Ffuuuuuuuuu..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graboid

Established Member
So, OP has a tuned car that throws a number 8 misfire code with a spark plug that looks like this:
20121014_170258.gif

Yeah. Bad gas is all that caused it. Look, I can see some bad gas on the threads.. oh that's oil, never mind. I wouldn't be able to sleep pawning that off on somebody else as a good motor.

Oil hell... Metal lol

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Where did the oil come from to coat that plug in the pic. How does an issue bad enough to pass that much oil magically fix itself?

Well there this magical thing called a pvc that sucks oil into the intake manifold which then goes into the cylinders. It is possible to foul a plug that way.

mhyjek

Established Member
Well there this magical thing called a pvc that sucks oil into the intake manifold which then goes into the cylinders. It is possible to foul a plug that way.

Yeah and it only went to #8? Not here to put down the guy but has pulled the plug again to see how the replacement plug is doing? If fine then great if not he has a situation to deal with... Not easy but won't kill him either, the reason I chose the mustang besides being a kick ass model it also has a ton of after market competition and the pricing for replacement parts are reasonable.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Yeah and it only went to #8? Not here to put down the guy but has pulled the plug again to see how the replacement plug is doing? If fine then great if not he has a situation to deal with... Not easy but won't kill him either, the reason I chose the mustang besides being a kick ass model it also has a ton of after market competition and the pricing for replacement parts are reasonable.

He did pull the plug again. I think he may have even posted the pic somewhere. He said plug looked fine an the car drives great now an no cel light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread