open for further replies.

faztcobra

Established Member
Not that i have to justify to you why I'm selling it, but I'm not saving money keeping it, i owe money on it, and with a deployment coming up in a little less than a year I'd like to free up some money and live a bit more bill-free. That alright?
Not really, not after a comment like this:

Going to sell this and go for a '13-14 GT500 I think..

Contradict yourself much?

Dtony

Established Member
I am not trying to insult the op, but if you know what you are looking at, that plug has fouled because of oil. That is a direct indication there is a motor issue. I ran my stock motor over 200 runs na and almost 100 with the sc with a rich tune. I never fouled a plug. Believe it or not oil is getting into that cylinder and it isn't normal.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Not really, not after a comment like this:

Contradict yourself much?

Wow man. Yes, I'd love a Gt500 some day, not going to be anytime soon. Anything else? Keep making me out to look like whatever you're striving for. Again, all assumptions on your end. I bring up a vague idea, and you act as if a thought has been solidified. :loser:. Maybe, just maybe I'd look into one after i get back, if i could swing it. Of course I'll consult you before doing so to make sure its ok. I know I'd be a dirtbag if i tried to get a good deal on one, wouldn't wanna **** the dealership out of money!

Last edited:

03dsgdreams

Established Member
Idk now man.. not trying to be a dick but you now dam well you wouldn't buy the car if you new about the issue. Imagine buying a slightly used 12 5.0 and the first time you punch it and rip through the gears you lose power and a cel comes on the dash. You have to remember man what comes around goes around.. Bad karma is a bitch.. I would just keep it and drive it as you usually would before it happen. If it does pop then park it until you have the money for a motor. Selling those wheels would be a good chunk of the cost for a motor, then sell it if you want.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
The right thing? Sorry, but yall need to get off your high horses. I changed the plug, did a compression test, changed the oil and have over 500mi on it since the code got thrown with no issues. No noises, nvh, smoke, oil consumption, anything. No trying to start shit, but the whole "right thing", thing is very annoying. I've done everything in my power to make sure the car is right, and as its been driving as of late I'd say it is. Only thing i have left i could do, is pull the car apart to check for possible damage, but why would I if its running alright?

I agree with you. You have done due diligence to see if the problem would reappear. I would sell that car and not lose an ounce of sleep over it. Maybe stuff a bore scope down there if you really want to assure yourself that all is well.

And on edit, before everyone gets their hackles up over this...I have been screwed so many times on cars that are supposed to be "perfect," or "turn key," or whatever description you want to give them. It all comes down to this....Caveat Emptor. Do your research. Always, ALWAYS assume something will be wrong. Every time it happens to me, I kick myself for either rushing in, overlooking something obvious, or ignoring those little tingles that tell me to bail.

Mike

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I agree with you. You have done due diligence to see if the problem would reappear. I would sell that car and not lose an ounce of sleep over it. Maybe stuff a bore scope down there if you really want to assure yourself that all is well.

And on edit, before everyone gets their hackles up over this...I have been screwed so many times on cars that are supposed to be "perfect," or "turn key," or whatever description you want to give them. It all comes down to this....Caveat Emptor. Do your research. Always, ALWAYS assume something will be wrong. Every time it happens to me, I kick myself for either rushing in, overlooking something obvious, or ignoring those little tingles that tell me to bail.

Mike

Well said :beer:

twistedneck

Established Member
Well you can always do the Categorical Imperative test by Kant.. to see if its Morally wrong to sell your car in this condition without informing the potential buyer (money isn't everything). In Kant's view this is what separates man from a savage.

Categorical imperative - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

formulation 1

"Act only according to that maxim whereby you can at the same time will that it should become a universal law without contradiction."

formulation 2

"Act in such a way that you treat humanity, whether in your own person or in the person of any other, never merely as a means to an end, but always at the same time as an end."

formulation 3

"Therefore, every rational being must so act as if he were through his maxim always a legislating member in the universal kingdom of ends."

Last edited:

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member

Mike

Exactly. ANYBODY that buys a used Mustang or any other car for that matter, expecting it to be perfect, never beat on, and without some sort of issue is a complete moron, unless it is a CPO car. Inspect your intended purchase completely and know what you are getting in to. Obviously he should disclose to any buyer there was past misfire issue that has appeared to be solved, he also stated his price is lowered, that alone gives insight to the buyer that there is some reason he wants out.

And wow, never thought a #8 misfire thread would go down a path into a philosophical discussion.:D

Last edited:

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Lol, well thanks for some of the positive feedback fellas. The thing i don't get, is if there were a real issue, wouldn't it foul the plug again and/or throw a code? I've rung it out a few times too to see what would happen, and it pulled as it did before. As of right now, 561mi since the issue, without a reappearance of the issue.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
And wow, never thought a #8 misfire thread would go down a path into a philosophical discussion.:D

:lol:

op best of luck with it. i had a spark plug blow out in my 4.6 and the spark plug looked really really bad like that. i was certain i did some real damage. but i was lucky enough to rethread it, and after alot of blue smoke on the inital start up, it has been running great for a year now, with no apparent problems (knock wood).

Bud

Established Member
Where did the oil come from to coat that plug in the pic. How does an issue bad enough to pass that much oil magically fix itself?

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Where did the oil come from to coat that plug in the pic. How does an issue bad enough to pass that much oil magically fix itself?
Not sure, I wasnt in the motor at the time it happened..:lol:
i had no idea about a track rental

Yeah I believe its monday. Tony with the Gtr bought the track out for the day, I think its $100 a head.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Not sure man, I think he did some more work to his car.

Eatonualive281

Established Member
then thats the only way he can run it and not get kicked out. must be nice to have all the toys and zero stress. no doubt about that lmao. howd u know about it?

cidsamuth

Liberty Biberty
Established Member
OP, have you pulled the new plug to see if it is collecting oil? If so, how many miles did you give it?

I'm not expressing opinion on whether you should trade it, just curious about the possibility, however remote, that the plug could get fouled out with oil one time, and the problem not return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread