Ffuuuuuuuuu..

Status
Not open for further replies.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
So it happened. Driving home casually, and all of a sudden, boom, CEL. I had noticed earlier that day that it had been acting a little strange, with a slightly different sound at idle, but after some looking into it, I wrote it off, stupidly. The car starts stuttering and stammering, with a NOTICEABLE lack of power, and increase in motor Nvh. Pull over to make sure all fluids are intact etc, and baby it home. Get the SCT plugged in to check DTC's, and of course.. P0308 (cyl#8 missfire):loser:. I knew this wouldnt work, but I tried it in high hopes that it would, put the stock intake back on, and loaded up the stock tune, and fired it back up. No CEL, but still noticeable missfire. Drive it around the block, let it sit for 2-3min running, and P0308 pops up again. Now Im in a spot in which I dont exactly know how to approach. Do I pull the plug and check for craziness, and/or change coil, or should I leave it alone and bring it to the dealer in hopes they dont find the old tune in there? I have a bad feeling it wont be an easy fix, so was thinking of doing a compression test/leakdown to see if its a ring or not, but at the same time I dont want Ford denying my claim b/c I was in there before them. Any ideas are greatly appreciated fellas, and sorry for the book lol. Just pissed/worried, as the car has ran great up until this point (14,500mi). Only mods were JLT intake, tune, and GT500's. Thanks again :beer:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
pull the plugs an check them out. you can try going back to ford, but i dont think your gonna have much luck. there gonna pull your ECU an read the whole thing before they are gonna shell out 10-12k for a replacement.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
That's my thought..but at the same time it could be worth the gamble if they were to replace it. I'm just worried they'll have the thing for weeks/months on end.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
That's my thought..but at the same time it could be worth the gamble if they were to replace it. I'm just worried they'll have the thing for weeks/months on end.

its always worth a shot, but they will have your car for awhile because there gonna investigate it. the dealer doesnt make the call. a ford Rep does an they car may sit at the dealer for a month or so before the make there mind up. so its your call. good luck on what ever you end up choosing.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
So it happened. Driving home casually, and all of a sudden, boom, CEL. I had noticed earlier that day that it had been acting a little strange, with a slightly different sound at idle, but after some looking into it, I wrote it off, stupidly. The car starts stuttering and stammering, with a NOTICEABLE lack of power, and increase in motor Nvh. Pull over to make sure all fluids are intact etc, and baby it home. Get the SCT plugged in to check DTC's, and of course.. P0308 (cyl#8 missfire):loser:. I knew this wouldnt work, but I tried it in high hopes that it would, put the stock intake back on, and loaded up the stock tune, and fired it back up. No CEL, but still noticeable missfire. Drive it around the block, let it sit for 2-3min running, and P0308 pops up again. Now Im in a spot in which I dont exactly know how to approach. Do I pull the plug and check for craziness, and/or change coil, or should I leave it alone and bring it to the dealer in hopes they dont find the old tune in there? I have a bad feeling it wont be an easy fix, so was thinking of doing a compression test/leakdown to see if its a ring or not, but at the same time I dont want Ford denying my claim b/c I was in there before them. Any ideas are greatly appreciated fellas, and sorry for the book lol. Just pissed/worried, as the car has ran great up until this point (14,500mi). Only mods were JLT intake, tune, and GT500's. Thanks again :beer:
That sucks bro. If you take it to the dealer that will give you your definitive answer. keep us posted if you pull the plugs and whatever else you do.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
its always worth a shot, but they will have your car for awhile because there gonna investigate it. the dealer doesnt make the call. a ford Rep does an they car may sit at the dealer for a month or so before the make there mind up. so its your call. good luck on what ever you end up choosing.
Ahh..i was under the impression the dealership made the call, that sucks!
That sucks bro. If you take it to the dealer that will give you your definitive answer. keep us posted if you pull the plugs and whatever else you do.

Yeah it does, bc i didn't wanna be one of the #8 guys lol. I'll keep yall posted.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Ahh..i was under the impression the dealership made the call, that sucks!

Yeah it does, bc i didn't wanna be one of the #8 guys lol. I'll keep yall posted.

the dealer will run Diagnostics and when they find the issue or dont find the issue they will call the ford hot line. at that point they would be told what the next steps are for them todo. when things that failed are large amounts the dealer doesnt make the call because if they replace it an then Ford says it was user fault the Dealer would then get charge by ford an would have to pay back ford the entire cost.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Eh, to be honest I'd rather not say right up front until i can properly diagnose what happened to the car. I don't want to sully reputations possibly if it wasn't tune related. I will say it was Sct though.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Pull the motor. Sell what you can and then have a new motor built :-D

Yeah that seems like the most practical route.. :lol:

If I do have to go out of pocket though, Im not sure what way I wanna go with it..Boss shortblock, built shortblock etc? Or do I pull the motor and sent it to the machine shop for pistons/rods:shrug:.

Nastystang

Tell Em Hells Coming!
Established Member
I'll buy your wheels and tires lol....Sorry for you troubles man hopefully it all works out for you

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Yeah that seems like the most practical route.. :lol:

If I do have to go out of pocket though, Im not sure what way I wanna go with it..Boss shortblock, built shortblock etc? Or do I pull the motor and sent it to the machine shop for pistons/rods:shrug:.

built shortblock man!

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Saw the MMR deal on here not too long ago which seems like a decent deal, but have been hearing alot of talk about issues with their motors, which makes me nervous as hell. Of course most of them are unsubstantiated..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread